From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing job!!! Truly inspiring!
    :happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • 123dmc
    123dmc Posts: 13
    Options
    YOU, my dear, are my inspiration. Your physique is impressive! You should be so proud of yourself. Kudos to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm sure the next 18mos will exceed your expectations.
  • eawest7
    eawest7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Any tips on your workout routine? I'm similar age, just starting with weight loss, but used to lift a lot when I was younger and prefer lifting to other exercise.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wonder if you can go from apple to hourglass
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You look fab, Beeps, and your consistency and passion for working out is an inspiration to us all
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can go from "apple" to "hourglass". Yes, you can go from "ruler" to "hourglass". Yes, you can go from "pear" to "hourglass". And, yes, you can go from "natural hourglass" to "firm/toned hourglass".

Oh. Yes. You. Can.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Now that's inspiring!! Well done!
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can go from "apple" to "hourglass". Yes, you can go from "ruler" to "hourglass". Yes, you can go from "pear" to "hourglass". And, yes, you can go from "natural hourglass" to "firm/toned hourglass".

Oh. Yes. You. Can.

AMEN!!!
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    Dude.... rock on with your bad self ;-) you look HOT.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job Beeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! such an inspiration as I too am looking lift and I have noooo boobs :( lol
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I would LOVE to have arms like yours. Thanks sooo much for sharing. I wish we knew your workout routine! ;0
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely amazing. The transformation is fantastic :D
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    You look very good. But 33 26 38 is pear-shaped, not an hour-glass.

I agree. You do look awesome but there's nothing wrong with being a pear. Pear is sexy too.

Yeah, the person who posted that is pear shaped also. She wasn't saying pear shaped was bad. Pear shaped is a very beautiful, lovely shape. It's too bad when people don't realize that pear shaped is not an insult. It is often considered a compliment. J.lo and Beyonce are pear shaped.

I tend to agree. Though there is no one shape that is better than another--healthy and fit look good on everyone. Congrats to the OP on her hard work!

Anyway, I agree there is nothing wrong with a pear shape. I have a natural hourglass shape meaning my natural fat distribution is always equal between my chest and hips and my waist is smaller proportionately. I admit, the bodies I always envy are usually what I would describe as an "athletic pear shape" meaning a woman with natural pear shape tendencies who is lean and athletic looking. That is true of most celebrities I admire the shape of i.e. J-Lo, Beyonce, Shakira, Michelle Obama and also of several women I know in real life. I think one of the boons of that shape is that upper body and ab definition shows earlier than some other body types and they don't lose the nice hip to waist ratio with leanness. So I actually consider someone saying a "fit pear shape" as a compliment. That is a very popular shape at the moment.

But whatever "shape" you look fantastic and very well proportioned. Enjoy you worked hard and earned it!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    How inspiring for women like me with a pear/hourglass shape, and want more of an hourglass shape. Lifting is truly a powerful tool, helping you shave off inches, change your body composition, and look toned! Thank you for this :) You look fabulous!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    How inspiring for women like me with a pear/hourglass shape, who want more of an hourglass shape. Lifting is truly a powerful tool, helping you shave off inches, change your body composition, and look toned! Thank you for this :) You look fabulous!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Beeps, this is AWESOME! You are living proof that lifting is fantastic! I won't say better because that would incite an argument which I don't want. You are truly an inspiration!

I'd also love to see what your PRs are...what they were and what they are now!
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    April - my PR's aren't anything to brag about....so, I don't. I decided about 9 months ago that I wasn't into proving how "strong" I could get (although 'stronger' was a good thing....), but into changing my 'shape'.

So, yes, I recognize it is a bit of 'smoke-and-mirrors' - I want the shape, but don't really care if I can lift 300 lbs. (So long as I "look" like I could, lol....)

I am okay with working on changing my "shape" - but I ain't no olympic body-builder....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!