How to get gf into fitness?

Options

Replies

• kaylasgriffin88
    kaylasgriffin88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Its one thing to try get your girl into fitness because you are a fitness orientated person, like myself I prefer to date a girl who plays sport or has the occasional gym visit weekly as I know she will understand my lifestyle. Its a whole other thing to get her into fitness because you think shes as you describe her "squashy chubbiness". Shallow fool, everyone is right she deserves better. Little bashful about it no wonder when guys like you cant see past it..

Yesssss
  • junelove89
    junelove89 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    junelove89 wrote: »
    Not to derail this thread but if we're talking about girlfriends and weight already....

My girlfriend keeps looking at herself in the mirror and saying that she's so fat. I'm not sure how to respond to her when she says that. She's gained about 15 pounds in the 8 months we've been dating and is currently the heaviest she's ever been. I don't like the idea of lying to her to try and spare her feelings because that doesn't help anyone in the end. Last time she said that I told her that if she doesn't like it then she should do something about it. I'd love it if she came to the gym with me but that doesn't seem to interest her much so I've never pushed it. I'd like to encourage her but not be pushy about it. Any suggestions on how to respond when she does this?

Or maybe try going hiking, walking, something outdoors. That's always nice instead of being in the gym where one feels insecure from the sight of all the nice bodies working out.
    We already do stuff like this. We're going curling tomorrow morning, I'm trying to find a day to go out snowboarding, she seemed cool with snowshoeing next month. We got kayaks in the summer and take them up to her grandma's lake at least once a month (when it's not frozen). I'm more looking for advice (especially from girls) on how to respond when she complains about her weight.

Well, then just tell her she won't see any results by complaining about it. It would be wonderful if we got what we wanted just by complaining instead of going out there and doing something about it. Maybe in a parallel universe... Maybe
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Have her get on top during sex and say you can't breathe.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Have her get on top during sex and say you can't breathe.

Thread is over, i think we have a keeper here.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Love her how she is or find someone who's more into fitness. She needs to be the one asking to go to the gym, not the other way around.
    If I was your girl, and read this post, I'd dump you and find a guy who enjoyed my squish.

This^^^

If you're not attracted to her anymore then let her go find someone who will love her just the way she is.

If you say anything negative to her when she comments about her weight gain it's only going to make her feel worse and you'll get into a fight and that will be that.

Then you can meet someone else in one of the "person above you" threads.
  • provencal73
    Options
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options

aww shucks, she winked at me :3
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    HeidiLynnK wrote: »
    Are we not all okay with telling someone, hey, you should get a haircut or giving advice/direction on things a person can easily change? Why is asking someone to work on fitness so insulting?"

If someone tells me to get a haircut, I would be super offended. It's okay if asked for an opinion, but nobody likes unsolicited advise.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Not to derail this thread but if we're talking about girlfriends and weight already....

My girlfriend keeps looking at herself in the mirror and saying that she's so fat. I'm not sure how to respond to her when she says that. She's gained about 15 pounds in the 8 months we've been dating and is currently the heaviest she's ever been. I don't like the idea of lying to her to try and spare her feelings because that doesn't help anyone in the end. Last time she said that I told her that if she doesn't like it then she should do something about it. I'd love it if she came to the gym with me but that doesn't seem to interest her much so I've never pushed it. I'd like to encourage her but not be pushy about it. Any suggestions on how to respond when she does this?

TREAD LIGHTLY DUUUUUDE.
    i mean if she's the one offering the "im fat" emotion, then be her buddy. just be like if you wanna try to come to the gym with me. we can spend more time together and i can show you some things to get started. dont you ever dare say she's fat or squishy.

Mine does this, I go oink oink when she says she looks fat, also whenever she eats.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Dump her. Find fit woman at gym. Profit.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    fitness D in her mouth?
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You could let her go so you can find someone that meets your exacting standards. Or, you could accept her for who she is. If you can't do that, then you need to let her go, because she deserves better. However, if you are concerned for her health, I would suggest taking her for a walk or a bike ride, make it fun, spend time with her, get outside and move. Remember though, exercise doesn't appeal to everyone. Some girls don't like to sweat. You have to decide if that's a deal breaker for you. What if you have children and she puts on weight, going to leave her then? Figure it out, sooner, rather than later.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Suggest a 4-some and slip the other dude a $20 to suggest she's fat. Then you can take offense, defend her honor, and come out looking like the good guy. Meanwhile, the seed has been planted in her mind. Next, all you have to do is constantly remind her by saying things like "no, you're not fat" completely out of the blue.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Suggest a 4-some and slip the other dude a $20 to suggest she's fat. Then you can take offense, defend her honor, and come out looking like the good guy. Meanwhile, the seed has been planted in her mind. Next, all you have to do is constantly remind her by saying things like "no, you're not fat" completely out of the blue.

Too much penis in this scenario
  • provencal73
    Options

Too much penis in this scenario

She might like that though.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    ames105 wrote: »
    You could let her go so you can find someone that meets your exacting standards. Or, you could accept her for who she is. If you can't do that, then you need to let her go, because she deserves better. However, if you are concerned for her health, I would suggest taking her for a walk or a bike ride, make it fun, spend time with her, get outside and move. Remember though, exercise doesn't appeal to everyone. Some girls don't like to sweat. You have to decide if that's a deal breaker for you. What if you have children and she puts on weight, going to leave her then? Figure it out, sooner, rather than later.

oh this ^^^^.

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    fitness D in her mouth?

hehe
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    People are actually taking this seriously. *boggles*

Please don't feed the Troll...
  • JeffreyMGiron
    Options
    akoivisto wrote: »

jokes on you, we take things serious to start conversation.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    akoivisto wrote: »

It's friday; feeding day for the trolls.

Please keep feeding the troll. I don't want to have to actually DO my job today.