Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Finally the end of my heavy work. 90%, 85kg for paused doubles. Four days out.

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Massive pr on pin press today. Previous PR with a 4" range of motion was 90kg for two. Got 102.5kg/225lbs for a triple today.

Loved rack lockouts. 3 months out of the year we would do lockouts, 3 times a week twice your max for reps. Each week we would drop the pin down one hole. Eventually we would be pressing from chest.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/tim.garmany.1/videos/vb.1642819229/10202780539708241/?type=2&

Year ago 315 lb incline a year and a half after rotator cuff surgery. I've since done 340. Flat is at 385. Hoping for 405 in the next few months.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    531 Cycle 3 wk 2. Top set: 330. Got 10. 2 sets. First set of 10 my camera fell over. So I did it again. Faster too. Ground is not level. So it kinda throws me off.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 - you should see an improvement from using pin press. Even a long pause bench still leaves you a good amount of stretch reflex to help get the bar back up. Pin press completely removes that and forces you to use raw strength.

@Willbenchforcupcakes that's what I heard. I have a guy here at work that used to be a power lifter back in the day and was giving me some advice. Since I was going back to 5x5 I started fairly light so I'm only up to around 170 on it right now. It'd be great if I could get to 200 5x5 with this. I would hope that might get my conventional bench up over 250???
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I competed in my first weightlifting meet this past weekend so I thought i'd share. While not even close to my PR snatch and certainly not my finest looking lifts I was still happy to go 5/6 in my first meet. Last snatch shown at 62kg(136.4lbs) last clean and jerk shown at 78kg (171.6lbs)

Check you out! :love:
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I competed in my first weightlifting meet this past weekend so I thought i'd share. While not even close to my PR snatch and certainly not my finest looking lifts I was still happy to go 5/6 in my first meet. Last snatch shown at 62kg(136.4lbs) last clean and jerk shown at 78kg (171.6lbs)

Check you out! :love:

:):):) I can't wait for the next one to take some gutsier attempts.
  • FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A new 5RM deadlift PR - 185kg (407lbs). They were a bit too heavy (RPE 9-9.5) and I did have to go tap and go. I usually do dead stop pulls. Still a PR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO5ZFCtiNDY
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just a fun and challenging accessory I tried out yesterday. Annihilated my Triceps... 4x8x75 + Light Band

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @LolBroScience are those the T Rex DB push ups?

I can't see on my work computer- saw them on the gram- looked like funnnnnnn. :smile:
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I can't see on my work computer- saw them on the gram- looked like funnnnnnn. :smile:

Yes, we coined them the T-Rex Press because you look like a T-Rex when trying to pick up the dumbbells and get them into position.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Yes, we coined them the T-Rex Press because you look like a T-Rex when trying to pick up the dumbbells and get them into position.

We do periodic band work. That one makes me think I'd lose my attention for a split second and wear a dumb bell in my teeth :smile:
  • LolBroScience
    Options

We do periodic band work. That one makes me think I'd lose my attention for a split second and wear a dumb bell in my teeth :smile:

Yes, definitely have to be mindful of the band position. It slipped off my training partner at her elbow and i had to pull it back down mid lift, lol.
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    From a 22 day challenge I didn't finish - but I completed all from this day.
    https://youtu.be/RH5UU5_FAyM
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Bench and OHP from the other day

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

it totally made sense to me LOL
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    It's not a video. It's not my heaviest squat. It is, however, my highest volume of squats, and I'm maybe a little bit proud of it. The hubby was crazy enough to do it with me. That's love..

lh0yhi2y8eve.jpg
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Pretty proud of myself today. 10kg improvement in my platform performance. 92.5kg/203.5lb proven on an IPF international platform. With plenty more in the tank to come. It might have been an NAPF record for all of a minute, but I'll take it!