Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Upside- my gym is marketedly more quiet. *shrug* I'll take it.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Y'all watching the live stream of the Arnold?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYfyrdj8EfI&feature=youtu.be

I have several friends competing from Wisconsin. I've been at home cheering them on.
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Good time to rip a guilt-free fart.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    400x11 deadlift top set, rep goal achieved. Slept like hell last night, and woke with a sore throat and lower back pain and with a strain in my upper left hamstring from Wednesdays training. I almost considered not training today. I had to tweak my deadlift form as I realized in my warm-ups I was hinging in the small of my back and not my hips, which I remedied by a slightly wider stance in my set-up, and I didn't rush set breaks or the reps. I relaxed and took my sweet time. Really wish I was at the Arnold today cheering my friends on. Good session despite all my old man pains.

Amazing volume
    Options
    400x11 deadlift top set, rep goal achieved. Slept like hell last night, and woke with a sore throat and lower back pain and with a strain in my upper left hamstring from Wednesdays training. I almost considered not training today. I had to tweak my deadlift form as I realized in my warm-ups I was hinging in the small of my back and not my hips, which I remedied by a slightly wider stance in my set-up, and I didn't rush set breaks or the reps. I relaxed and took my sweet time. Really wish I was at the Arnold today cheering my friends on. Good session despite all my old man pains.

Amazing volume

Thanks Chris! If I wasn't a little roughed up I could have gone for another rep or two but why risk it?
    Options

That 66kg world record battle was exciting
  • _incogNEATo_
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I might be behind, because I just saw McHoney's 3rd missed squat at 9:22 CST. Don't spoil it!!! LOL

ETA: I'm all caught up now, and you're right. That was more exciting to me than the Super Bowl... (I hate NFL though).
    Options
    I might be behind, because I just saw McHoney's 3rd missed squat at 9:22 CST. Don't spoil it!!! LOL

ETA: I'm all caught up now, and you're right. That was more exciting to me than the Super Bowl... (I hate NFL though).
    I made the comment between 2nd and 3rd attempt because right after the last lifter I had breakfast (6 pancakes, 4 scrambled eggs) and had to hedge the timing lol. Still drama in 2nd round

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    Hooray squat and DL PR on the same day! I planned a testish day to get a feel for where my squat and deadlift are so I can plan prep for my May meet. No bench since I'm dealing with a shoulder impingement from sleeping like an idiot. It has improved, but I didn't want to put additional strain on things if I didn't have to. Hopefully it'll be in great shape in another 2 months.

BW 185 lbs (84kg). Squat was 360 lbs (~163kg) and a 10 lb PR. Dead is 430 (~195kg) and a 20lb PR. Password is 'mfp' No more heavy heavy things for a while :'( so I'll have to live vicariously through this thread and IG. :smiley:

I want to be you. :o
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm pretty fired up about how fast this 535 single moved!

That was fast!
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm pretty fired up about how fast this 535 single moved!

That was fast!

Peaking has begun! Ready for ascension into the mid-upper 500s!
  • JoRocka
    Options

Are you implying I should wait till the gym is quiet for guilt free farts?

#whoops

Re- Arnold- my friend competed Friday- he didn't even place. The judges said he was to hard. (the jokes are now endless)- such a effing shame- he was easily the biggest and most cut looking dude on the stage. He looked amazing for his weight class at 190.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options

#whoops

Re- Arnold- my friend competed Friday- he didn't even place. The judges said he was to hard. (the jokes are now endless)- such a effing shame- he was easily the biggest and most cut looking dude on the stage. He looked amazing for his weight class at 190.
    Finally some Arnold bodybuilding talk. I didn't watch any of the lifting because I suck.
    I did however watch the female physique competitors routines. One lost her top and ones music was effed up to the point she was like wtf several times.
    It was a pretty eventful apparently....
  • JoRocka
    Options

#whoops

Finally some Arnold bodybuilding talk. I didn't watch any of the lifting because I suck.
    I did however watch the female physique competitors routines. One lost her top and ones music was effed up to the point she was like wtf several times.
    It was a pretty eventful apparently....
    I'm sad I missed quite a bit of it- my gym has several people who attended- it was a massive spectacular. My friend got some shots with Arnold while he was working the ON booth.

I'll have to go back and watch some videos- I missed some of the women's drama- I get annoyed watching the women (sorrrrrry)

The bikini girls just annoy me- I'm sorry to anyone who wants to do it- I just get annoyed with that category.
    And the physique girls are getting SO big I question the natty aspect- and it makes me sad.

I love womens bodies- but the sport is all over the place- I prefer the men's- outside the big league pros- most of seem more copasetic- although my boy was complaining about the weight class he was in- because- again- he was to big- to cut- but he is top of his class for the states. Apparently international standards/judging is different?

I'm not an expert- nor do I follow it closely- I only keep track b/c of the guys at my gym who compete.