40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Options

Replies

• portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'll be 40 in July and I've challenged myself to 'lose 40 by 40' this year, which would put me at 172. I'd love to have more mfp friends with similar stats/goals!
  • latineyes2
    latineyes2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, I am over 40 (a tiny bit over 50 actually). I have taken off 111 lbs in the past 16 months with about 55 more to go. My motivation is the fact that I have spent some 30+ years in emergency services trying to save others and the time has come to save myself. I want the last half of my life to be the best half. ROCK ON!!!

Awesome work @wrenegade64
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    Great idea @latineyes2 Thank you! I will do that!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl! We totally got this! :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel,
    I'm 45 and in the UK. I started with 43lb to lose. After caring for my chronically sick parents for 3 years I gained heaps of weight. My mum passed away December 2013 and my dad followed in July of last year. It was a terribly stressful time where my life was virtually put on hold and any free time I did have I just wanted to sleep or watch TV. I comfort ate for the first time in my life. Until then I had always been quite slim, about 130-135lb and I used to be really active. I used to distance run, cycle, swim, do triathlons, play squash, go hiking up mountains. And suddenly I was 176lb, my heaviest ever, and felt really fat, unfit and unmotivated. I had some bereavement counselling and that helped me get out of this hole. I started being active again (within my current fitness limits) and started to watch what I eat (not scoff a whole pack of chocolate biscuits by myself!). The dogs are getting lovely longs walks at the moment, so they are pleased. I've lost 6lb so far. I have a lovely husband to be and our wedding has been put off several times due to my parents passing, but we set a date now and we're getting married in October, so if I lose a pound a week I should be back in my old body by the wedding date. :)

I always welcome new friends with similar age, interests or weight loss goals.
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    @CollieFit So glad to have you in our group! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! That is definately a huge motivator.
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning all :) hope everyone is having a good start to the week :smile:

I'm in the UK too colliefit, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I joined a sewing class last night and we had to measure each other to find our pattern size argh embarrassing my waist was 37 inches, I'm a bit tempted to make the dress a size smaller as determined ill be a size smaller by the time it's finished. I did see a loss on the scales this morning yay, nearly 9lb gone since I started. Lovely here, cold, but sunny and I have a day off so I just walked both the dogs, feel like snacking though so I've made a cuppa and then going to get busy cleaning. Hope everyone has a healthy day x
  • bdt0831
    bdt0831 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In he same boat. In my 40's and trying to get my body back. I do not have 40 to lose. But I do have weight to lose and muscle to build and tone. Feel free to add me people!
  • robert_wing
    robert_wing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the same boat 40+ and 46lbs to lose, well when i started only 39 now
  • got2rockit
    got2rockit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 47, mom of 2 teenagers, married and have a good 50lbs that needs to go! I am extremely motivated! Do not want to wear a bathing suit "skirt" any longer. I don't need a bikini, but am so very tired of the skirt bottom. Sounds extremely silly - should be saying want to be healthy,etc, - I do want that - but I really am done with the skirt!!! LOL! Summer goals!

• tonya_leigh73
    tonya_leigh73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am turning 43 in March, and a married mom of 3 girls ages: 20, 17 & 13. I have a stressful sit down desk job, and my other job is following my youngest daughter while she plays travel and school volleyball, softball, basketball, (all at the same time!) and track in the spring. Between practices and games, I sometimes have to choose whether I sleep, exercise or cook and clean the house. Sleep usually wins! Traveling for sports out of town means lots of eating out. My goal is to get to 130-140lbs, I'm at my all time high of 170lbs now and I'm only 5'4". My 25th HS reunion is this summer and I have a cruise in May to for motivators.
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How is everything going this week?
    I had a dental appointment yesterday, which got me a little off track. The good news...I lost 2lbs yesterday...the bad news...apparently I have to drink a liquid diet to lose weight like that.
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi sparky, well done on your loss, I'm crossing fingers for another pound off by my official weigh in friday. Having a good week though, ate out lunch time today so had a lighter dinner and going to brave the cold and walk the dog now. Hope you're ok after the dentist x
  • Sparkymel
    Options
    Thank you @9bars! Feeling much better today.
  • wyndiel
    wyndiel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me and to any other communities. I am 43 and have 70lbs to lose as well. I have three children and a husband at home with a very busy lifestyle. All support would be appreciated. This is a lifestyle change!
    Thank you!
  • PhillyDDT
    PhillyDDT Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Harder now than it was 10 years ago! Down 30 in last 12 months and looking to lose another 40-50.
  • huogou
    huogou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to your statement: "I am just over it! I am tired of feeling tired, insecure and unhappy in my own skin." I've lost 70 pounds in the past and am now heavier than I have ever been, even when I was pregnant with my 5th! It's driving me crazy that I can't get this weight off no matter how hard I am trying. I want that feeling of complete freedom, I want the energy and self assurance back. I am 41 and have about 70 pounds to say goodbye to. Support would be awesome!
  • JoniCh2
    JoniCh2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in June with 85 lbs. to lose. I need the support! I love this thread since we're in the same boat. Add me.
  • JoniCh2
    JoniCh2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sparkymel wrote: »
    @bianca616 Making ourselves a priority is so hard to do, when we have kids. I am realizing that being truly happy with ourselves, helps us to be even better parents. There are so many things that I have avoided going to, because of my weight. My son has even missed some friends birthday parties because of my own insecurities. I have decided not to let that interfere with his activities again.

I so relate!