Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Here's my top two lifts from this morning. 365 went up fairly easy, 405 was a little harder. First time I've actually recorded a 4 plate DL. Went for a new PR at 420, but didn't even break it off the ground. Pretty proud of still getting 405 even though I've been in a calorie deficit for awhile now. Another day maybe.

365#
    405#
  • McCloud33
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Bit of context: just over a year ago had a mishap(!) at work that twisted up my SI Joint damaged some ligaments and messed up the grip in my right hand. Basically left me unable to lift my 8kg daughter, no longer able to air squat, etc. I was a bit of a mess.

Just about 12 months post-accident (about 7 weeks ago) I pulled the following 155kg conventional (~340ish lb?):

I won't lie, it was a bit of a grinder!

I also front squatted 102.5kg (I guess ~225lb?):

Two pretty ugly lifts from someone who's normally a bit of a form-nazi, but as a comeback @70kg bodyweight after a pretty brutal injury - I'm super happy. I finished out 2015 where I wanted to be and made a good base to build on in 2016.

Just wanted to say if you get yourself pretty banged up - don't give up! There's always a road to travel to get better, even if it's long and (sometimes) frustrating...

Darn impressive! And you don't look like you're only 70k! Congrats on getting back after injury.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lol I just looked at all my videos and there's something wrong with every one. Someday I will contribute.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    @arditarose it doesn't have to be perfect. We all have our share of ugly lifts!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    K...then I'll share my two highest weights so far. 215 DLs and 200 squat. Squat is gnarly and not low enough but it's the first time I felt 200 on my back. DL is okay but nothing to write home about

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    K...then I'll share my two highest weights so far. 215 DLs and 200 squat. Squat is gnarly and not low enough but it's the first time I felt 200 on my back. DL is okay but nothing to write home about

Looks good. That DL's snappy!
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Bit of context: just over a year ago had a mishap(!) at work that twisted up my SI Joint damaged some ligaments and messed up the grip in my right hand. Basically left me unable to lift my 8kg daughter, no longer able to air squat, etc. I was a bit of a mess.

Just about 12 months post-accident (about 7 weeks ago) I pulled the following 155kg conventional (~340ish lb?):

I won't lie, it was a bit of a grinder!

I also front squatted 102.5kg (I guess ~225lb?):

Two pretty ugly lifts from someone who's normally a bit of a form-nazi, but as a comeback @70kg bodyweight after a pretty brutal injury - I'm super happy. I finished out 2015 where I wanted to be and made a good base to build on in 2016.

Just wanted to say if you get yourself pretty banged up - don't give up! There's always a road to travel to get better, even if it's long and (sometimes) frustrating...

Darn impressive! And you don't look like you're only 70k! Congrats on getting back after injury.

Thanks man! I'm a manlet (5'6", 5'7" on a good day!) so it's a trick of the light! Prior to injury I was 63kg. I'm aiming to see what I can achieve at around 74kg

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Excellent you are better. I am dealing with SI issues too lately, although not to that extent. I'm having to entirely revamp my squat at the moment.

Pulling in Adi's too huh?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Recent deads

• jimmmer
    Options

Excellent you are better. I am dealing with SI issues too lately, although not to that extent. I'm having to entirely revamp my squat at the moment.

Lol! Guess it's kinda of a deficit?

I started doing it 'cause I was too lazy to switch from chucks to adi's from my main lift to my main accessory. Now, it's kinda the way I do it. I am going to switch back to chucks for a few cycles to get some variety, I'll just have to get over being lazy...

I was previously a lowbar, wide stance squatter. I rebuilt mine as high-bar narrow stance on the road back. I've decided I prefer it and have no plans to switch back (like I thought I originally would once I was better).

I found the problem with the SI is the lack of blood flow makes healing slow and difficult. I basically did a bunch of glute work (the stuff I could tolerate) to stabilise it to start with. Once I'd managed that, it started healing. I had to do a bunch of release work on my psoas and QL on the side that really got it badly - they kept wanting to tighten up and pull my SI joint out of true again.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Looking through my old videos just made me sad. I've been having hip and IT band issues. They haven't shut me down and training continues but things feel harder and more difficult than they did a couple of months ago.

