What Did You Have For Lunch Today

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Mine was deli sliced roast beef, egg beaters omelet, and mixed cantaloupe and honeydew melons. Total 192 calories. Lots of room for a nice snack this afternoon.
habropjz113q.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Too early for lunch still :)
  • Traveling_Kimw
    Traveling_Kimw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I had a lean cuisine French bread pizza, yogurt and a banana. Some almonds for a snack later
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Looks great for a snack, but for me 200 calories is not a lunch, it's a pennance! I am assuming you eat lots of meals like this a day, or eat the majority of your food at other meals?!

My lunch today was a heaped large plate of maccaroni with homemade cheese sauce, broccoli and turkey. 631 calories all weighed to the gram, 31g protein. Still fits in my 1700 alotted calories today and in my daily macros.

ETA - as you can guess, I don't snack - or at most once, a light one in the afternoon. I guess people eat very differently !
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My lunch yesterday was a can of tuna mixed with some salsa, lime juice and jalapeño/garlic stuffed olives. I ate it with multi-grain crackers. Also had an orange, a cup of blackberries and a homemade chocolate truffle. About 450 calories and it tasted delicious and kept me going til dinner.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    One little gem lettuce, handfull cherry tomatoes, 50g chicken breast, one small avocado and a squeeze of lime juice
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Hummus sandwich with lots of vegetables.
  • AMRROL
    Options
    Looks great for a snack, but for me 200 calories is not a lunch, it's a pennance! I am assuming you eat lots of meals like this a day, or eat the majority of your food at other meals?!

My lunch today was a heaped large plate of maccaroni with homemade cheese sauce, broccoli and turkey. 631 calories all weighed to the gram, 31g protein. Still fits in my 1700 alotted calories today and in my daily macros.

ETA - as you can guess, I don't snack - or at most once, a light one in the afternoon. I guess people eat very differently !

You are correct. I eat several small meals a day as I am also diabetic and it helps even out the sugar highs and lows. I am just trying to make those meals a bit more healthy and fresh.
  • AMRROL
    Options
    moyen2 wrote: »
    My lunch yesterday was a can of tuna mixed with some salsa, lime juice and jalapeño/garlic stuffed olives. I ate it with multi-grain crackers. Also had an orange, a cup of blackberries and a homemade chocolate truffle. About 450 calories and it tasted delicious and kept me going til dinner.

Sounds really delicious.
  • mef1107
    mef1107 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Special K Breakfast sandwich, 1 cup Progesso soup, and an apple. ( approx. 400 cal) this was after going to the gym and pushing a few weights around for about 20 min, on my lunch hour.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pepper soup and a Fage 0% Raspberry. 400 calories.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Big Mac for a dollar.

So, so good.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Beans and rice with plaon yogurt, cheese and salsa
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Some broccoli, bok choy, celery, parsnips, carrots, garlic and onions with a tsp of ground ginger, the sections of two medium oranges and some cashews all sautéed in a pan with 1 tsp coconut oil and downed with a tall glass of white tea. My Chinese veggie lunch. :smiley: 426 calories including the ground ginger and tea. I count everything.
  • AMRROL
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Big Mac for a dollar.

So, so good.

LOL

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Kraft Mac n Cheese with diced ham left from New Years supper. And, some oatmeal cookies I made with coconut flour and protein powder. Haven't eaten yet but its in my lunch box and logged in food diary.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Pizza!
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    leftovers from a dish consisting of caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms, and ground venison, seasoned with lots of herbs. 205 cals. And a mug of tea. I hate sandwiches, so I always take leftovers to work. I save my calories for after-dinner snacking. I can hold out nearly all day on food, no problem, but after dinner, oh the munchies. It doesn't help that I work-out in the evenings.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    120g 93/7 ground beef seasoned as taco meat
    28g four-cheese blend
    3 tbsp salsa
    50g light sour cream

For dessert, 21g of sugar-free peanut butter fudge.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    leftover egg & quinoa enchilada skillet.. sounds weird but was surprisingly good

I'm definitely a snacker also. I usually have about 280-320 calories for lunch and also have 2 morning snacks totaling about 200 calories and a small afternoon snack in the 70-100 range.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    An avocado seasoned with TrueLime lime / garlic / cilantro powder and some salt, a handful of sugar snap peas for dipping up the avocado, three curry sweet potato salmon cakes with curry Greek yogurt on top, and two chunks of black bean fudge. A hair under 700 calories (where my target for the day is 1,950).