Did you gain weight over Christmas / New Years?

Options

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any but I fell out of my good logging/eating habits
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm up 0.8 lb. My goal over the holidays was maintenance, so I'll take it!
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    12lbs for me but 8 gone now - not sure how much of that is hard work and how much is water weight though :blush:
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    10lbs. Pizza and wine and ham, oh my! No regrets. I'm glad I made the memories I did and it isn't like I haven't lost 10 or 100lbs before. Already back on routine. ;)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs between Nov. 20 and today. So I stayed in target and actually did a little better. I credit much trudging through snow.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I maintained pretty much the whole December month (not intentionally), but this week my weight had dropped another ~1kg or so. Perhaps that loss was masking itself as maintenance during the past month.

Anyway, I was happy about not having to worry if I gain over Christmas. Past Christmases I had never stepped on the scale regularly, so I would always every year feel super duper guilty if I happened to indulge on any little treats over the holidays.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Nope. It was my plan to lose weight over the holidays by having only a few treats, and I accomplished that.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Zero exercise. As sedentary as a slug. Ate everything I wanted, just not as much as I wanted. Weighed, counted, logged.

Weight:

12/21/15: 206.8
    12/28/15: 206.6
    01/04/16: 203.4

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I did gain weight - about 6 pounds. My son was home from college for the first time since he left and put in orders for all of his favorite home cooked meals. They happen to be my favorites too. I didn't log and just enjoyed my time with my family. 6 pounds is not terrible and I'll get that off in no time.
  • rs050711
    rs050711 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went to town for about three weeks. I stopped logging/weighing and went off the rails about mid December, then went REALLY off the rails from Christmas to New Years. I weighed in yesterday and the damage is........ 5.5 pounds. I was expecting worse! Already a pound is gone. :)

Back to it!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    As of this morning I was only 1.5 pounds heavier than 2 months ago. And I ate a LOT of extra calories for pretty much 1.5 month. I was honestly expecting to be 4 pounds heavier at this point.

I'm not complaining. It's just odd.
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I made it my goal not to touch the scales during the 2 week holidays. I ate crap and drank alcohol and then I weighed in on Wednesday and had put on 400gms (I thought it would be more). And I was hoping to have it gone by next Wednesday's weigh in but haven't been able to workout properly as I got hammered at PT on Monday and I have been stiff as a board
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    I gained about 6 pounds--no logging, eating and drinking with little thought to the calories. Now I am back on track and have lost 4 of those pounds. Back to reality...
  • shylady76
    shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I gained 14 pounds. That's holiday eating and nor being able to walk because of an injury to my knee. I have been able to get 5 pounds off again with logging everything I eat.
  • Ili_g
    Ili_g Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :D 5lbs...No more tamales lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh I gained alright. I was already in a surplus trying to gain weight/muscle...and then I just ate with no regard. It's put my weekly average gain up above where I want. Dislike. I'm taking a maintenance week for sanity.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I was 138 before Christmas and shot up to 157 after gorging myself on New Years Day.

I'm 143 as of this morning and am experiencing period bloating. Ehh, I'm not worried.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I actually lost almost 2 lbs on my holiday vacation. I had been at a standstill since mid November!

I'm like you my scale didn't budge for 2 months and I lost 2 pounds over the holidays. I decided not to obsess over things and magic!! Lol
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    of course! don't know how much though. but about 3 days after I got back to normal eating all the bloat went away and when I stepped on scales on Wednesday this week I was only 200grams over my pre-xmas weigh-in.
  • CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    no. i had the sleeve op on dec. 8. the joy of holiday indulgence was definitely out of the cards for me.