I have more than 50 lbs to lose. Comment and I'll add you as a friend!

Options

Replies

• WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose about 50lbs. Looking to add friends and rebuild a motivating friends list. I'd like a friend add!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm working on my 2nd year here, I've lost about 50 so far but still have another 70 to go.

I *strongly* suggest you avoid the advice of anyone telling you your weight loss is a matter of not eating _______ (fill in the blank) becaue you want to really think about this as a process of changing your lifestyle FOR GOOD to something healthier and sustainable.

It is not realistic for me to think I'm never going to eat pizza, potato chips, pie or candy again or never ever sip a Pepsi.

It would not be realistic of me to think that weight I gained over years of neglect will go away in a year..at least not in a HEALTHY way.

It is not realistic to think I would go from sitting on the couch every day with zero physical activity to suddenly being a gym rat or running marathons.

What IS realistic is for me to begin to understand the caloric costs of those items and what amount of them I can have when I have a craving but still stay within the number of calories I have allotted.

What IS realistic is making small sustainable changes and then building on those one at a time

What IS realistic is deciding first that I would no longer have any days without ANY activity and work on slowly growing the amount I get in.

What IS realistic is realizing that if I have a "bad" day it's not the end of the world. The next day you reset and get back to the plan. Your weight loss only stops when you decide you have "failed" and quit the plan altogether.

I also suggest reading the success stories thread...you'll get motivation and see a lot of recurring themes (slow weight loss vs. fast, mindful eating vs. starvation diets, etc etc) there.

Welcome..
  • FreckledFox87
    FreckledFox87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined and brand new to mfp. I lost 50lbs with WW in 1 year and now I'm making the switch to this community :) I am at a tough plateau, and need support! Who's with me? I'm a freelance photographer, and live in Washington state and have three beautiful daughters. Feel free to add me :)
    -Ashley
  • diesel073
    diesel073 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    True or false, I wasn't really that hungry UNTIL i read your post and you mentioned pizza....true.
  • angel_twinny
    angel_twinny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi add me if you like. I'm starting again after I lost all my baby weight back in the summer....now I seem to have grown a food baby got 60lbs to lose anyone wana spur me on
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well! i have very simular goals as you.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose more than 200
  • angietes2u
    angietes2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 as well -- or maybe a little more. Trying to give up sugar...it is SO hard. Right now I have cut back on sugar. I am down 10 lbs from when I started but really struggling. Its hard to give up my diet soda and my lattes! :( Add me if you want! anyone... I need all the help I can get as well to stay motivated!
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can do this - it isn't easy but it WILL happen. I lost 60 pounds since I started at the end of July... don't get discouraged you are going to have good days and bad days just stick with it and the results will come.
  • bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Added you! We can do this!!! :)
  • Jrmanning80
    Jrmanning80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I have done this before!! But this time around I am looking to loose 98.8lbs and make it last....No more quitting to have another baby; though it would be a blessing if it happened again, my youngest is 15 months, and I have 3 older boys, 13, 12, and 9. I am starting with eliminating meat, sugar and dairy until the first 15lbs drop off, then slowly add back in lean meats and some dairy (no cheese because it is a known weakness of mine). Just mainly trying to stay away from processed foods, but I do give myself one cheat day a week, but try to stay within my calorie range but eat my workout calories.
    Good Luck!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to lose between 50-70 pounds. Anyone can add me.
  • Regina727
    Regina727 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am truly the ultimate carbohydrate queen. I absolutely love sweets and it shows!
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi, just focusing on losing 14lb then will start a new goal, 2lb down in just a few days so far! Add me if you like
  • JaclynM2015
    JaclynM2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for almost eight months now! Down 58 pounds, wanting to lose about 20 more. I'm obviously still learning things about this app because I just found all these threads of conversation! Love hearing about people finally getting to a healthier lifestyle - it's so worth it!
  • weimiemom2
    weimiemom2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 50 more too! Good Luck! :)
  • LindseyYoung1
    LindseyYoung1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's hard to not snack, but with not snacking, I lost 33 lbs in a month. So try to only eat during mealtimes (3 times a day), and if you do snack, eat fruits and veggies! Good luck :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose about 70 and I also love all those foods, plus wine, lol! Right now I'm trying to start slow and allow these things but in moderation. I'm focusing primarily on simply staying within my calorie limits, exercising 3+ days a week (even if it's just a 30 minute leisurely walk), and limiting drinking to weekends. Feel free to add me!
  • KrystalGalloway
    KrystalGalloway Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have over 150 to lose .. and everyone can add me I'm always looking for new friends
  • wardshelia63
    wardshelia63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over 100 lbs. Yes add me to too I need all the support I can get too. We can help each other. I can understand the headaches from not having soda but I promise they do go away. I was drinking at least 2 44oz dr. peppers a day. I have been off of soda now since November and I have to admit did cheat once with Diet Dr. pepper felt so guilty that I have not had one since. LOL