Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Ugh, no bench for the past 8 weeks. My best lift (tear). MRI tomorrow with injections for a contrast. Hope it's nothing more than inflammation.
    Sorry to hear that. Injury like that can dog you for awhile. Hopefully it's not too severe.
    Options

I know that there are people who lift with wraps and all those things who are lifting 100 pounds more than I am. Lifting with extra things won't get me 100 extra pounds. I trust the cycles of my training to get me stronger- it's boring and not exciting- but it has continued to work- so I trust in my body to be stronger than it is.
    It's because they only think about training (now) in the short-term and not as a life-long pursuit. Those of us who put in the work and accumulate the reps over a longer period of time will ultimately be stronger and still training in the future. That turkey won't.

Additionally, there are some things you do that you can't unring the bell. My employer is a natural bodybuilder who got his pro-cards a number of years ago. He said the temptation is always there to get bigger and better. He just doesn't think you can make an easy transition back the other way. It's more of a mental and emotional thing. If you've already driven the F1 cars, can you go back to driving your Honda.
    I started just lifting weights in the late 80s in high school and didn't really really get more into it until the early 90s, and I can still remember buying my first body building magazine, Muscle Media 2000. I liked that mag because it seemed more "science approached" and it didn't feature the mass monsters like Lee Priest, Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman et al, but men and women what looked like more natural and obtainable physiques. (They probably just used less gear.) While the pro-bodybuilders were thick and huge, I knew that for all the bluster over supplements, it was fake and enhanced by steroids. I never wanted a body like that, but yet I wanted size of course, but I wanted it to be without any special maintenance. I wanted the muscle (and now strength) to be me, all just me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My first meet is Saturday! I can't wait to post videos on here. Shooting for 335 lb dead, 160 bench, and 200-205 squat.
    SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! WOOT WOOT
    Options
    My first meet is Saturday! I can't wait to post videos on here. Shooting for 335 lb dead, 160 bench, and 200-205 squat.
    Awesome! Just remember all the training is done all you have to do is get up there and do it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

Get *kitten* done!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    385x5
    445x1
    Tempo squat 5x210x5

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I <3 deadlifts. Worked my way up to 165kg for a double and 167.5 for a single, chose to post 157.5 (although the 167.5 is posted on my Facebook) put 15kg on my 2rm, and improved my gym 1rm by 2.5kg - I had more but I ran out of sets and time.

• piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Ugh, no bench for the past 8 weeks. My best lift (tear). MRI tomorrow with injections for a contrast. Hope it's nothing more than inflammation.
    Sorry to hear that. Injury like that can dog you for awhile. Hopefully it's not too severe.

Thanks. Found out it's a partial tear in the rotator cuff and a SLAP tear. I've got an appointment with and Ortho surgeon in a few weeks.
    Guess it's time to up my squat game!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Thanks. Found out it's a partial tear in the rotator cuff and a SLAP tear. I've got an appointment with and Ortho surgeon in a few weeks.

Tore all the tendons in my shoulder benching October 2013. Had surgery in November by the guy that does the Atlanta Braves. Said I would get about 98% back as long as I did PT exercises from here on out. Pain last a year and a half. Got back to gym 6 months after surgery. Took 3 years to get back to pre surgery numbers. Of course I'm 50 now, so numbers are 390 flat, 345 incline. You can get back just do what you're told by PT.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Aw- I'm so sorry about no video!! But your determined face is awesome!!!

Great learning experience and better go of it next time!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    You got a total. And now you have marks to beat for next time!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Trainer got vids and is going to send them to me! I'll share when I get them. Yay!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Tore all the tendons in my shoulder benching October 2013. Had surgery in November by the guy that does the Atlanta Braves. Said I would get about 98% back as long as I did PT exercises from here on out. Pain last a year and a half. Got back to gym 6 months after surgery. Took 3 years to get back to pre surgery numbers. Of course I'm 50 now, so numbers are 390 flat, 345 incline. You can get back just do what you're told by PT.

I appreciate the insight. I don't know (locally) many lifters and they guys on the forum I'm on haven't had shoulder surgery so I wasn't getting much first hand advice. Guy I'm seeing is the Dr that covers the KC Chiefs and Royals and interned way back with the Broncos. I'm hopeful he knows what he's doing.
    Deja vu.... I'm 47 right now.....
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Nice attempt selection for squats and deads. You sandbagged that bench though!! :p

Great first meet. Congrats!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nice attempt selection for squats and deads. You sandbagged that bench though!! :p

Great first meet. Congrats!!

That was actually my 1st bench. Jumped the press cue on my second, and didn't get the weight up on my 3rd. Definitely most disappointed in my bench performance. Next time!