What Did You Have For Lunch Today

Options

Replies

• Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Same thing I have for lunch every day - 153 g apple, 32g natural peanut butter and a Quest bar.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I prepped my lunches for the week so I'm all set and only have to grab it out of the fridge. Yesterday was pesto parmesan chicken over zucchini noodles (it was SO good!) Today will be teriyaki chicken, rice and roasted broccoli and tomorrow is barbecue chicken, oven roasted vegetables and a little rice. Two of those will be repeated this week. The calories are 4-500 per meal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    A big slice of sausage pizza, raw slices of red & green bell pepper, shredded lettuce, raisins, and a pear.
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A 2.5oz packet of Chicken of the Sea wild tuna, mixed with a bit of mayo, a slosh of Tabasco, and a lot of chopped celery (this is a thrown-together work lunch; I'd season it more nicely if I were home). A tamari rice cake, some celery sticks & baby carrots, and a mandarin orange. I'm quite full.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I had a spinach/cheese/onion omelete with a sliced pink lady apple.

:)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I was out, so a Starbucks chicken salad sandwich and a mint tea.
  • mshague
    mshague Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had an orange, a pear, and a greek salad from Kroger Deli. I added 2 boiled egg whites to it for protein.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    2 piece of toast with cheese and 2 harboiled eggs. whole
  • mshague
    Options
    DKG28 wrote: »
    leftovers from a dish consisting of caramelized onions, portabella mushrooms, and ground venison, seasoned with lots of herbs. 205 cals. And a mug of tea. I hate sandwiches, so I always take leftovers to work. I save my calories for after-dinner snacking. I can hold out nearly all day on food, no problem, but after dinner, oh the munchies. It doesn't help that I work-out in the evenings.

I am the SAME way!!!!! I love late snacking!
  • mshague
    Options
    AMRROL wrote: »
    brower47 wrote: »
    Big Mac for a dollar.

So, so good.

LOL

LOL!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ham and cheese sammie
  • fat2fitaddict
    fat2fitaddict Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I ate 1 can of Progresso Light clam chowder soup (200 cals for the whole can) and 6 Mt.Olive sweet Gherkin sugar free pickles (0 cals). Total 200 cals. :-)
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So far, I've had a granny smith apple, and, errrr, I guess a lazy chicken soup (bouillon cubes and a bunch of the veggies from a broccoli salad bag). Going to have a little packet of tuna with some sriracha soon.

Goal for tomorrow: actually remember to bring a protein so I'm not stuck eating yet another packet of tuna.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    a giant salad. nomnomnomnom
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Salad - baby greens, red pepper, onion, carrot, boiled egg, leftover grilled swordfish and a homemade mustard horseradish vinaigrette.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    AMRROL wrote: »
    Looks great for a snack, but for me 200 calories is not a lunch, it's a pennance! I am assuming you eat lots of meals like this a day, or eat the majority of your food at other meals?!

My lunch today was a heaped large plate of maccaroni with homemade cheese sauce, broccoli and turkey. 631 calories all weighed to the gram, 31g protein. Still fits in my 1700 alotted calories today and in my daily macros.

ETA - as you can guess, I don't snack - or at most once, a light one in the afternoon. I guess people eat very differently !

You are correct. I eat several small meals a day as I am also diabetic and it helps even out the sugar highs and lows. I am just trying to make those meals a bit more healthy and fresh.

You are succeeding - that definitely looks fresh, balanced and delicious!
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast on whole wheat, fat free yogurt, natural almonds, baby spinach and an apple
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    collard greens & ham and a 100 Grand chocolate bar
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Red leaf romaine, tomatoes, avocado, vegan kielbasa, & cilantro yogurt dressing.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A Optimum nutrition gold chocolate protein shake, raw carrots, celery and some garlic sausage