The squat video is from November and is 240. It's a bit slow but it's a max. BW approx. 128.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp3FzWLSrA

Deadlift is from a while ago. Top set at 315. Best comp deadlift 145kg (320lbs) at 57kg bw. I don't get a ton of comp videos anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlmliyvnjK4
  • LolBroScience
    Options

I started doing it 'cause I was too lazy to switch from chucks to adi's from my main lift to my main accessory. Now, it's kinda the way I do it. I am going to switch back to chucks for a few cycles to get some variety, I'll just have to get over being lazy...

I was previously a lowbar, wide stance squatter. I rebuilt mine as high-bar narrow stance on the road back. I've decided I prefer it and have no plans to switch back (like I thought I originally would once I was better).

I found the problem with the SI is the lack of blood flow makes healing slow and difficult. I basically did a bunch of glute work (the stuff I could tolerate) to stabilise it to start with. Once I'd managed that, it started healing. I had to do a bunch of release work on my psoas and QL on the side that really got it badly - they kept wanting to tighten up and pull my SI joint out of true again.

That is what I am doing!

I was having issues pinpointing what the problem could be. I kept having a twisted feeling through my upper left back down to the lower right side. It was causing me to Squat crooked, which I think is what caused my initial injusry. I saw that tight QL can be one of the causes, soI started releasing it with lacrosse ball. I've also added in 15 minutes of stretching and mobility every morning upon waking (on top of normal warmups and mobility work pre/post workout).

I added in more direct glute work via pull-throughs, hip thrusts, and reverse hypers to help stabilize and strengthen that area; then some additional work like side bends since I never work that type of movement or plane of motion.
  • jimmmer
    Options

That is what I am doing!

I was having issues pinpointing what the problem could be. I kept having a twisted feeling through my upper left back down to the lower right side. It was causing me to Squat crooked, which I think is what caused my initial injusry. I saw that tight QL can be one of the causes, soI started releasing it with lacrosse ball. I've also added in 15 minutes of stretching and mobility every morning upon waking (on top of normal warmups and mobility work pre/post workout).

I added in more direct glute work via pull-throughs, hip thrusts, and reverse hypers to help stabilize and strengthen that area; then some additional work like side bends since I never work that type of movement or plane of motion.

Ha! Great minds think alike!

Great spot, in case you haven't found it yet, is to dig around the triangle near your floating rib and beside your spine. It's a spot that's wired in to the erector and the QL somehow. If it's a problem it'll be knotted up and working it will be felt around your iliac crest/SI Joint. You can also dig into a few spots from the side between the bottom of the ribcage and the hip. Finally don't forget to work the glutes and the piriformis with the ball.

Another trick is to release the muscle you're working on, then immediately follow it with a mellow stretch for that muscle, followed by some heat (for the record I used a hot water bottle - hey, I'm old!). This'll get things healing more quickly in my experience.

Good luck!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Not the prettiest I've done, but my favorite.
    https://youtu.be/nna2Rpj_lA4

If that was in IF ID...I used to live there.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

@piperdown44 It was in Idaho Falls. I live in Boise. It was the WPC/AWPC World Cup at the Hilton Garden Inn by the river in the fall of 2014.
  • piperdown44
    Options

@piperdown44 It was in Idaho Falls. I live in Boise. It was the WPC/AWPC World Cup at the Hilton Garden Inn by the river in the fall of 2014.

Ah, grew up around Twin Falls. Family there and in Boise. Lived in IF for 2 years when I worked for the INL.
    Miss ID something fierce!! But no jobs in my line of work. :(

• piperdown44
    Options
    Here's an OHP from Nov

https://youtu.be/ETm8uFxZ0qc

Bench from last week (had to be saved on last rep)

https://youtu.be/eH8j5V8ISA4

Best dead to date in June '15 (had to recover from neck issues)

https://youtu.be/vzlc7KcIsl4
  • LolBroScience
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Found this one too: 545 Block Pull off 6"

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Here's me with a big 501 deadlift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PYiZUyLuw

And it's a good lift for me!

:p
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Here's me with a big 501 deadlift.

And it's a good lift for me!

:p

You shoulda yelled at the chick with the glasses........she wasn't even paying attention to you!!!! :trollface:
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm just going to link to my most recent and best meet video (don't worry, I only show my third attempt for each of my lifts so it isn't super long). That isn't actually my best bench or deadlift, but the only ones that count are in a meet so these are all meet lifts. :P

TL;DW: My best meet lifts are: squat 281lbs / 127.5kg, bench 126.7lbs / 57.5kgs, deadlift 347.1lbs / 157.5kgs at 147.6 / 67.0kgs bodyweight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpbAg1lm2ug