Do people give you weird looks in public?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well yes but not because I have tats wish I did or piercings at least the looks would make sense, I'm 4ft 10in and apparently that makes me odd , I have two daughters ages 16 months in a few days and turning 3 in Aug , in fact one day a woman flat out not only stared at me but had the nerve to ask if they were mine? seriously ?

I swear people need to let go of the stereotype that petite people are young,

I swear if I were a different person Id give some of those people a piece of my mind,

Im 29 and its a constant battle to prove that I'm not a teenager or a 21 yrs old ,

its getting old , ill be 30 in Feb so there has to come a point when I look my age.

I do no act like a teenager nor do I dress like one so why do people think Im so young ?

My oldest looks like me and my youngest does not but they are my children .

Im sure lots of other petite women have this issue, oh well what can I do but be myself and let them think as they want .

I have the same issue, but I am 28. People think I look 12 ( Yes, 12!) At 5'5, I am not really all that petite. It's not like I dress like a kid either, and I have boobs that are quite visible, so I am not sure why people assume I am a kid who has not even graduated middle school LOL. It's embarrassing, but on the other hand, when we're 50, we'll probably look a good 10 or so years younger :)
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Be it for any reason, mostly for you being you? I've had people give me the strangest looks. Keep in mind, most of these people are in their 60's+.

If you go to my pictures, it's quite obvious why these people would look at me as some sort of alien.
    It's funny to me when they're giving me these looks, then witness me committing an act of kindness.

It goes to show, judgement will always start on the cover of the book.

I'm just curious, has anyone given you strange looks in public, be it the way you were acting, your weight, your appearance, etc.?

Eh, I've always dressed and been a little strange. I don't think it's frowned upon as much as you think. Everyone in my neighborhood has full sleeve tats and crazy hair and piercings. It's not edgy anymore.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    If anyone tries to give me weird looks, I just say No thanks, I have enough weird looks of my own.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes sometimes I get stares when I walk past them
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yep, because I'm fat and still youngish.
    That's one reason why I want to lose weight, I want people to look at me because I look good,
    Not because I look like a big fat slob...
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aaaaalll the time, they boy and I like to dress up, we have 50s days, dapper days, colour coordinated days.. you name it lol x Also the boy looks a little like Jonny Depp so we get ALOT of looks, we just smile and say hello. And for the people giving those scrunched up rude looks, I like to smile and ask if they are okay. Be proud of who you are and shine bright :tongue:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    It seems I have been invisible for the last couple of years but I didn't actually realize until I lost weight and noticed people started looking lol. Sometimes I guess people I have seen before but don't know at the pub and places like that can't believe I've changed so much but lately a lot of people seem to be looking at me and my bf strangely too. Theres a big age difference between us and they look at me, look at him, look back to me.....I wonder if I'm looking younger or he's looking older lol
  • lakishamcquany
    lakishamcquany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    They might give me strange looks but I'd have to be paying them attention to know this!
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yes but it could be that my hair is currently half purple and half orange
  • skykitten
    skykitten Posts: 10
    Options
    yep! My sister and I are identical twins. We're nearly 6ft tall too which just adds to the whole thing. Sometimes we accidentally turn up to places wearing the same/similar things then the staring and whispering REALLY starts.

It's funny, we're now really used to seeing people look between us and then whisper to their mate. Sometimes you can even hear them say 'do you think they're twins?'. When it's that overt, we just say 'er yeah, we are'.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    If anyone tries to give me weird looks, I just say No thanks, I have enough weird looks of my own.

totally