Day 1/365

Options

Replies

• bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you posting, stacy. Hope Jess is doing okay. Hope your mom's surgery goes well. Take it easy on your knee!
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thank you bdgfn, not sure where Jess has been. Hoping everything is ok with her. I am way over calories today but sometimes you have to stress eat or explode. Lol. Sigh oh well tomorrow is a new day right?
  • musichales
    musichales Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is an amazing self challenge and I'm glad to see you're keeping up with it!! #TeamJess
  • jess_donoghue
    jess_donoghue Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What day is it?????
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    OMG! Day 24/365- is that correct??
    Stacey I am soooo sorry! I have a million excuses but none are valid... I'm still here I promise. I am logging my food everyday, and always in the back of my mind is the thought to come on here but I've been saying "I'll do it later. I don't have time right now!" I need to take the time, for me and for you!!!
    Eating wise I am good, even though my stress is through the roof!!! Work has been a nightmare, but I see a light at the end of this scary, dark tunnel!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    I'm going to post every couple of paragraphs so I don't lose all my hard work here lol....
    I weighed myself yesterday and am down 2 more lbs, but my official weigh in isn't until next Tuesday so it doesn't count YET!
    How was your mom's surgery?? How is the knee?? How are you????
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    I just lost my last post!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhjjjjhjhhhhhh'
    I'll be back later... Have to go to work!
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Welcome back, now no excuses, even just a smiley face will do.
  • bdgfn
    Options
    Glad to see you checked in Jess, and Stacy, we all have our stressful days so yes, we just put those days behind us and go on!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    @jess_donoghue when you log your food, make it a point to come here and check in. Maybe in conjunction with finishing up your daily log? Like stacy said, even if it's just a smiley face, at least we'll know you've been here. And if you can smiley face, say hi! ;)
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    And the official diagnosis is......(drum roll please) a subluxated patella and marrow bruise of the left knee. Which for those inquiring minds means that I partially dislocated the knee cap and came as close to breaking my leg as you can get without actually fracturing it. Lol. Physical therapy for a month and then we go from there.
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    ❤️
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Thanks guys
    Day 25/365- not much to report today. Insane at work.... Beer store Super Bowl weekend = chaos! I love it though!
    I'll be back....
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    The wife showed up an hour ago to spend the weekend with mom and I, with bags of chips and cookies and dips. Lord help.....
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Why is it so hard to stick to an eating plan when my wife is here? I love her but this weekend is a total bust.
  • stacyhaddenham
    Options
    Not to bad today after all. Thought super bowl would do me in, but managed to keep it under control.
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Ok! Diagnosis done so at least you know what you're dealing with.... The drum roll did keep me in suspense lol!!
    ..... Day whatever/365 lmao!!! I'll recount my days tomorrow. Crazy week-end then back to normal today, although I had to pick my daughter up from school as she had a migraine... Of all the things I could pass onto her she gets the worst one. Speaking of migraines though, and this is huge, I haven't had one in a week now. I was up to 2-3 a week and the meds we're making me feel horrible. I decided to get both of my daith's pierced. It's the tiny bit of cartilage that scoops down just above the canal opening. It's a pressure point for acupuncture for migraines and I'm amazed at how I'm feeling! I should have done this years ago.... I was taking up to 10 Advil a day, plus a triptosan to ease the pre-symptoms. In the last week I've had 2 advils and they were PMS related (sorry gentlemen readers).
    I'm hoping it's not a placebo effect, although if it lasts who cares right!!!
    So, Stac! Here's to your healing and to me being mostly pain free! Cheers!!!
    And ... WE GOT THIS!!!
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Oh, also!!!! My eating has been ok, and if I eat like I did today I will be 204lbs in 5 weeks! Hmmmmmm! Not entirely sure it was the healthiest of days, so I may have to re-evaluate.... Meeting a dear friend for lunch tomorrow and then off skiing for the last time this winter (at least with the school anyway). A well deserved day off, at least I have to say that or you'll think I'm a slacker at work! Lol.
    I'll be back....
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    93ne48l6t9fw.png
  • jess_donoghue
    Options
    Sorry, I just discovered a new thing I can do on here...
    I may post some motivation shots on here as long as it doesn't offend.... My *kitten* may not fit on the screen yet, but it will!!!!