Need a change in routine

Options

Replies

• Vikitoria10
    Vikitoria10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe switch up your workouts? Try a group class! Or a few! Maybe that'll help! Muscle confusion! Good luck to you! And congrats on the 25lb loss!
  • charmedbrat
    charmedbrat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I kno i gotta switch up my routine... thatsvwhat i need help with
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I kno i gotta switch up my routine... thatsvwhat i need help with

Open your diary. At these #s it's not your exercise causing any plateau it's your diet or impatience. How often do you scale? If you don't do it often you don't know what your fluctuations look like.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    It is my exercises because i cant get my heart ratw up...gitta get heart ratw up to vurn calories
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It is my exercises because i cant get my heart ratw up...gitta get heart ratw up to vurn calories

Why can't you get your heart rate up?
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd advise you to pick something that you don't typically do....and just do it.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Also, if you aren't getting your heart rate up then perhaps you're not working hard enough. Unless there is a medical reason for you not to do so, you just have push yourself.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    It is your food that is being miscalculated either through errors in entries or miscalculation of exercise burn.

If you wish to believe it is because you can't get your heart rate up to burn more calories- put more effort into your exercise.

Also, if you are dependant on your HRM for your calories it is only useful for steady state cardio, not lifting or circuit training.
    From what I hear it can take time to adjust to your body
    Read up on your particular HRM or do a search on MFP, for the best way to use it.

If you were losing at a better rate without the HRM- ditch it.

Cheers, h.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    I try to push myself but it gets hardwr on my knees the faster i go... tried different machines today n still couldn't get heart rate up
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    As i mentioned before i have polycystic ovarian syndrome so losing weight isnt easy... my hrm is very accurate... it lines up wity what my doc says my resting heart rate it... so its reading my heart ratw just fine... n if it doesnt accurately read wjen i do weights most likely im burning actually morw calories then...
  • HutchA12
    edited January 2016
    Options
    As i mentioned before i have polycystic ovarian syndrome so losing weight isnt easy... my hrm is very accurate... it lines up wity what my doc says my resting heart rate it... so its reading my heart ratw just fine... n if it doesnt accurately read wjen i do weights most likely im burning actually morw calories then...

Honestly at 313 I don't care about your exercise at all. You don't even need to do it to lose weight. Assuming your 25 only 5ft flat and seditary you would burn around 2600 cals a day... just living a normal day. You could eat 1600 cals a day and lose an easy 2# per week. If you are taller than 5ft it could even be more. Add exercise on top and it's even more. If you've plateaued for a period of time while regularly exercising like you say you would need to be eating 2600 -3000 calories a day.

You say you eat 1300-1700 a day. You don't. You would lose weight fast. PCOS or not so don't use it as an excuse.

Open your diary. It's your food. Not exercise.
  • charmedbrat
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do u kno about pcos? Im 26 5ft 9... eat no more then 1700 cals.. occasionally ill go over but not often... i work out 5 maybe 6 days a week n been around the same weight for a few weeks.. and i log EVERYTHING into this app... so f u...
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    And i never eat back my calories... Saturday is my cheat day n ill maybe go up to 1900-2100 cals... but doing that once a week shouldn't effect me to this extent...
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    There are plenty people on these forums with PCOS who lose just fine. How long since you saw a loss?

Your HRM may be reading your heart rate accurately but that doesn't necessarily correlate to an accurate estimation of calories burned. As stated, they're designed to be used during steady state cardio, anything else and they can be wildly inaccurate. I use an HRM and when I upgraded my tracker which has a gym specific app (and therefore tweaked algorithms for calculating burns) the calories burned became significantly lower.

And finally, are you weighing solids and measuring liquids? If not you are likely eating more than you think. If your intake was truly that low, exercise or not, the weight would be falling off you.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    I weigh everything... solids, liquids... and for my weight losing 400cals an hour working out sounds pretty accurate to me... its been almost 3 weeks of gaining n losing the same 3lbs...
  • HutchA12
    edited January 2016
    Options
    do u kno about pcos? Im 26 5ft 9... eat no more then 1700 cals.. occasionally ill go over but not often... i work out 5 maybe 6 days a week n been around the same weight for a few weeks.. and i log EVERYTHING into this app... so f u...

I do know. I don't think it's excuse. If you don't want help that's fine I'm out.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    N my calories for today are at 1391... i dont eat much...
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight training are you doing? If you're doing standard reps and sets, you might try doing intervals for awhile instead.
    You might also look at your macro mix, and up your protein, lower your carbs, etc for a little while, something to shake of the plateau. You were doing great before, and it'll get back into the swing soon! :)
  • charmedbrat
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i accurately put everything in here... i work out 5 days a week for 1hr to 2... cardio all days n weights 3 days a week... obviously my bosy works differently then u kno but to havw u call me a liar was uncalled for... saying i dont put my info in accuratly... bull crap dude...
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Thanks Elizabeth... thats the kinda help im looking for... i do a series if weight machines at ky gym...6 lower body n 7 upper body machines... i do 3 sets of 12reps gradually going up in weights... if im in a hurry that day i do 3 sets of 6 reps at a higher weight... just to xhange it uo as well