Did you gain weight over Christmas / New Years?

Options

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I went into December knowing that I was going to eat whatever I wanted and not get to lift the heavy weights over the holiday (2 wks). We had a baked goods table at school for the 2 wks before the break, as well as food and candy gifts from friends and family. I ate more than usual, but still tried to workout daily (mostly cardio). I did gain a bit, but not more than a few lbs. I can still get all of my pants on, even if they are a little tighter. I'm trying to cut back a bit on the sweets now.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    nope. ate at deficit days before and after. ate maintenance calories on the holidays.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Its my second Christmas on mfp, and my first one whilst maintaining.

Last year I stayed within my calories, but felt I was missing out.

This year I decided that if this is going to be a lifestyle change then I need to be able to enjoy the holiday season.
    I gave myself permission to not think about calories at parties or group meals, but I was very careful for the days/meals in between.

I gained 3 lbs. and had a blast !!
    I'm so glad I allowed myself to have a break.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.5 lbs (after being stalled for 3 months) go figure, thats all a fluke and probably only because we were so busy we ended up eating very light by accident. My hubby lost almost 3 lbs over the 2 weeks but a little more purposely, he was in a 'who can gain the least" contest at work, he won!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    At one point I was 5 lbs heavier than US Thanksgiving day. Now that I have lost all the water I was retaining from salt and carb overload, I weigh .2 pounds more than Thanksgiving morning. I worked my indulgences off by attending the gym 6 days a week during the season.
  • ArmstrongSabrina
    ArmstrongSabrina Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yup! 6 lbs. No exercise and nothing but fatty foods. I'm Mexican and my bf is black and our families make THE most fattening delicious foods as you can imagine. Hard to diet when there is Sunday dinners every week and they make a feast every time. Every week is a holiday
  • Coley88
    Coley88 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goal between thanksgiving and New Years was to "maintain not gain", and although my weight fluctuated up and down by as much as 5 lbs through the holidays, when I weighed in on January 4th, the net was actually that I had LOST 1.8 lbs. So yay me!

Pretty much the same here, same goal, just didn't wanted to main and not gain during that time frame and I was going to be happy, after all was said in done, when I weighed yesterday I was down 3lbs from right before Thanksgiving.
  • redshadow310
    redshadow310 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal wasn't to maintain or lose weight, but to enjoy myself and track honestly. Of course thanks to Christmas food poisoning I lost 7 pounds, only gained 2 of that back once I was over it.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Maybe 10 - 15 pounds from Thanksgiving -> New Years day. I can probably lose it all again by the end of March or early April. I chose to eat a lot (mostly calorie dense foods), attempted to listen to my body, decided to have fun again not restricting calories, and may have slightly slipped back into those bad habits. I'm young, I can take it off again.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    From 11/25 to 12/31 I lost 18.9 pounds. :)
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yup 7 lbs. I sadly had pretty much 17 days straight that I ate and drank waaaaaay to much and did no exercising. Started my eating right again Monday the 4th and have lost 3 of those 7 lbs so far. YAY! 17 more to go till my goal. Makes me mad I could have been a lot closer had I not binged those days. At the same time I do not have to many regrets it's was a great couple of weeks, and a yummy one at that ;)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    DH & I celebrate both our birthdays, Christmas, New Years & our anniversary in a 3 wk span. The last week of the year had no restraint. Was at YTD lows on thanksgiving & Xmas days, ironically, but fluctuated wildly in between. Back to normal routine, the scale is reading a pound lighter each day and I'm still waiting to see where it settles out. 2 lb over my low & in the middle of my maintenance range, so I'm just maintaining for a while.

I feel really, really bad for those who had stomach bugs. Bummer.
  • Ruthhormachea
    Ruthhormachea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5lbs here it's hard to get it off but so darn easy to gain it's crazy!!
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I gained 7lbs!! But I started back on my diet on Monday and already lost 4 pounds!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Ili_g wrote: »
    :D 5lbs...No more tamales lol

Same. Also taking a break from tamales ;)
  • NinjaChinchillaNZ
    NinjaChinchillaNZ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't feel quite so bad after reading some of your comments, although I still haven't got on the scale. Planning to weigh on Monday when the routine returns to normal. All my pants still fit albeit a bit tighter and I definitely look and feel flabbier. What are tamales? A few people haven't mentioned those in this thread.
  • longlostyeti
    longlostyeti Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    only water weight..
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    No, not actual stored fat weight. The scale bobbed up & down but as of today I am back at my lowest weight yet which occurred the week before Christmas. I consider that maintenance.

Same. Lowest weight was Christmas Day. I'm now 0.2 lbs above that on the scale, but my trend weight is exactly the same since Dec 25. Despite that, I saw the scale vary by up to 4 lbs on my daily weigh-ins (I didn't go way too far overboard on eating/drinking over the holidays, but I did go really easy on myself, and am only now fully back on track with calories). My trend weight has actually gone down 3 lbs since December 1, which really makes me happy.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.75kg over the festive season.
  • sc0rpi0gal
    sc0rpi0gal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Quaters wrote: »
    Hey we are along time dead, life is for living as long as we can stop over indulging, i finally popped on the scale 2kgs ,back on track this week healthy eating more exercise we can do it you will be fine, lots of luck

Me too. And I'm 100g off losing it again!