MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I resolve to stop judging the poor grammar choices of people who claim to have high level educations and professional careers.

Oh wait, I don't believe in New Year's resolutions :grimace:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I resolve to be even more obnoxious when I see someone leave their cart in the parking lot when the cart return is only 10 feet away.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    I resolve to be even more obnoxious when I see someone leave their cart in the parking lot when the cart return is only 10 feet away.

What do you do? lol. Unfortunately I never catch people in the act.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Or when they leave it right next to it instead of walking 3 feet around the rail to put it in.
    I have a deep scratch in my door because of someone too lazy to walk a couple feet.

Ok deep breaths lol

Withdraw vs withdrawal will probably be my next online correction since I'm seeing it more often. And draw instead of drawer. I don't get that one at all.
  • reachingunder120
    reachingunder120 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I shall continue to show up for work on a daily basis even tho my depression keeps wanting me to give up on everything and sleep in the bath tub with a bottle of wine as the rest of my life falls to pieces around me

I think I might need help.

Edit: oops this was supposed to be a lighter side resolution?
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I *will* stick to my exercise plan. I *will* run a 5k without walking. I *will* tackle the teenage cram it in there tidy up cupboard at the bottom of my bed. Well... if I can survive the avalanche after opening the door :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Options

Or when they leave it right next to it instead of walking 3 feet around the rail to put it in.
    I have a deep scratch in my door because of someone too lazy to walk a couple feet.

Ok deep breaths lol

Withdraw vs withdrawal will probably be my next online correction since I'm seeing it more often. And draw instead of drawer. I don't get that one at all.

Actually a car pushed a loose cart into my car not too long ago. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed (turned out that I knew the driver too).
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I resolve to continue not to respond to posters who use 'txtspeak' and compose entire posts without capitalization or punctuation. Reading the posts makes me feel like I'm on speed - "hey guise do u thnk i shd eat mor protein i lik vegies 2 but nly 4 brkfst wht do u thnk do u lk them 2 k thx"

But I'll still sit here and roll my eyes and mourn the death of literacy.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I resolve to continue not to respond to posters who use 'txtspeak' and compose entire posts without capitalization or punctuation. Reading the posts makes me feel like I'm on speed - "hey guise do u thnk i shd eat mor protein i lik vegies 2 but nly 4 brkfst wht do u thnk do u lk them 2 k thx"

Kudos to you if you can decode it the first time you read it. Those posts and ones where every sentence ends with an emoji irritate me.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    sinbadfxdl wrote: »
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    I will just accept that on a multi-cultural forum a lot gets lost in translation.

I shall not expect so that I will not resent.

Oh! I'm adding this little gem to my memory. Thank you.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have a variety depending on the situation. The most common is just pointing out where the return is. Or I ask if they need help. I do this knowing they might have a legit excuse.

Super obnoxious, I know. I may not be a nice person.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I shall continue to show up for work on a daily basis even tho my depression keeps wanting me to give up on everything and sleep in the bath tub with a bottle of wine as the rest of my life falls to pieces around me

I think I might need help.

Edit: oops this was supposed to be a lighter side resolution?

Might be a lighter side, but I think yours is a good goal. Not letting the desire to quit take over is a damn fine aspiration.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

i have a variety depending on the situation. The most common is just pointing out where the return is. Or I ask if they need help. I do this knowing they might have a legit excuse.

Shop at Aldi. Gotta return the carts to get your quarter back! Genius.

• vivmom2014
    Options

I'm right there with you.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

i have a variety depending on the situation. The most common is just pointing out where the return is. Or I ask if they need help. I do this knowing they might have a legit excuse.

I do something similar if I pull up next to someone who I observed not using their turn signal. "Excuse me. Did you know your turn signal isn't working?"
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »

Kudos to you if you can decode it the first time you read it. Those posts and ones where every sentence ends with an emoji irritate me.

Sorry :'( dud B)
  • Francl27
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

That's how it was in France already 14 years ago lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I would if there were one closer. :disappointed:

• vivmom2014
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I would if there were one closer. :disappointed:

Yeah. They're starting to pop up here just outside of DC, but still not convenient. I will drive the distance if I have enough items to get. Aldi makes shopping at a "regular" grocery store almost infuriating!!

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

That's how it was in France already 14 years ago lol.

And most UK supermarkets. I have a "trolley coin" for just the purpose, lives on my keyring so I don't have to scratch around for change. Also, it's £1, so a lot more to lose than a quarter!