any other not-that-heavy girls trying to lose more weight?

Options

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ugh, im frustrated even though im so close. I tried to eat at maintenance for a month and then go for another 2 pounds, but it's like my body is rebelling. I'm so tired and keep overeating at night. The voice inside my head justifies it by reminding me how everyone says I'm so skinny, and are now suggesting I put on weight. I pretty much like how I look but I guess I have a number in my head.

My initial goal was 118 and I've pretty much reached it (some days less, some days more), but I don't want to claim it until I'm consistently 118 or below, so I am aiming for 116. I am 5 3" and small framed (but with big legs). I dont know if I should be more strict with myself or listen to my body for a little while (which seems to want me to regain :grumble: ).

Advice?
  • nurseenf
    nurseenf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 146lbs...BMI says I'm in the healthy range, but I would like to get down to at least 140. I have been stuck at 146 for a couple wks and I am getting super frustrated.
  • jenuwine
    Options
    ooo good thread!
    I'm 156cm and 66kgs, wanting to drop about 10kgs. BMI currently says obese, so looking to ump into the middle of the healthy bracket :laugh:

its hard to loose just that last bit isnt it?!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    hey everyone, i'm not trying to loose weight anymore i'm just trying not to put it on again! which happens really very very easily! i'm 5'1" and around 93 pounds and i love using mfp to help me make healthy food and portion size choices and to hold me accountable to do some form of exercise everyday!
  • nicjane113
    Options
    I'm 22 and 5ft5 and have always been slim until I left school and got a job in an office sitting at a desk all day and the weight crept on a little!
    I am around 135 lbs (just over 9 and a half stone) but want to be around 125lbs to feel better about myself as any weight I put on goes onto my stomach! I want to get my flat stomach back!

My biggest thing was eating rubbish and not exercising enough!

I now have a 30g bowl of bran flakes for breakfast with a little semi-skimmed milk
    A tin of weight watchers soup for lunch and a ryvita cracker with philadelphia spread
    and basically whatever I want for my tea (within reason)
    I've been trying to stick to mfp recommendation of 1220 calories per day, drinking plenty of water throughout the day so I don't get hungry and not eating anything at night after my tea.
    I've also started doing a 40 minute bike run every week

I do feel better in myself and have lost around 1 lb so far - so hopefully if I keep it up, i'll lose the rest in a couple of months
    Although I am going on holiday next week and don't plan to stick to y diet then lol
    Good luck everyone
  • rachel802003
    Options
    Nicjane - you're very similar to me (except I'm 30 and an inch shorter :)). My weight has crept up over the last few years partly due to sitting around at work all day too. I was around 135lbs and have lost a few. I'm also aiming to get under 9 stone - around 120-125lb would be good.

Enjoy your holiday!
  • rachelcordova
    Options
    I feel like I maybe sort of/kinda of fit in with this group. I'm 5'4", and currently 146 lbs. By most BMI charts, that's just like a pound overweight, but I wear a medium/small tops and size 8 jeans. My goal is to get to 120 or a comfortable size 4 - not sure how much I would have to weigh for that... so i just say 120ish.

Anyway. Nice to meet you all :)
  • dskline1
    Options
    Hi there....your stats are just a bit off of mine...you are 2 inches taller and 16 YEARS younger lol!! but our body shapes are very similiar. I was very athletic growing up and consider my thighs and calves to be huge!! It has been my experience that hiking (variable terrain) or hiking in a local park that offers hills and such has worked wonders for my legs and butt!!! Plus, with being outside, I hardly feel like I am working out. I am fortunate that I have many vigorous trails around me in the woods, but really, even a school track would work if you walked a lap then ran a few sets of stairs, then repeated. Again, this is just what I have found to work for my short frame. I also do tons of lunges and such - I will usually do walking ones as a warm up before hiking/walking. Good Luck and I am also hoping that you are able to get in those calories!! Running around after a little one plus doing exercising is sure to burn through 1200 pretty quick!!!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'6" and started this website at 150 lbs. I don't consider myself fat, but I do consider myself chubby. 150 is a healthy weight according to calculating my BMI, but it is at the heavy range of normal. Plus, I have a lot of bodyfat. So I'm shooting to lose 25 pounds, just because that's the weight I think I'm meant to be...hopefully, most will be bodyfat.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ugh, im frustrated even though im so close. I tried to eat at maintenance for a month and then go for another 2 pounds, but it's like my body is rebelling. I'm so tired and keep overeating at night. The voice inside my head justifies it by reminding me how everyone says I'm so skinny, and are now suggesting I put on weight. I pretty much like how I look but I guess I have a number in my head.

