Friend requests without messages: Creepy or nah?

Options
123457»

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy but I do think it's weird. I imagine a person I've never met coming up to me in the grocery store and asking if we can be friends without so much as a "hey I'm Amber" first.

I've never had a person "ask" to be my friend in real life. Usually it's just understood.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy but I do think it's weird. I imagine a person I've never met coming up to me in the grocery store and asking if we can be friends without so much as a "hey I'm Amber" first.

I've never had a person "ask" to be my friend in real life. Usually it's just understood.

I'd friend propose to you with a beautiful rendition of a Backstreet Boys song.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

You haven't? Well . . . maybe I'm the odd one. ;)

You're right, it's not exactly the same, but I still think it's weird to ask a person for friendship without even introducing yourself.
  • thatkellygirl19
    thatkellygirl19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't find it creepy and it doesn't bother me one bit. Although it is nice receiving a message knowing why they added me.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I don't find it creepy and it doesn't bother me one bit. Although it is nice receiving a message knowing why they added me.

If it is a guy sending the FR, just assume it is because you are hot
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's creepy, but I prefer a message as I'm not always sure why that person is adding me specifically. Sometimes I recognise the username from a thread I've been on (like 'moms, I need support' or similar) so I will add them, but if they haven't come from a thread I've been on recently then I won't add them.
  • hazman81
    hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I too like the creepier friend request...... Unfortunately I haven't had one yet:(. Jk I'm no to the app and have no friends to interact with.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't accept without a message unless I have already interacted with the person on forums or I see them on friends pages.

especially if it's a male. too many creeps just looking to get some via the Internet

I agree. As long as we've interacted I'm not worried about it. Otherwise, I would like a quick intro message.