MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options
Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

The word derp shall not pass my lips

Yours (shall we take weight and fitness as a given)

Replies

• AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I shall run a 10k race without walking.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I shall not IRL facepalm if I see anyone mention Dr. Oz or the latest detox. :p
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

I need to adopt this as my MFP resolution.

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I will just accept that on a multi-cultural forum a lot gets lost in translation.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Now you've raised the bar too high :) Can't we start off with something easier, like climbing an 8000-footer or running a marathon?
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I will drop at least half of the 75 pounds I need to lose.

I will not judge anyone too harshly for eating the Obligatory 1200 Calories MFP likes to give and try to educate rather than dictate.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I will not get frustrated at seeing all the masses of questions that everyone has asked before. I will enjoy being friended by new year-ers. I will not get too sad when 90% of them stop logging in after a month.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I will stop clicking on all those 'cheat day' threads.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I will not get insanely jealous of people who can eat twice as many calories as me and still lose weight.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I will stop yelling at my computer screen when MFP updates.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I will stay away from sugar

...threads.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I will stop getting so annoyed at my own typos and grammatical errors (other people's don't bother me). Mind you, I've been saying that since AOL 2.0...
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options

I need to adopt this as my MFP resolution.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I will stop letting passive aggressive responses bother me so much.

Oh who am I kidding.

I will cure cancer. That seems more doable.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of growing a beard. And taking up smoking. Definitely gonna drink more.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I might adopt all these resolutions .... well, maybe not the "growing beard & smoking" ..... but definitely gonna drink more .... cheers !
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I shall smile serenely and pass without comment all posts titled 'Can't lose weight!' when it involves two weeks of dieting and three days of being the same weight...

I shall shudder, avert my eyes, and place a dollar in a jar when 'defiantly' is used in place of 'definitely' on these boards. Correcting is useless & I could use the money as a rainy day bonus...

I shall bless and release all women of various sizes, shapes, ages, and activity levels who want to eat 1200 calories. It is obviously part of their feminine identity to be such delicate creatures. I pray there is a sturdy fainting couch nearby for their comfort & safety...
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I shall smile serenely and pass without comment all posts titled 'Can't lose weight!' when it involves two weeks of dieting and three days of being the same weight...

I shall shudder, avert my eyes, and place a dollar in a jar when 'defiantly' is used in place of 'definitely' on these boards. Correcting is useless & I could use the money as a rainy day bonus...

I shall bless and release all women of various sizes, shapes, ages, and activity levels who want to eat 1200 calories. It is obviously part of their feminine identity to be such delicate creatures. I pray there is a sturdy fainting couch nearby for their comfort & safety...

Defiantly a +1
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »

I would like one of those