Need a change in routine

Options

Replies

• charmedbrat
    charmedbrat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Things r put in as accuretly as possible cuz certain foods only allow one way to b put in... but i dont see any way possible that im missing hundreds of calories... no way possible
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Things r put in as accuretly as possible cuz certain foods only allow one way to b put in... but i dont see any way possible that im missing hundreds of calories... no way possible

Did you say if you used a food scale? Sorry if i missed it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Your not losing weight, it's more than possible
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

While she says she is using a food scale, her entries didn't look she she does all the time.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I put in my recipes as i made it... usimg ounces because i made it... n i said i do go over occasionally... wow 2 days in a few weeks im over... theres my problem... im over 2 whole days cuz it was my cheat day then leftovers the next regardless of me being active... thats my whole problem...seriously... things r put in as accuratly as myfitness app will let mw... i over put things in alot... but i highly doubr im missinf 500-1000 calories a day causing me to gain n lose the same 3lbs...

Look, I wasn't trying to diary-shame you, just pointing out that your diary is telling a different story than what you are. It's not just you - studies show that people time after time underestimate what they eat.

I was going to add up the whole week and do the math on your deficit, but you have unfortunately closed your diary again. What's your average calorie per day for the last week? Did you really just have Red Bull and beef mac on Thursday?

I was also going to ask you to temporarily change your Sodium nutrient to Fiber. You may have an easier time sticking to your calorie deficit if you eat more fiber. Your food looked low in fiber to me, but I wanted to see actual numbers rather than guessing.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You closed you diary again so I couldn't go back and see if your entry choices for more generic things could be off. You also haven't addressed how often you're using cups to measure solids. Or made mention of the possibility of trying to reduce your carb intake to address some issues that may be linked to your PCOS.

I don't really know what else you want from this. Changing your exercise routine will make very little difference to weight loss, it all boils down to what you put in your mouth.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

While she says she is using a food scale, her entries didn't look she she does all the time.

The more i think about it, the less i would be worried about little inaccuracies in her logging practices at the current time. Based on the OPs stats and medical issue, i would suggest getting her carb intake under control before getting meticulous with her logging.

I would note, I wouldn't have a cheat day but rather a cheat meal. I know i can easily wipe out my weekly deficit with just one day.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Yes i have a food scale... yes i only had redbull n beefy mac tyat day... i dont eat that much i havs little to no appetite... i closed my diary because i keep telling u i put things in as best as tye app lets me my husband sitting next to me says when he doea the measuring when he cooks everything i put is accurate as he just looked over my diary... u guys dont get it im sick of explaining myself over and over again...things r measured as best as possible believe it ir not...it says i need to eat 2800 cala to maintain my weight... so there is absolutely no way i should b gaining anything...
  • kshama2001
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

The more i think about it, the less i would be worried about little inaccuracies in her logging practices at the current time. Based on the OPs stats and medical issue, i would suggest getting her carb intake under control before getting meticulous with her logging.

I would note, I wouldn't have a cheat day but rather a cheat meal. I know i can easily wipe out my weekly deficit with just one day.

Yes, I think she would benefit tremendously by swapping out pizza, ice cream, pancakes, etc., for lower carb foods.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    My average for a week btw is 1711.428
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Yes i have a food scale... yes i only had redbull n beefy mac tyat day... i dont eat that much i havs little to no appetite... i closed my diary because i keep telling u i put things in as best as tye app lets me my husband sitting next to me says when he doea the measuring when he cooks everything i put is accurate as he just looked over my diary... u guys dont get it im sick of explaining myself over and over again...things r measured as best as possible believe it ir not...it says i need to eat 2800 cala to maintain my weight... so there is absolutely no way i should b gaining anything...

We are listening but it doesnt seem that you are willing to take some of the advice. Its nothing to get upset about because professionals themselves are inaccurate. But its ok. And we can move on.

And seriously with your condition, carbs are not your friend. That needs to be your main area to concentrate on, IMO. And this is in line with the obgyn and endochrologist that my wife saw.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Besides my cheat pizza my usual foods fit into my calories... i will cut back on carbs tho... im alotted 349 carbs so how many should i b eating tyen
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2016
    Options

Besides my cheat pizza my usual foods fit into my calories... i will cut back on carbs tho... im alotted 349 carbs so how many should i b eating tyen

You should probably modify your dairy set up to increase protein and fats and lower carbs.

I would probably do around 30% carbs, 40% fats and 30% protein.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    Tho im happy im not getting yelled at for my redbull... lol... its pretty much my only caffeine n its beforw the gym
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The 349 is just a default. MFP doesn't know about your medical condition.

There is a PCOS group I believe which you can look for and who will no doubt be able to give you great advice.

And a tip, a friendly one, you don't need to use the first thing that comes up on the database, I often g hunting for entries with 1g as an option. I also cross reference between the packaging and the database entry because they can be very wrong.
  • kshama2001
    Options

You should probably modify your dairy set up to increase protein and fats and lower carbs.

I would probably do around 30% carbs, 40% fats and 30% protein.

@charmedbrat - you can change your macros here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals/daily_nutrition_goals
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    I scan my products n put in as best as i can
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Tho im happy im not getting yelled at for my redbull... lol... its pretty much my only caffeine n its beforw the gym

There are some lower calorie and carb options for preworkout drinks that you could look into. Or if you can stand the taste, go diet. Other options are teas.

Either way, caffeine doesnt work for everyone. I am one of those. Could drink a gallon of ice tea and go right to be.... and yes, i have done that lol.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis

Here is the link to the pcos group.
  • charmedbrat
    Options
    My redbull is not negotiable... ive tried to cut it out n the migraines were unbearable.... but im willing to change other foods... i just have a hard time finding food i like... im not a fan of alot of veggies besides broccoli or corn... chicken, turjey n venison is what my meats normally are...