Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options
We work hard to develop our lifts. We seek critiques, and we study online to learn more -- to get stronger and more efficient on our lifts. We follow other great lifters on IG or YouTube and analyze their video. In the scheme of things, we realize what we do in the weight room doesn't change the world, but it does change us.

Show your best lifts, because on no other website will any one else give a care, and certainly not your friends on Facebook.

Let's talk shop.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    none of my best lifts were video taped. i only have lousy lifts videos
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. Um, pass, I guess *confused*
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    in for snatch videos...(it's an impressive lift)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Last winter, when things were clicking for me with the bench -

What happened to your bench since then?
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    This was my best dead weight (200lbs). Low for a lot of folks, but I was happy!

I did x3, but only recorded 1.

https://youtu.be/37A1btGZqGQ

You broke the 4th Wall! Nice lift. Garage basement? I like the homemade squat rack in the background.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Mostly race season. Didn't lift much last summer/fall while I was racing, and have been slow getting back into lifting this off season (for a variety of reasons).

Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    315lbs

325lbs

Wish I had video of some of my heavy singles.

Your squat looks good. Reason for the trap bar over barbell deadlifts?
    Options

Mostly race season. Didn't lift much last summer/fall while I was racing, and have been slow getting back into lifting this off season (for a variety of reasons).
    Oh that's right. I've read that elsewhere on the boards on the racing you are into.

My bench is sucky right now too - but that's because I'm working through some shoulder tendentious.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

You broke the 4th Wall! Nice lift. Garage basement? I like the homemade squat rack in the background.

Yep, I built a squat/bench rack, and made the deadlift risers out of plywood. All my weights are kijiji special, so they're max 25lbs. Takes forever to load/unload them, but they were cheap!
  • Grosen17
    Grosen17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, nice to see some enthusiasm when it comes to lifting :)
    Keep it up!!!
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    315lbs

325lbs

No real reason for trap over barbell...that was just what I had done that day. Right now I'm doing 5/3/1 BBB and when I do my 5x10 sets I use the trap bar instead of the regular just because I don't tear up my shins as bad. I like the variety. I'm doing my heavy deads tomorrow so maybe I'll go ahead and record it. Shooting for 330x7...or maybe I'll just try and work up to a 1RM instead.
    Options

Yep, I built a squat/bench rack, and made the deadlift risers out of plywood. All my weights are kijiji special, so they're max 25lbs. Takes forever to load/unload them, but they were cheap!
    I dig it. I have a gym in my garage that while its -40 below I am not using. Can't wait for the weather to warm up. This summer I plan to build strongman equipment and I have a prowler that I am building.
    315lbs

325lbs

No real reason for trap over barbell...that was just what I had done that day. Right now I'm doing 5/3/1 BBB and when I do my 5x10 sets I use the trap bar instead of the regular just because I don't tear up my shins as bad. I like the variety. I'm doing my heavy deads tomorrow so maybe I'll go ahead and record it. Shooting for 330x7...or maybe I'll just try and work up to a 1RM instead.

Ah, that makes sense. I am running 531 with BBB (12 week challenge) currently now, or will after my last meet in February when I can finally finish the last training block. Using the trap bar is a good idea, my next block of 5x10 deadlifts has me volume sets of 330 lbs. Might have to try the trap bar.

Good luck on the volume set tomorrow!

Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Not the prettiest I've done, but my favorite.
    https://youtu.be/nna2Rpj_lA4

Not pretty? I love how easy you make that look.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Not the prettiest I've done, but my favorite.
    https://youtu.be/nna2Rpj_lA4

Not pretty? I love how easy you make that look.

PSH! Only the lock out. My 4th attempt got stuck just below the knees.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just some light technique work from yesterday, snatches from the hang.