Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Is this a fitness app, or dating site?

Options

Replies

• jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    kimvmajor wrote: »
    And, in all seriousness, social media sites/common interest sites can be a great way of meeting people (not for dating). Some of my very good friends - both men and women - I met after having really good exchanges on-line. It's a big world out there, and there are a lot of people to meet. There are plenty of people on here I think I would be creeped out to be in the same room with, but there are others I could totally see laughing with over a beer, without anything sexual as the intention or outcome.

Well said. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it! Hell, if I was single looking to meet people I'd much rather do it online than in a bar! I just thought it was funny when I came across the forums and saw all the teenager "rate me" garbage.

Same here. The last thing I would want is to try to weed through the women just looking for free drinks. And I am sure the last thing a woman truly looking to meet someone wants to weed through guys just looking for sex.

Im here for the sex.
  • wolfehound33
    wolfehound33 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    And, in all seriousness, social media sites/common interest sites can be a great way of meeting people (not for dating). Some of my very good friends - both men and women - I met after having really good exchanges on-line. It's a big world out there, and there are a lot of people to meet. There are plenty of people on here I think I would be creeped out to be in the same room with, but there are others I could totally see laughing with over a beer, without anything sexual as the intention or outcome.

Well said. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it! Hell, if I was single looking to meet people I'd much rather do it online than in a bar! I just thought it was funny when I came across the forums and saw all the teenager "rate me" garbage.

Same here. The last thing I would want is to try to weed through the women just looking for free drinks. And I am sure the last thing a woman truly looking to meet someone wants to weed through guys just looking for sex.

Im here for the sex.

I like this girl, she knows what she wants
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options

Im here for the sex.

How you doin? :P
  • jlisa24
    Options
  • wolfehound33
    wolfehound33 Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Date marry ons
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have went out with two women I met on this site. One I dated for four months and is now my best friend, the other and I stay in sporadic contact and will generally get together and go to a college football game once a year, and even went to the beach for a couple nights this past late summer (all platonic). Nothing wrong with meeting people here.
  • jlisa24
    Options
    ^^ crazy people actually meet on here.

I've met people off instagram lol tho it was a run meet up. Never a date.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    im just here for sex also, anyone is fine, girl or guy, lets just enjoy it, its what this site is for.
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Yes, because INSTAGRAM, a site where people post pictures of the food they ate and random selfies, is more acceptable than MFP where people have similar goals, interests, and actual realism.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

Im here for the sex.

So am I. I was commenting on how I would approach dating IF I were single. :p
  • srv524
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    C: All of the above.

So. Many. Newbs.

Not. Enough. Noodz.

Boobs out.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

So. Many. Newbs.

Not. Enough. Noodz.

When I first joined and was rather flirty, getting noodz was easier than turning on the tv. But that was about 3 years ago, the fun of flirting with people who I will never meet in real life died out long ago. No idea if it's as easy these days.

• brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    1446722726316681284.jpg
  • jlisa24
    Options
    srv524 wrote: »
    Yes, because INSTAGRAM, a site where people post pictures of the food they ate and random selfies, is more acceptable than MFP where people have similar goals, interests, and actual realism.

Simmer down this isn't a "what social media site is more acceptable to meet people" argument.

Btw note I never said i used it for dating. Run meet ups. For running. And maybe coffee drinking.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

So. Many. Newbs.

Not. Enough. Noodz.

When I first joined and was rather flirty, getting noodz was easier than turning on the tv. But that was about 3 years ago, the fun of flirting with people who I will never meet in real life died out long ago. No idea if it's as easy these days.

YES
  • srv524
    Options

Simmer down this isn't a "what social media site is more acceptable to meet people" argument.

Btw note I never said i used it for dating. Run meet ups. For running. And maybe coffee drinking.

I was playing although IG isn't as trustworthy/reliable as MFP.
  • jlisa24
    Options

So you're saying I shouldnt meet my next boyfriend off IG in a dark alley in Watts? Noted.
  • srv524
    Options

So you're saying I shouldnt meet my next boyfriend off IG in a dark alley in Watts? Noted.

Yes, meet him on here. His name is @Saelith
  • jlisa24
    Options
    alafabeta wrote: »
    Any more experience with running dates? Gym dates?

Ive only had gym / running dates with girl friends. And used to go to the gym and run with my ex. I was one of those annoying couples who worked out together. They make me want to vom now... lol
  • srv524
    Options
    Soon I'll be one of those dads running 5k's while pushing along the baby stroller