Did you gain weight over Christmas / New Years?

Options
I go back to work on Monday and back to my normal routine. Been off MFP for 3 weeks, have way overdone it on the junk food and feeling like a bloated slug. I haven't worked up the courage to get on the scale yet and see what the damage is! Anyone else nursing a Christmas / New Years diet hangover?

Replies

• chriss0787
    chriss0787 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5lbs lol so terrible but I can't not pig out on the holidays it just wouldn't be the holidays. :#
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I actually lost almost 2 lbs on my holiday vacation. I had been at a standstill since mid November!
  • NinjaChinchillaNZ
    NinjaChinchillaNZ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I actually lost almost 2 lbs on my holiday vacation. I had been at a standstill since mid November!

Well done! I look like I'm 6 months pregnant with a food baby.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    3lbs. Damage is actually a lot better than expected as I ate really bad... but really bad for me I guess is normal to others so yeah maybe that's why not higher. .. Most of it is alcohol I'm pretty sure!
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »

Well done! I look like I'm 6 months pregnant with a food baby.

I lost initially and then it went back to my usual weight...really odd lol
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If anybody needs to make themselves feel better - I gained almost 13lbs.
    Go hard or go home.
  • XXMISFITGIRLXX
    XXMISFITGIRLXX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10 lbs, eating on the go is what did it, not the holiday meals...and no exercise.
  • XXMISFITGIRLXX
    XXMISFITGIRLXX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    kazminchu wrote: »
    Go hard or go home.

10 lbs here!
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Go hard or go home.

10 lbs here!

Woo!
    I'm hoping some of mine will be water weight, or something else I can use as an excuse. As long as it comes off in the next few weeks I'll be alright. :)
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey we are along time dead, life is for living as long as we can stop over indulging, i finally popped on the scale 2kgs ,back on track this week healthy eating more exercise we can do it you will be fine, lots of luck
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Go hard or go home.

12 lbs, i said the exact same thing: go big or go home, lololololol. Working it off now.
  • reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 pounds. Bit annoyed at myself but I was expecting worse. I suspect walking heaps (average 20,000 steps a day) on a week trip meant I burned most of the pastries, cakes, fast food I ate.
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options

we all enjoyed our christmas indulgence, time now to get back to the healthy plan
    ]
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    My scale went up 3 lbs but it was just water retention and returned to normal (135.8) within 2 days .

I'm all about enjoying myself on a holiday or special occasion but that doesn't mean the entire month is a holiday !
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Real weight? no. The scale went up on the 26th, but was back to normal before the new year.
  • AmyJo527
    AmyJo527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs between the stress of finals and eating horribly over the holiday. Been back on track for a week now, and down 2.5 lbs. It happens, everyone goes overboard around the holidays.
  • jotough
    jotough Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    8lb in 3 weeks and I don't think any is water! I jiggle again running!!! : ( Still a new year and back in the zone!!! ; )
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I only ate bad on Christmas Day and then we went to a super fancy restaurant on the 27th for dinner and I splurged a little. I weighed in on Mon the 28th at +5 and was shocked..but by Saturday, that 5 was off and 2 more. Sodium gets me every time ;)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    10 lbs!! :s
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had a scary weight for a while but I'm back to only 1.5 pound gained since October, and I'm really happy about it, considering how much I ate!