From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    ooh I am so pear shaped!!! How did you do this?! I am all cardio and I have no idea where to start for heavy lifting!

I started by working with a personal trainer who helped me design a program, and learn to do the exercises correctly.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    Amcolecchi - I've posted throughout this thread with "how" I started heavy-lifting.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump to share with daughter
  • Cathy1Shields
    Cathy1Shields Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it's admirable how committed you are. You look great! Liked reading all the FP posts - since I haven't been on in a while, this was timely!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm getting there slowly. Since lifting, I have noticed that my upper half is balancing out my lower half, so I'm less pear than before. lol
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful to see your results Beeps. I had a break from lifting while training for an endurance walking event and then surgery which precluded me from lifting for 10 weeks afterwards. Now however I'm back into NRoL4W and loving it (again).

Those 3 favourite shots of yours are beautiful by the way, your musculature is just stunning and you deserve to feel very proud of what you have achieved.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!:flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have to take a 5-week break from heavy-lifting (and all exercise, actually) when recovering from eye surgery in Aug/Sept.

I remain hopeful that all the muscles I have built-nurtured, will remain during this forced "break".

I will be UBER-careful with my diet during these weeks and I really will look forward to lifting at the end of the forced "break". Also, I hope my DOMs isn't TERRIFYING when I get going, again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!