From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you for the inspiration!! I just started heavy lifting 2 wks ago and like u CARDIO QUEEN, I am so excited to see different results and already am falling in love with heavy-lifting!!
  • jupotts
    jupotts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did you follow a training schedule?
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Remember, all things are possible! I have a full-time job. I have severe asthma. I have a husband and a family to take care of. But, above all else, I believe that I owe it to myself to take care of myself. First.

Thank YOU for reminding all of us that if we work hard and make no excuses, and put our health first, we can all have great success! Way to go lady! You rock and are an inspiration!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    April - my PR's aren't anything to brag about....so, I don't. I decided about 9 months ago that I wasn't into proving how "strong" I could get (although 'stronger' was a good thing....), but into changing my 'shape'.

So, yes, I recognize it is a bit of 'smoke-and-mirrors' - I want the shape, but don't really care if I can lift 300 lbs. (So long as I "look" like I could, lol....)

I am okay with working on changing my "shape" - but I ain't no olympic body-builder....

I hear you! I also lift weights for fitness and to improve my dancing. As long as I can dance good and support my own body weight in lots of different ways it doesn't matter what my weight lifting PR's are. I continue to make progress, but I don't compare myself to others. I lift heavy for me and it gets the job done.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Congrats!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Love the title. Especially in light of a recent thread where someone thought it could not be done. Reminds me of a saying.

“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.”

― James Baldwin
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started my mom weight lifting yesterday and she's already ready for the next session. I can't wait to show her your progress pics so that she can know that age is just a number. I am also motivated. I still want to lose some inches on my hips and thighs. I attribute all the the progress I've made so far to heavy lifting. Congrats on all the progress you've made. This is amazing! Great job! This is a thread I'll definitely look back to for motivation. :wink:
  • WeightLossWanted3
    Options
    Great job!! You look great and I am sure you feel better as well!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the shoulders! I see you on the NROLFW forum and love your motivation!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that "comparison is the thief of joy"....that's why I am simply comparing myself to myself.

I admit I *do* get impatient with people who are always making "excuses" for why they don't eat right or can't get to their fitness.

We're all grownups! Stop the "victim" mentality, figure out what works for you. Life is short!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And you're great proof that there isn't a "better" body shape than another - you have a strong, fit, pear-shaped body and it looks phenomenal.

I agree! You have a great pear shape!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that "comparison is the thief of joy"....that's why I am simply comparing myself to myself.

Love that...stealing!
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Rockin'. Almost more inspiring than the transformation is the consistency and stick-with-it attitude you have. I'm sure you have had plateaus, stalls and otherwise stupid days/weeks/months(?) where you were frustrated with progress. 18 months or consistency looks good on you! I'll keep it in mind during my boo hoo moments. :)
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing job
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Great results!!!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is an amazing transformation!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. Truly.
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    U look amazing congrats your hsrd work shows
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow Beeps you look so Fab. I miss you guys on the NROLW but will get back to it after muffin makes an appearance in Oct. Unfortunately tried to carry on but since I have crutches just to get across the gym to get to the weights it really aint happening just now!
    So in awe of you . Keep it up xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!