Options

Replies

• DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    :(

I have "squats" after work.

I squatted 350 lbs yesterday so I'm just over a 1/3 of the way to squatting like Ray Williams! Although, he does have an extra 170 lbs on me...

You weigh 230 lbs?

Actually, I'm only around 210. I think I found his weight on some old results when he was smaller.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Did anybody else tune in to watch Ray Williams squat 1,005 lbs last night at USAPL Raw Nationals? American record and unofficial world record. That whole meet was inspiring to be honest.

I sent the video of some girl squatting 547 or whatever- I was effing floored.

Those women make me feel so tiny and little. And equally so hungry for more- I need more. 315 is the immediate goal right now- but god damn- it will not be enough- sites are set higher than 4 plates. Why not.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    :(

I have "squats" after work.

I squatted 350 lbs yesterday so I'm just over a 1/3 of the way to squatting like Ray Williams! Although, he does have an extra 170 lbs on me...

You weigh 230 lbs?

Actually, I'm only around 210. I think I found his weight on some old results when he was smaller.

I think he weighed in around 394. He's actually lost weight since his last meet (a good bit actually). I know I could be a lot stronger at 394 lbs, but this dude's Wilks Score is almost 600! There were SEVERAL lifters with Wilks in the mid to high 500s this weekend. It's so inspiring.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Did anybody else tune in to watch Ray Williams squat 1,005 lbs last night at USAPL Raw Nationals? American record and unofficial world record. That whole meet was inspiring to be honest.

Those women make me feel so tiny and little. And equally so hungry for more- I need more. 315 is the immediate goal right now- but god damn- it will not be enough- sites are set higher than 4 plates. Why not.

You ain't lying. My ONLY two goals for the coming year are to make Raw Natties 2017 and record a Wilks over 400+ in USAPL. Gonna be a good year! GAINZZ FOR ALLLLLL!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    All this talk reminded me I haven't updated my Wilks since I hit my 300 lb dead. Up to 295 from 288! YES! 300 right around the corner!
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options

A 4 plate squat is a great goal! I've been chasing a 5 plate squat for a while and I'm still hoping to hit that by December.

You ain't lying. My ONLY two goals for the coming year are to make Raw Natties 2017 and record a Wilks over 400+ in USAPL. Gonna be a good year! GAINZZ FOR ALLLLLL!!

I'd love to compete there too! It won't be next year, but someday hopefully. I'll see how my RPS meet goes in January and then start looking for a local USAPL meet to see how much more I need to work to qualify. Or I can just wait until I'm a Masters lifter and not have to worry about a qualifying total to get into Raw Nationals!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Just starting cycle 3 of 531. Deads today. Top set was 315. All my sets feel extremely light. It was hard to resist throwing on 5plates after watching Raw Natty's all weekend. But I'm taking my time and slowly building the weights.

I think I counted 13. Call me superstitious but I can't stop at 13........

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Just starting cycle 3 of 531. Deads today. Top set was 315. All my sets feel extremely light. It was hard to resist throwing on 5plates after watching Raw Natty's all weekend. But I'm taking my time and slowly building the weights.

I think I counted 13. Call me superstitious but I can't stop at 13........

I like to live dangerously.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Man I'm salty you're benching what I can barely squat.t/

Ah thanks @JoRocka. Of course I've been benching since I was 17, some 28 years
  • JoRocka
    Options

A 4 plate squat is a great goal! I've been chasing a 5 plate squat for a while and I'm still hoping to hit that by December.

3 plates first.
    Then 4 plates. LOL
    I'm sitting at a shallow 275 squat currently. So 3 plates is the next goal- but I've expanded my goals to a 4 plate squat. I see no reason not to.
    Man I'm salty you're benching what I can barely squat.t/

Ah thanks @JoRocka. Of course I've been benching since I was 17, some 28 years

LOL- I wish length of time translated into a bigger bench- to some extent it definitely does- but bah- this damn Vaga*na- always holding me back. :(

(I just did the math- I've been lifting for almost 15 years- I started in high school I guess- nothing crazy- but we definitely were lifting- can't wait till I can say I've been lifting for 2 decades!!!)
  • FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Some dreads from this morning. 180kg (396lbs) x 5. They've been coming along lately, doing a set of 5 everyday for 5 days straight attempting for RPE 8-9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCS0jwFZg_E
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    FSLSBSmfp wrote: »
    Some dreads from this morning. 180kg (396lbs) x 5. They've been coming along lately, doing a set of 5 everyday for 5 days straight attempting for

Even walked it back into the j hooks! Badass!
  • FSLSBSmfp
    FSLSBSmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    FSLSBSmfp wrote: »
    Some dreads from this morning. 180kg (396lbs) x 5. They've been coming along lately, doing a set of 5 everyday for 5 days straight attempting for

Even walked it back into the j hooks! Badass!

lol cheers bro, I think it was mostly due to be too lazy to remove the weight plates from the floor :D
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Tried wraps for the first time. Perhaps not the wisest jump from 275 to 315 but duck it
    I moved the weight. I'll take it.

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Awesome @JoRocka !!!! We'll take your spam videos any day of the week...and I guess three times on Sunday LOL

Wish I was progressing :disappointed: I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. A quad injury that doesn't want to go away and my inability to let myself rest long enough for it to actually heal all the way compounded with my on again off again cut just has me stalled.

Restarted SL5x5 as well since that's when I seemed to feel my strongest, so we'll see if that makes a difference. Instead of conventional bench, I'm doing 5x5 lockouts/pin-press/whatever you call them. Basically forcing myself to push from a dead stop at the bottom about an inch or two off the chest. We'll see if that makes a difference in my conventional.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @McCloud33 - you should see an improvement from using pin press. Even a long pause bench still leaves you a good amount of stretch reflex to help get the bar back up. Pin press completely removes that and forces you to use raw strength.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Awesome @JoRocka !!!! We'll take your spam videos any day of the week...and I guess three times on Sunday LOL

Wish I was progressing :disappointed: I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. A quad injury that doesn't want to go away and my inability to let myself rest long enough for it to actually heal all the way compounded with my on again off again cut just has me stalled.

Restarted SL5x5 as well since that's when I seemed to feel my strongest, so we'll see if that makes a difference. Instead of conventional bench, I'm doing 5x5 lockouts/pin-press/whatever you call them. Basically forcing myself to push from a dead stop at the bottom about an inch or two off the chest. We'll see if that makes a difference in my conventional.

Just FYI: that's the Spoto Press.