My initial goal was 118 and I've pretty much reached it (some days less, some days more), but I don't want to claim it until I'm consistently 118 or below, so I am aiming for 116. I am 5 3" and small framed (but with big legs). I dont know if I should be more strict with myself or listen to my body for a little while (which seems to want me to regain :grumble: ).

Advice?

Cutmd, I read a post about maintaining. This person recommended moving off the losing numbers slowly or you would gain a little weight. If you just jump up to your maintenance calories you can be adding so many calories that your body thinks you want to gain. He recommended going .5lbs at a time. So if you were at 1.5lbs loss switch to 1lbs loss for one month and then to .5lbs loss for a month and then go to your maintenance calories. It really made sense to me, so I started now, because I'm so close to my goal, I moved to .5lbs loss and in a month I'm going to go to a custom setting of just under my maintenance calories. The nice thing is your aware of a problem at 2lbs. Thanks for sharing maintenance info I really need to hear about it now that I'm almost there. WooHoo.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I've got 33 lbs to lose still. I'm not too heavy, I just need that little extra to feel good about myself. I just started not long ago, so I'm hoping all this will come of in the next 5-6 months.
  • dskline1
    Options
    Hi there....your stats are just a bit off of mine...you are 2 inches taller and 16 YEARS younger lol!! but our body shapes are very similiar. I was very athletic growing up and consider my thighs and calves to be huge!! It has been my experience that hiking (variable terrain) or hiking in a local park that offers hills and such has worked wonders for my legs and butt!!! Plus, with being outside, I hardly feel like I am working out. I am fortunate that I have many vigorous trails around me in the woods, but really, even a school track would work if you walked a lap then ran a few sets of stairs, then repeated. Again, this is just what I have found to work for my short frame. I also do tons of lunges and such - I will usually do walking ones as a warm up before hiking/walking. Good Luck and I am also hoping that you are able to get in those calories!! Running around after a little one plus doing exercising is sure to burn through 1200 pretty quick!!!

woops...this was in response to hatf's initial comment on page 9 I believe...sorry for the confusion. :)
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2'' and begun in MFP with 119 lbs. I want to be 106 lb, wich was my weight last year!, I have lost 4 lbs, and I'm currently 114.4 lb....I hope to lose this weight before christmas, because I think all of you understand what passes in that date, with all those yummy foods and desserts...so, let go get it girls!:wink:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    seems like you should be able to weigh the same as you did last year! gets harder when you've had a little extra for a long time! it's not impossible, but it's hard. I guess I like food and beer more than I like getting to my goal weight!
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and im just trying to lose 13 pounds to get down to 110 or 105 would be nice :}
  • xcbballuver
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and im just trying to get lose 13 pounds to get down to 110 or 105 would be nice :}
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" about 124 pounds and I'm trying to lose a few more pounds WHILE trying to avoid gaining the Freshmen 15.
    My goal weight as of how is 120. I'm losing me weight in small goals instead of going straight to my ultimate goal, which is about 115-118.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" about 124 pounds and I'm trying to lose a few more pounds WHILE trying to avoid gaining the Freshmen 15.
    My goal weight as of how is 120. I'm losing me weight in small goals instead of going straight to my ultimate goal, which is about 115-118.

The good news is you probably have access to a world class gym and universities/ colleges usually offer all kinds of wonderful fitness classes. Bad news is you have to avoid the on campus taco bell and all you can eat cafeteria you're in business. Good luck with your goals.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    hey! how is everyone doing? i am doing well this week, well so far! i lost 0.3lbs last week so i tried this week to eat all my calories plus at least half of my exercise calories and i am already losing weight:) i weigh myself daily, but my official weigh in is tuesdays. does anyone take rest days? i wasn't planning too but yesterday i was feeling sick and decided to use a rest day. its good for your body right? so i am thinking maybe 1 day a week. i really don't want to do anymore than 2 because then i will fall off my exercise routine, lol. anyways, thanks for all your help! have a great friday:)
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with that. Actually I had been on one lb and did a month of 0.5, not really maintenance. But I didn't lose anything so I figured I'd go back to the 1lb until I reached 116, then try again. In general I don't seem to lose like calories in and out, I'll be really good with my cals set to lose a pound but then I won't have lost one at the end of the week, or really anything over several weeks :frown: