MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    alizesmom wrote: »
    I will not cry and take it personally when people post 'no one should eat only 1200 cals a day to lose unless they are small and old'
    I just hate the fact that I am the 'small and old person'. I think I am 26; not 62. Hee hee.

Cheers, h.
    ETA I will not roll my eyes at the blame menopause for everything threads. I will offer sympathy and common sense.

That's me, for sure!

Oh dang, I know that I do that (post that 1200 calories should be reserved for small/older/sedentary women.) The thing is, to me, that population is the group that should use that goal and I don't think there's anything wrong with being in that population. My frustration really is with people who want to go to an unnecessary extreme to lose (and 1200 for that group isn't unnecessary or extreme.) I hope I explained that okay.

@jemhh, it was just me having a pity party. :'(

I know exactly where everyone is coming from when that piece of sensible advice is posted, and have more than once used myself as an example- especially when it is 20yo men.
    It still makes me cry.
    Still, I prefer old to the alternative.

Cheers, h.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I resolve to go to bed earlier for 2 reasons: when I am tired I have zero self control AND the longer I stay up doing nothing useful the more I eat nothing useful.
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    I resolve not to post after 2 glasses of wine. My natural bluntness comes out and I offend delicate rays of sunshine.

Cheers, h.
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I will not cry and take it personally when people post 'no one should eat only 1200 cals a day to lose unless they are small and old'

We should assume that 'old' is the poster's age plus 1.
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Thank you @threadmad that gave me a late night giggle.
    Cheers, h.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    dredremeg wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I shall not judge pictures posted in MFP showing a messy bedroom or bathroom in the background and showing clothes all over the place. It really distracts me from appreciating the success stories.
    Sorry I am bad >:)

I am bad too!

I really thought I was probably the only terrible horrible borderline-psychopath whose chain jerks at that very spectacle. I think you've just pulled me up to one of the very edges of the normal spectrum... Thank you.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I resolve not to post after 2 glasses of wine. My natural bluntness comes out and I offend delicate rays of sunshine.

Cheers, h.

You make me laugh... Keep it up!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I will finally choose one: SMH means Shake My Head or Smack My Head.

Hmm. I thought it was Scratch My Head so I'm interested in your decision.

I thought it was So Much Hate.

• stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I will resist the urge to flip my keyboard when someone says "muscle weights more than fat".

I will face palm instead.
  • purpledragonfly54
    Options
    I will loose weight this time ! I will be fit and healthier and learn to like myself :smile:
    My weight loss journey starts today .......

23753929.png
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    I, will continue, to sit, on my, hands and, not point, out, to one, particular, poster that her, comma, button is, stuck.

And I, with, you.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Oh oh! I shall try not to get an eye twitch every time I see people saying they "weight" everything instead of the correct "weigh". Seriously, when did that become such a common mistake.

I'm also enjoying the irony of a responder using loose incorrectly but will not quote them in an attempt to be nice............or nicer.

I have managed though, to start a comment and then delete it about aforementioned FB friend doing the "chemical diet" to lose a stone in a week. It's taking immense willpower though not to rattle off a bunch of science to debunk the nonsense.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

The word derp shall not pass my lips

Yours (shall we take weight and fitness as a given)

Definitely DO NOT turn on your tv's captions for a while. On the new Oprah Weight Watchers commercials where she talks about "2016 is the year of your best body" (whatever that means). She talks about losing weight. The captions repeatedly say loosing weight lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I will not silently mock and condemn college students who wait and wait to take the elevator DOWN one flight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

Oh yeah. I need to stay away from the forums during PMS. Really.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I shall continue to cheer for Man City.

I shall purchase a Watford shirt(who doesn't want to look like a bumble bee?!?)

I shall continue my Sunday run past a Chelsea fan just to wave and encourage him. He continues to let me know "I am #1" with the wrong finger.

I shall continue to learn how to say thank you, order beer and chicken, in a new language.

I shall work at making my diet resemble the rainbow. And avoid skittles ;)

I, shall continue, to use, the comma , , , , ,button.,.,,,,, in a variety of new ways.

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I resolve to not immediately think "is it me?" when a poster says "there is a certain poster who..."

Unless it really is me...

Resolution failed.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I will not silently mock and condemn college students who wait and wait to take the elevator DOWN one flight.

Ooh, this is hard for me. I work at the top of a building and share an elevator bank with a business that takes up 5 floors and had an internal staircase and despite having an internal staircase for their use employees are constantly taking the elevator one or two floors, which makes it take longer for everyone else. I judge liberally and exchange judging looks with others who work near the top of the building. I suppose I should resolve to stop this.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I also resolve not to argue with people who come through the drive thru at work and complain that McDonald's portion sizes are too big and that's why we have an obesity epidemic.

No, moron, we have an obesity epidemic because you can't be bothered to drive across our parking lot and go to walmart to buy food and take it home and cook it. Or because you think you need a double quarter pounder three times a day every day. Ooorrrr...

Surprised i haven't gotten fired yet. I suppose that's the good part of being a manager....everyone just leaves me alone when i say horrible things to the idiots.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    I shall continue to cheer for Man City.

I shall purchase a Watford shirt(who doesn't want to look like a bumble bee?!?)

I shall continue my Sunday run past a Chelsea fan just to wave and encourage him. He continues to let me know "I am #1" with the wrong finger.

I shall continue to learn how to say thank you, order beer and chicken, in a new language.

I shall work at making my diet resemble the rainbow. And avoid skittles ;)

I, shall continue, to use, the comma , , , , ,button.,.,,,,, in a variety of new ways.

Skittles are the worst anyway and should be avoided