MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I will not read a thread then search for a .gif that sums up my opinion because I never end up posting them. Posting them seems to be a no-no around here now.

Not sure why that is but I would love an explanation for it.
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I will not cry and take it personally when people post 'no one should eat only 1200 cals a day to lose unless they are small and old'
    I just hate the fact that I am the 'small and old person'. I think I am 26; not 62. Hee hee.

Cheers, h.
    ETA I will not roll my eyes at the blame menopause for everything threads. I will offer sympathy and common sense.

That's me, for sure!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

I need to adopt this as my MFP resolution.

I do too. I can NOT believe how many people can't spell! It's really disturbing. I'm already failing miserably at not being annoyed by this.....

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'll continue to avoid commenting on ridiculous weight loss advice Facebook posts such as the best times to drink water during the day to optimize hydration (a strict schedule)....and the fact they think you need 12 oz first thing in the morning to "activate your internal organs" ....huh? I was afraid to even ask LOL

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I will not read the comments sections on articles

I will watch more Netflix.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I shall not judge pictures posted in MFP showing a messy bedroom or bathroom in the background and showing clothes all over the place. It really distracts me from appreciating the success stories.
    Sorry I am bad >:)

I am bad too!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I will not read a thread then search for a .gif that sums up my opinion because I never end up posting them. Posting them seems to be a no-no around here now.

There's a certain someone around here who takes exception to gifs (apparently they're on a humor deficit, too) and raises a big stink whenever someone has the temerity to be funny in the forums.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    I'll continue to avoid commenting on ridiculous weight loss advice Facebook posts such as the best times to drink water during the day to optimize hydration (a strict schedule)....and the fact they think you need 12 oz first thing in the morning to "activate your internal organs" ....huh? I was afraid to even ask LOL

I have a special power ring for that.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

There's a certain someone around here who takes exception to gifs (apparently they're on a humor deficit, too) and raises a big stink whenever someone has the temerity to be funny in the forums.

I figured as much. I've been wanting to ask about it since I've noticed that the general vibe of the forums has changed a lot over the last few months.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options

I figured as much. I've been wanting to ask about it since I've noticed that the general vibe of the forums has changed a lot over the last few months.

I love GIF's makes my day and makes me laugh. Loosing weight is hard enough, I do not want to loose my sense of humour too so please keep the GIF's coming :smiley:
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    I will just accept that on a multi-cultural forum a lot gets lost in translation.

I shall not expect so that I will not resent.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    alizesmom wrote: »
    I will not cry and take it personally when people post 'no one should eat only 1200 cals a day to lose unless they are small and old'
    I just hate the fact that I am the 'small and old person'. I think I am 26; not 62. Hee hee.

Cheers, h.
    ETA I will not roll my eyes at the blame menopause for everything threads. I will offer sympathy and common sense.

That's me, for sure!

Oh dang, I know that I do that (post that 1200 calories should be reserved for small/older/sedentary women.) The thing is, to me, that population is the group that should use that goal and I don't think there's anything wrong with being in that population. My frustration really is with people who want to go to an unnecessary extreme to lose (and 1200 for that group isn't unnecessary or extreme.) I hope I explained that okay.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

I should start with that. But when I see someone saying "this makes your digestion worse so you put on more fat" which is wrong at least three times over, I just can't stop myself.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I shall not get irrationally irritated when i see posts titled "Anyone else tried x?" Or "Anyone else a _____?"

I will just roll my eyes and sarcastically say to my screen...."noooo....you're the ONLY one."

Those threads are not intentionally asking if they are the only person on this whole forum to do or be _____, i know. The way they are worded makes me irrationally irritated, regardless of the intent.

• tincanonastring
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I shall not get irrationally irritated when i see posts titled "Anyone else tried x?" Or "Anyone else a _____?"

I will just roll my eyes and sarcastically say to my screen...."noooo....you're the ONLY one."

Those threads are not intentionally asking if they are the only person on this whole forum to do or be _____, i know. The way they are worded makes me irrationally irritated, regardless of the intent.

We are soulmates.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    1. I will not even answer any "starvation mode" comments.
    2. I won't eat either of my kids's 2 lb rice krispies treats "fun sheets"....but i will partake liberally.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm sorry, I lied in my earlier post regarding other people's errors. I'm now twitchy because I've just seen "alot". It's two words, people! I need a rub-down with a gin-soaked rag to get over this ::hangs head in shame::

@CurlyCockney Here, with my kindest regards:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I will not click on the "bride-to-be" threads.

I don't need to see that much self-absorption, and my teeth don't need any more grinding.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I lied in my earlier post regarding other people's errors. I'm now twitchy because I've just seen "alot". It's two words, people! I need a rub-down with a gin-soaked rag to get over this ::hangs head in shame::

@CurlyCockney Here, with my kindest regards:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Hahaha I love it! Thanks - thanks alot!