Did you gain weight over Christmas / New Years?

Replies

• healthybearey
    healthybearey Posts: 140 Member
    5LB!! :(
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    My goal between thanksgiving and New Years was to "maintain not gain", and although my weight fluctuated up and down by as much as 5 lbs through the holidays, when I weighed in on January 4th, the net was actually that I had LOST 1.8 lbs. So yay me!
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    One pound up. My husband managed to lose a pound (of course ;) ). Considering how crazy our holiday was, I'm pleased with it. We'd intended to stay with a relative and cook most meals, but wound up needing to stay in a hotel and eat restaurant food the whole time, so I think I did pretty well.
  • I weighed this morning and 3lbs...I was overjoyed as I literally thought it would be close to 5/6...I ate what I wanted and didn't get to the gym so 3lbs is a godsend!
    Back to normal this week!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    About 8 lbs. That's about average for me over the holidays even when I was thin so I'm not too worried about it.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 335 Member
    kazminchu wrote: »
    If anybody needs to make themselves feel better - I gained almost 13lbs.
    Go hard or go home.

Me too! Yay us!
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    I was away for Christmas and New Years so I couldn't weight myself on my scale.

When I finally got home I stepped on the scale...no change.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    I went from 143 up to 148.2 from Christmas Day until January 2, when I weighed in on the 3rd I was 145-so a lot of water retention, food weight etc. Weighed in today and back down to 143. I'm highly motivated to get to my Goal of 129, so I'm trying to be really careful and stick to losing these last few stubborn pounds.
  • bibif
    bibif Posts: 2 Member
    Got the guts to go on the scales since the 21st. Lost 2lbs. I was really good over Xmas week. The new year week I was terrible. Got a few good walks in tho (6miles on Xmas day!) which is my main excecise routine due to a knee injury so I'm chuffed with myself. I've got a lot to lose tho!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Not the holidays themselves...I've put on about 6-7 real Lbs since the beginning of October...I generally put on 8-10 Lbs over that period of time, so I'm ahead of the game. It happens every year but comes right off when my training ramps up in January.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    No, not actual stored fat weight. The scale bobbed up & down but as of today I am back at my lowest weight yet which occurred the week before Christmas. I consider that maintenance.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited January 2016
    I lost 4 pounds in November, gained 6 in December....Glad I was more diligent in November. I was scared to get on the scale, finally did it last night.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    I think about 2 pounds, but it has been up and down 2 pounds in both directions this week. go home body, you are drunk!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Took three weeks off. Gained 4 pounds. I have lost it all already. I ate a lot of cookies and dined out a lot. Some days I watched my calories, but I was extremely busy too.. It was worth it!
  • tjdupont04
    tjdupont04 Posts: 1 Member
    Over the holidays, I gained 2Lbs since November. I can feel those 2Lbs and it is heavy.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    I think I gained about a lb maybe two
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I gained several pounds. Delicious, delicious pounds.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    10 lb gain in 3 weeks but I've lost 5.5lbs of water weight over the last 6 days now that I'm back on track. We went out to eat three times, had a very indulgent christmas dinner and went on a crazy christmas cookie and cake baking spree ( OK, I gave most of it away as presents but still ate my fair share, quality control you know. :wink:) I enjoyed every bite but it feels good to rein back on the indulgences and see the scales drop.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited January 2016
    I lost weight, but I also had a really bad stomach bug and couldn't keep anything down for a day and could barely eat for a week. So I would normally have had a small water weight bump, but come out the other side unharmed.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Since Thanksgiving (November 26), I have lost 4.4 pounds. I ate a lot over the holidays, but I started weigh lifting again at the end of October, am walking & hiking for longer stretches of time, and am doing more vigorous yoga.