Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to get gf into fitness?

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    alafabeta wrote: »
    I have a new girlfriend. I find her attractive, still I’m a bit disappointed. She is on a chubby side. Not very much but enough. She is squishy, with little tone and not much muscle definition. I see how much hotter she could be if she lose some pounds, tone up, get rid of squashy chubbiness around her pierced belly button, shrink around her mushy thighs and tighten her butt. But I know that I can’t talk with her about it directly because I’ve noticed how bashful she is about those things. So how can I get her into fitness? Any experience?

2l6398g1y6pm.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited January 2016
    You should leave her - she deserves someone who can see past her physique and doesn't think that changing her body will make her more attractive.

I don't think so. I see real potential in her. Just need to find a way to realize it...

you don't be with a person for the person who you think they can be. just for who they are now
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    You could always give her an ultimatum. Get fit out get out. SO when she gets super hot she can dump your sorry butt.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Once upon a time, there was a girl. She was cute, smart, funny, and a healthy weight - not super thin, not super muscular, but with nice curves.

She started dating a cute, smart, funny guy, but after about 6 months, he started telling her (mostly after he'd had a few drinks) that he thought she'd be hotter if she were more fit. She was kind of crushed, because she'd thought she was already pretty damned attractive. She really liked this guy, and he had a lot of other redeeming qualities that seemed to balance out this particular quality, but this made her mad. A good way to manage anger is to start working out, and she did. She dropped a few pounds, gained a little more muscle tone, and he STFUed about her weight. But she was still mad. A few years later, when she met a sweet, kind, smart, funny, generous, amazing man who would adore her no matter what her body fat percentage was, she dropped the shallow jack*** like a hot potato, moved on, and lived happily ever after. Well, she's still a little pissed off 15 years later, actually. Nobody should make another person feel like that, especially if they purport to care about them.

Shallow Dillweed went on to have a string of failed relationships and at least one divorce. I... oops, she... hasn't talked to him in a long time, but last she heard, he was still perpetually dissatisfied.

The End.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    You should leave her - she deserves someone who can see past her physique and doesn't think that changing her body will make her more attractive.

I don't think so. I see real potential in her. Just need to find a way to realize it...

you don't be with a person for the person who you think they can be. just for who they are now

YES!!!! MOYER566 YES!!!!

I dated a jerk like OP years ago didn't know how he felt until one night I asked him what's wrong and he just told me that he thought I was cute but just wasn't what he was used to because he never dated someone my size (I was over 200lbs at that time) well that was the beginning of the end which was fortunate. I moved 1000 miles away a month later (an opportunity came up and I took it) and by the end of that year I met my now husband who accepted me the way I was. Over the past 8 years we've loss a combined 120+lbs. Eat that slice of cake! :p
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,172 Member
    The OP makes me want to get out of fitness. :scans paper for new job:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    sanfromny wrote: »
    moyer566 wrote: »

YES!!!! MOYER566 YES!!!!

I dated a jerk like OP years ago didn't know how he felt until one night I asked him what's wrong and he just told me that he thought I was cute but just wasn't what he was used to because he never dated someone my size (I was over 200lbs at that time) well that was the beginning of the end which was fortunate. I moved 1000 miles away a month later (an opportunity came up and I took it) and by the end of that year I met my now husband who accepted me the way I was. Over the past 8 years we've loss a combined 120+lbs. Eat that slice of cake! :p

glad you found happiness
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    If you think she's fat now, wait until you get married.

Sometimes I have a serious man crush on you @_incogNEATo_
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    If you think she's fat now, wait until you get married.

Sometimes I have a serious man crush on you @_incogNEATo_

<3 Thanks!
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Quite entertaining read here.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I have a new girlfriend. I find her attractive, still I’m a bit disappointed. She is on a chubby side. Not very much but enough. She is squishy, with little tone and not much muscle definition. I see how much hotter she could be if she lose some pounds, tone up, get rid of squashy chubbiness around her pierced belly button, shrink around her mushy thighs and tighten her butt. But I know that I can’t talk with her about it directly because I’ve noticed how bashful she is about those things. So how can I get her into fitness? Any experience?

Sounds like a very deep meaningful relationship based on mutual respect and trust. And I totally believe this is a true story, brah.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member

THIS. Sounds like the only cardio she "needs" is to leave your *kitten*
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    You know I'd like to see how "fit" OP really is. A lot of guys want their women to look like super models or barbie dolls but they're no freaking prize themselves. That being said, OP is likely a troll but I just wanted to share my 2 cents for the day. :)
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    You know I'd like to see how "fit" OP really is. A lot of guys want their women to look like super models or barbie dolls but they're no freaking prize themselves. That being said, OP is likely a troll but I just wanted to share my 2 cents for the day. :)

your 2 cents became 100 dollars!
  • junelove89
    junelove89 Posts: 759 Member
    Damn, I wish I had a boyfriend who wanted to workout as much as I do and be my motivation :'(
  • JeffreyMGiron
    junelove89 wrote: »
    Damn, I wish I had a boyfriend who wanted to workout as much as I do and be my motivation :'(

you dont have one?....why hello there.
  • junelove89
    junelove89 Posts: 759 Member

No, I dumped him because he didn't want to workout
  • JeffreyMGiron

No, I dumped him because he didn't want to workout

ha, poor fellow...
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Not to derail this thread but if we're talking about girlfriends and weight already....

My girlfriend keeps looking at herself in the mirror and saying that she's so fat. I'm not sure how to respond to her when she says that. She's gained about 15 pounds in the 8 months we've been dating and is currently the heaviest she's ever been. I don't like the idea of lying to her to try and spare her feelings because that doesn't help anyone in the end. Last time she said that I told her that if she doesn't like it then she should do something about it. I'd love it if she came to the gym with me but that doesn't seem to interest her much so I've never pushed it. I'd like to encourage her but not be pushy about it. Any suggestions on how to respond when she does this?
  • JeffreyMGiron
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Not to derail this thread but if we're talking about girlfriends and weight already....

My girlfriend keeps looking at herself in the mirror and saying that she's so fat. I'm not sure how to respond to her when she says that. She's gained about 15 pounds in the 8 months we've been dating and is currently the heaviest she's ever been. I don't like the idea of lying to her to try and spare her feelings because that doesn't help anyone in the end. Last time she said that I told her that if she doesn't like it then she should do something about it. I'd love it if she came to the gym with me but that doesn't seem to interest her much so I've never pushed it. I'd like to encourage her but not be pushy about it. Any suggestions on how to respond when she does this?

I would actually just ask her one day shes not doing anything and be like "hey lets go workout! i want a partner today" and if she responds angry you can come back, ill give you my address so you can beat me up.