Do people give you weird looks in public?

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not so much now, but when I was a crazy raver girl who weighed 95 pounds wearing my UFO pants and giant Ecko hoodies, YES they did :drinker:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Be it for any reason, mostly for you being you? I've had people give me the strangest looks. Keep in mind, most of these people are in their 60's+.
    I'm 60. I get stared at a lot by people in their 20's. Maybe they think they've stumbled onto a dinosaur.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes they do.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    funny-pictures-non-conformist-bird.jpg
  • TonicSapphire
    Options
    Just an observation...

A lot of senior citizen bashing going on. What's that about?

It's about pots and kettles.

Seriously! You wippersnappers remember the 70's? Us old-timers invented the freak flag. Get a lesson in history. Vietnam. Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Platform shoes. Arnold and bodybuilders on Venice Beach. Talk about being stared at? Everything old is new again.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I feel like they do. I always wonder why. Is it that I'm disgusting? Is something on my face, in my hair? Am I walking strange? Is it because I'm so fat? It goes around and around in my head. I hope it's just social anxiety.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I don't blame people for staring at me, especially when I stomp through intersections or crash through grocery stores. I weigh 7 tons, so it's bound to happen. One lady was particularly rude last week and actually screamed and hid her children's eyes. Instead of taking it personally, I just ate her entire mini van, family and all. I spit out the dog, though. It seemed nice enough, and they tend to upset my stomach.

I know I was over on calories that day, but it was worth it.

T-Rex-Facts.jpg
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    Be it for any reason, mostly for you being you? I've had people give me the strangest looks. Keep in mind, most of these people are in their 60's+.

If you go to my pictures, it's quite obvious why these people would look at me as some sort of alien.
    It's funny to me when they're giving me these looks, then witness me committing an act of kindness.

It goes to show, judgement will always start on the cover of the book.

I'm just curious, has anyone given you strange looks in public, be it the way you were acting, your weight, your appearance, etc.?

yep all the time 2 big reasons :/
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know. I rarely pay attention to what others are doing.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Awe yeah. Always. And I'm really not that weird looking, and I'm friendly as *kitten* too, for an introvert
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    But... you... look so awesome!

And i always get looks..... I look completely normal.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

If you go to my pictures, it's quite obvious why these people would look at me as some sort of alien.
    It's funny to me when they're giving me these looks, then witness me committing an act of kindness.

I'm just curious, has anyone given you strange looks in public, be it the way you were acting, your weight, your appearance, etc.?

I don't really pay attention but it wouldn't surprise me. I've been told I'm: weird, strange, unusual, a freak, ect :wink:
    Funny-Cat-Im-Weird-And-I-Like-it1.jpg

939487163e8592e49be6955c0dc22ab7.jpg

18ed55df9c2abe790ff43359119439e7.jpg
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm too shallow and self-absorbed to notice anyone else.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i get looks all the time , i just stop caring what people think
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Only when I had the bright blue faux-hawk thing going on last year.
    But now that my hair's grown out and isn't turquoise...not so much :laugh:

Which I'm rather okay with because I can be a bit of an awkward turtle when it comes to attention :tongue:
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have to say I have faded into invisibility. When I was in shape everyone looked at me, now it's like I'm not even there. At first it made me feel bad, but since I don't really fit in with most people anyway, I think I now kind of find it comforting. I have a weird sense of humor and now no one is offended by my shirts because they don't notice them LOL. The only people who do are people who usually tell me "that's hilarious", "or great shirt". So maybe I should say I'm invisible to the sort of people I'd rather not have see me anyway :)
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    Options

yep all the time 2 big reasons :/

LOL, me, too. But now that the rest of me is big, too, not so much.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First thing I think when people complain about getting 'judgemental looks' is... clearly you're judging someone else's expression, so who really cares.

By the pictures you have up you look completely ordinary to me. I think you're probably projecting.

I don't worry enough about other people to decide what they're thinking when they look at me.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say Im a pretty average looking person. I was raised in the South and now live in the LA area so yeah, Ill admit, I might look or stare at someone that looks different than me. We all do it at times. I dont mean anything by it, sometimes Im just trying to see what the tattoo across that guys face says, or why that girl has piercings up and down her leg. The other day we were at Whole Foods and my 4 yr old got really excited when she saw a girl with pink hair, haha, I said, I know, isnt that neat? We both laughed in a "thats so cool" kinda way.

I dont judge people who look differently than me so I hope that when someone catches me staring at them they dont think I think Im better than them, because I dont. :)
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My husband and I attend a lot of Ren faires/reenactments, so it's not uncommon for either of us to get odd looks and/or outright staring when seen in our garb outside of an event. I find it rather amusing, actually. Last summer, I was in the ladies' room at a rest stop on the interstate, dressed in full pirate regalia, when a little girl (3, maybe 4 years old?) turned to her mother and said "Mommy - is that lady a princess?" The mother looked me up and down, and replied "No honey, she's just... weird." (said with a smirk)

I turned to the little girl, and told her "I'm not a princess, I'm a pirate. And your mommy? Well, she's just an old lady with no imagination who has forgotten how to play make-believe. Remember that growing up doesn't mean that you're not allowed to have any fun." I then handed her a string of beads from my belt pouch, stuck my tongue out at her mother, then strolled out. :laugh:

I hope you never talk to my kid that way. Telling a toddler their mom is just an old lady? Wow. You are soooo cool, especially when you stuck your tongue out at the woman. I guess she wasn't too off base.

Im glad Im not the only one that thought that. Yikes. (I would never call someone weird like that, but still, you dont say such things to such a young child about their mother)