MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Avoid arguing with those who just seem to want to argue. I'll just make my point and move on.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I shall not judge pictures posted in MFP showing a messy bedroom or bathroom in the background and showing clothes all over the place. It really distracts me from appreciating the success stories.
    Sorry I am bad >:)

But is this not the reason why the pictures are included in the success stories? Half my fun is examining the backgrounds in the photos.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I shall smile serenely and pass without comment all posts titled 'Can't lose weight!' when it involves two weeks of dieting and three days of being the same weight...

I shall shudder, avert my eyes, and place a dollar in a jar when 'defiantly' is used in place of 'definitely' on these boards. Correcting is useless & I could use the money as a rainy day bonus...

I shall bless and release all women of various sizes, shapes, ages, and activity levels who want to eat 1200 calories. It is obviously part of their feminine identity to be such delicate creatures. I pray there is a sturdy fainting couch nearby for their comfort & safety...

This one cracked me up!

Basically this!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I shall not judge pictures posted in MFP showing a messy bedroom or bathroom in the background and showing clothes all over the place. It really distracts me from appreciating the success stories.

But is this not the reason why the pictures are included in the success stories? Half my fun is examining the backgrounds in the photos.

On that note, I will also try not to gauge a person's value based on the smears, smudges, and spots on the mirrors in which they take their selfie.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I will finally choose one: SMH means Shake My Head or Smack My Head.

Thought it was 'shake my head'. Hmm.

I considered for a minute that a resolution would be to stop b*tching at people who leave the carts all over the parking lot because it's apparently too hard to walk an extra 50 steps to put it away, but I realized that it's just not going to happen.

But I guess most people make resolutions they don't stick to anyway so heck - no more b*tching about what people are doing (as if).

I also don't think I will take more selfies after looking at this thread, lol.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

On that note, I will also try not to gauge a person's value based on the smears, smudges, and spots on the mirrors in which they take their selfie.

Nor the extent of their duck face or head tilt
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I will try not to be suspicious or annoyed when someone sends me a friend request.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    --I will not give troll "advice" to NYR-ers, no matter how amusing I may find it to be.

--I will not get annoyed and throw people out of "my" squat rack when I go back to the gym tomorrow. Unless they're doing curls or shrugs, then all bets are off.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I will not get irrate when the MFP home page takes an aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee to load.

Okay. So I probably will.

Ah well.

It's the thought that counts.

:-)
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I will ignore all posts with "activity tracker" or a brand name of such devices in the title. Why didn't THEY get their own forum??? Huh???? Splain that pleez.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Every time I do a progress picture I notice a new smudge on my mirror and make a mental note to clean the mirror and then...................

I already failed. I wasn't going to comment on FB friends quack 2 week miracle diets. Did about an hour ago.

I wasn't gong to comment on FB posts about any MLM scheme which pushes detoxes and weight loss supplements. Already did about an hour ago.

I did however smile at the hundreds of newbs running and cycling in MY usually nice quiet park on my run this morning. Then came home and moaned about it. Ha!

Um, let's see, a realistic one.......I promise not to click on any detox or green tea or raspberry ketone threads. Maybe.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I considered for a minute that a resolution would be to stop b*tching at people who leave the carts all over the parking lot because it's apparently too hard to walk an extra 50 steps to put it away, but I realized that it's just not going to happen.

But I guess most people make resolutions they don't stick to anyway so heck - no more b*tching about what people are doing (as if).

Those people are missing out on the satisfaction of standing 5 feet from a cart corral and sending the cart hurtling forward as forcefully as possible to get it to link up with another abandoned cart in the corral.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I, will continue, to sit, on my, hands and, not point, out, to one, particular, poster that her, comma, button is, stuck.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am defianetly going to loose wait by eating less calories. I hope to not go threw it alone. I can ketch up to all my MFP friends who are already loosing alot of wait.

No? ha ha ha. Sorry, I had to.

Actually, I probably could have written the OP myself because the "loose" has been really bugging me lately.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Those people are missing out on the satisfaction of standing 5 feet from a cart corral and sending the cart hurtling forward as forcefully as possible to get it to link up with another abandoned cart in the corral.

Isn't that fun to do???
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I will not cry and take it personally when people post 'no one should eat only 1200 cals a day to lose unless they are small and old'
    I just hate the fact that I am the 'small and old person'. I think I am 26; not 62. Hee hee.

Cheers, h.
    ETA I will not roll my eyes at the blame menopause for everything threads. I will offer sympathy and common sense.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

The word derp shall not pass my lips

Yours (shall we take weight and fitness as a given)

"Less" is a perfectly correct term to use when preceding a thing that can be counted. So "less calories" is grammatically correct.

Sorry.

Wait *kitten*, I've got that the wrong way round. Ignore me, you're right. It's things that can't be counted where "less" should be used.

This is embarrassing for me because I'm doing a masters degree in professional writing

And yet "10 items or less" mercantile/grocery store signs are not the clear-cut abomination some insist they are. (:
  • 20months
    20months Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I shall not bristle when I see "loose" for "lose" or less calories instead of fewer calories

This will be the hardest of them all for me!!
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Nor the extent of their duck face or head tilt

I love the duck face(see profile)...lmao
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This grinds my gears so much that it inspired me to write a blog on how to take progress pictures. I knew someone on FB who would post pics and as her waistline shrank the pile of dirty laundry in the background grew.