Need a change in routine

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    wdv2v5423u4d.jpg

ETA: Don't jump straight to the red circle and blow this off. Your PCOS is acknowledged and being treated, so it's not likely the sole cause of your impediment in losing weight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you started to modify your macros (less carbs). Most women find much more such when lowering their carbs to 140g or less depending on the severity of their pcos....

If you want, you can start a structured lifting program like strong curves, NROL4W or strong lift as this will provide you a platform to maximize strength gains.

Ultimately, weight loss will mainly come down to calories. And since the average trained person under reports calories in and over reports calories out, that is one place to start.

I would possibly recommend joining the PCOS as many of the people can provide much greater level of specialized support. Normally, I would link but am on my phone.
  • charmedbrat
    charmedbrat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ok so im accuretly outting in my food... eating less then 1700 cals n working out 5 days a week if not more... so what woukd u say is my reason if it isn't for my hormonal imbalance? Like my DOCTOR says... huh
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    I dont under report my calories in....... ive said this several times now... i put my food in accurately
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Ok so im accuretly outting in my food... eating less then 1700 cals n working out 5 days a week if not more... so what woukd u say is my reason if it isn't for my hormonal imbalance? Like my DOCTOR says... huh

Statistically on MFP, we find a few things: 1. Inaccurate logging, 2. Inconsistent logging or 3. over reporting exercise calories.

The last can be eliminated since you don't eat them back.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I dont under report my calories in....... ive said this several times now... i put my food in accurately

Any chance you would open your diary so we can make recommendations?

Like I mentioned prior, its possible you need to lower carbs or something. Until we collect all the data it will be hard to pinpoint exactly what we would change.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Ill open it... today n yesterday ill admit im over in sodium but im drinking alot of water
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I thought you were weighing everything? The things in the last week of your diary are not input as weight measurements. Like "2 slice" when referring to the pizza. There's no way to tell if the guy at the store who cut it perfectly cut the star into it, meaning 2 slices could be drastically different from the left side of the pizza than the right side. I also see the muffins, bars, none of which are weighed, or rather, to be fair to you, you may be weighing, but they aren't input into the log as having been weighed. Are you, for example, weighing the one bar and dividing in half by gram? Cause that's a different story, and wouldn't appear to be weighed in the log even if you did. And I do see that a few weeks prior, the things are clearly and obviously weighed, at least most of them...
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    The 4 slices of pizza is tge entire pizza for a deep dish therefore doesnt need to b measured... n the bar i put half when i only actually had a quarter of it
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    And all of them which i just looked at doesnt give options to put in at grams or ounces... if anything i put in a hair more then i consume... 2 muffins which was actually coffee cake was a small square... all it allows mw to put is 1 muffin or container...
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    N i usually put stuff down as meals like my egg salad for tonight was recipes which i put ij everything including the 1tbsp webers mustard, 2tbsp mayo 4eggs (which is 3eggs) n bread... i over estimate if amything not under put... i put things in as accuratly as the app allows... things like the eggs i put extra to cover the size if one is bigger then what it looks
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Okay. Your turkey stir fry and beef mac and other things like them. How are you determining their calorie content and serving sizes? Have you put those into the recipe builder yourself or using existing entries which you have no way of knowing the accuracy of? If you have input the recipe have you weighed all of the ingredients on a food scale and then weighed you "1 serving" or "2 servings" out?

I see cups used for solids like cheese. Cups can be hugely inaccurate, especially for calorie dense items like cheese where every gram counts.

I can see a lot of potential logging errors and that's only from looking at a few days.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    What i would do: significantly reduce your carb intake. I know very few women with pcos who do well on a high carb diet. Drop the red bull and soda (i prefer to not drink calories). More proteins (chicken, beef, lamb, tuna, etc...) and more fats (full fat dairy, legumes, peanut butter and fish). More veggies and lower sugar fruits.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And i never eat back my calories... Saturday is my cheat day n ill maybe go up to 1900-2100 cals... but doing that once a week shouldn't effect me to this extent...

I looked at your diary and you are eating a lot more than you think.

You actually are eating back your exercise calories some days. If you don't want MFP to give them to you, manually replace the number of calories with 0 when you log your exercise.

On Saturday, you ate 2,451 calories and on Sunday you ate 2,260 calories.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I'm out.
    It is your logging that if way off despite you continuously stating accuracy.

Cheers, h.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Have you started to modify your macros (less carbs). Most women find much more such when lowering their carbs to 140g or less depending on the severity of their pcos....

If you want, you can start a structured lifting program like strong curves, NROL4W or strong lift as this will provide you a platform to maximize strength gains.

Ultimately, weight loss will mainly come down to calories. And since the average trained person under reports calories in and over reports calories out, that is one place to start.

I would possibly recommend joining the PCOS as many of the people can provide much greater level of specialized support. Normally, I would link but am on my phone.
    psulemon wrote: »
    What i would do: significantly reduce your carb intake. I know very few women with pcos who do well on a high carb diet. Drop the red bull and soda (i prefer to not drink calories). More proteins (chicken, beef, lamb, tuna, etc...) and more fats (full fat dairy, legumes, peanut butter and fish). More veggies and lower sugar fruits.

@charmedbrat assuming last Thursday's entry, where you just logged Red Bull and beef mac, is correct, you averaged 210 carbs per day over the last week. Many posters here with PCOS say reducing their carbs has helped them lose weight.

• charmedbrat
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I put in my recipes as i made it... usimg ounces because i made it... n i said i do go over occasionally... wow 2 days in a few weeks im over... theres my problem... im over 2 whole days cuz it was my cheat day then leftovers the next regardless of me being active... thats my whole problem...seriously... things r put in as accuratly as myfitness app will let mw... i over put things in alot... but i highly doubr im missinf 500-1000 calories a day causing me to gain n lose the same 3lbs...
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    And besides my 2 cheat days i dont eat back my calories... im suppose to eat 1770cals... i change it to 1600... but mfp says 1770... any other day im under...
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    When it says half like my mac n cheese that is weighed out...
  • psuLemon
    Options
    We are trying to help you. No one is being rude or anything but pointing out some inaccuracies in your diet. Why are you so unwilling to look at this as advice? We are recommending cleaning up some logging (which every single one of us have had to do) and modify your foods for greater success based on pcos.