How to get gf into fitness?

Options

Replies

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Poke her mushy tummy like you would the Pillsbury dough boy, tell her it's cute her thighs jiggle like Jello. This will get her motivate I guarantee it. If it fails though try the cake out the car window trick previously mentioned

if anyone god damn did this to me, i kick them in the balls and tell them it's cute how it hurts them real bad.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Not to derail this thread but if we're talking about girlfriends and weight already....

My girlfriend keeps looking at herself in the mirror and saying that she's so fat. I'm not sure how to respond to her when she says that. She's gained about 15 pounds in the 8 months we've been dating and is currently the heaviest she's ever been. I don't like the idea of lying to her to try and spare her feelings because that doesn't help anyone in the end. Last time she said that I told her that if she doesn't like it then she should do something about it. I'd love it if she came to the gym with me but that doesn't seem to interest her much so I've never pushed it. I'd like to encourage her but not be pushy about it. Any suggestions on how to respond when she does this?

TREAD LIGHTLY DUUUUUDE.
    i mean if she's the one offering the "im fat" emotion, then be her buddy. just be like if you wanna try to come to the gym with me. we can spend more time together and i can show you some things to get started. dont you ever dare say she's fat or squishy.
  • junelove89
    junelove89 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Not to derail this thread but if we're talking about girlfriends and weight already....

My girlfriend keeps looking at herself in the mirror and saying that she's so fat. I'm not sure how to respond to her when she says that. She's gained about 15 pounds in the 8 months we've been dating and is currently the heaviest she's ever been. I don't like the idea of lying to her to try and spare her feelings because that doesn't help anyone in the end. Last time she said that I told her that if she doesn't like it then she should do something about it. I'd love it if she came to the gym with me but that doesn't seem to interest her much so I've never pushed it. I'd like to encourage her but not be pushy about it. Any suggestions on how to respond when she does this?

Or maybe try going hiking, walking, something outdoors. That's always nice instead of being in the gym where one feels insecure from the sight of all the nice bodies working out.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    i effin love going hiking with my boyfriend.

yeah. bring ya girl hiking! and kiss her when you see stupid landmarks like bridges or huge rocks or some sh-t.

thatseffinadorable.

sry. just learned BBCODE.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

yeah. bring ya girl hiking! and kiss her when you see stupid landmarks like bridges or huge rocks or some sh-t.

thatseffinadorable.

Calm your *kitten* down please.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

I think if she wants to lose weight she'll do it when she's ready. In the meantime maybe you can ditch going to out eat so much and try to come up with activity dates - like hiking or bike riding, or maybe taking a fun zumba or spin class together.

It happens to almost everyone...those 15 pounds are called "love weight" :)

• JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options

thatseffinadorable.

Calm your *kitten* down please.

i was thinking the same, I havent had my coffee yet,
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

I think if she wants to lose weight she'll do it when she's ready. In the meantime maybe you can ditch going to out eat so much and try to come up with activity dates - like hiking or bike riding, or maybe taking a fun zumba or spin class together.

"love weight" i love that You really are the love guru aren't you @AskTracyAnnK28
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

break up
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options

i gained like 50 lbs of love weight, she just cooked so damn good...
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    alafabeta wrote: »
    You should leave her - she deserves someone who can see past her physique and doesn't think that changing her body will make her more attractive.

I don't think so. I see real potential in her. Just need to find a way to realize it...

Aren't you supposed to date someone for who they are now, not who they could maybe be in the future???
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    junelove89 wrote: »

Or maybe try going hiking, walking, something outdoors. That's always nice instead of being in the gym where one feels insecure from the sight of all the nice bodies working out.
    We already do stuff like this. We're going curling tomorrow morning, I'm trying to find a day to go out snowboarding, she seemed cool with snowshoeing next month. We got kayaks in the summer and take them up to her grandma's lake at least once a month (when it's not frozen). I'm more looking for advice (especially from girls) on how to respond when she complains about her weight.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options

"love weight" i love that You really are the love guru aren't you @AskTracyAnnK28

The Love Doctor is in B)

• LindsayB072
    LindsayB072 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Love her how she is or find someone who's more into fitness. She needs to be the one asking to go to the gym, not the other way around.
    If I was your girl, and read this post, I'd dump you and find a guy who enjoyed my squish.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    If you think she's fat now, wait until you get married.

The entire time, this was the only thing I could think of.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ask her to workout with you. Tell her you love her company and she motivates you. You want to spend more time with her blah blah blah.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

We already do stuff like this. We're going curling tomorrow morning, I'm trying to find a day to go out snowboarding, she seemed cool with snowshoeing next month. We got kayaks in the summer and take them up to her grandma's lake at least once a month (when it's not frozen). I'm more looking for advice (especially from girls) on how to respond when she complains about her weight.

I'm going curling tonight....yay for curlers

just tell her you think she's beautiful. That's all she needs to hear
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options

I'm going curling tonight....yay for curlers

just tell her you think she's beautiful. That's all she needs to hear

Hey Kat youre beautiful!
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Slap her with your pork chop and tell her to get her shiz sorted before she starts to smell like a fat lady.

This is the best advice I've ever read on mfp, besides my own.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options

TREAD LIGHTLY DUUUUUDE.
    i mean if she's the one offering the "im fat" emotion, then be her buddy. just be like if you wanna try to come to the gym with me. we can spend more time together and i can show you some things to get started. dont you ever dare say she's fat or squishy.

Haha, what if I say it like this? I shall call you Squishy and you shall be mine and you shall be my Squishy.
    She's seen finding Nemo 100+ times so she might like that... or I might get hit. Worth the risk?
    I like your snake btw.