any other not-that-heavy girls trying to lose more weight?

Options

Replies

• runnerBee
    Options
    brenda and sparkle - I have the same problem! Asked my doc and apparently it is genetic and the MOST stubborn kind of fat to get rid of. Basically just have to get your overall bodyfat % down... easier said than done!

Well that blows :( Overall body fat % is just eat less and cardio, right? Obviously this is my first time getting serious about getting healthy so I am pretty dumb about everything :D

My mom never had a poochy belly though (even after 3 kids!) :( She has wide hips, which I don't have. Maybe she found me in the trash as a baby XD jk!

A person can get rid of stubborn belly fat. I did last year with p90x. But I'm telling you, unless you do nothing but exercise, it's hard to maintain the intensity of p90x everyday for a year. So the belly fat came back with a vengeance. i'm trying to lose the belly fat and it NOT return. Hopefully, the 30 Day shred will help along with the running. I cheat once a week but that's usually after a 12 mile run or sometimes after a good 4-5 mile run.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    A person can get rid of stubborn belly fat. I did last year with p90x. But I'm telling you, unless you do nothing but exercise, it's hard to maintain the intensity of p90x everyday for a year. So the belly fat came back with a vengeance. i'm trying to lose the belly fat and it NOT return. Hopefully, the 30 Day shred will help along with the running. I cheat once a week but that's usually after a 12 mile run or sometimes after a good 4-5 mile run.

I don't even know what any of that means :bigsmile: I just walk 20-25min to and from work and will have to walk a bit to/from school starting in a few weeks. There isn't really anywhere to exercise here (living in the city in Taiwan) so I really don't know what else to do :/ I am trying to start adding some simple Pilates to my day (100s, single leg stretch) and bicycle crunches and plank pose, but space is very limited so only not-moving-around floor exercises for me :grumble: but it is better than nothing! I get lower back pain very easily because my pelvis tilts towards the back (which is another reason all the fat hangs in the front) so floor exercises are actually already very difficult to me :sad:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, I did it-I switched my cals from "lose" to "maintain" but I think I am going to try and mix it up some, mixing 1200 cal days with 1400 cal days.
    My other challenges haven't been going so well! I have stuck to the Gateway to 8k 3 days each week, but have not worked in any strength training. I have mostly stuck to 3 or fewer drinks per day but there was on night I had 4 and 2 of the drinks were beers.
    Next week looks bad for working out. I have monday off, so I can work out then, but Tuesday I volunteer, selling raffle tickets in a bar, so I hafta drink then! Friday I am seeing some friends and Monday is a tailgate fundraiser and I am in charge of getting the kegs!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    well, I did it-I switched my cals from "lose" to "maintain" but I think I am going to try and mix it up some, mixing 1200 cal days with 1400 cal days.
    My other challenges haven't been going so well! I have stuck to the Gateway to 8k 3 days each week, but have not worked in any strength training. I have mostly stuck to 3 or fewer drinks per day but there was on night I had 4 and 2 of the drinks were beers.
    Next week looks bad for working out. I have monday off, so I can work out then, but Tuesday I volunteer, selling raffle tickets in a bar, so I hafta drink then! Friday I am seeing some friends and Monday is a tailgate fundraiser and I am in charge of getting the kegs!

Congrats on the maintenance. I can't wait to join you. :drinker:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ack, I'm starting to get discouraged. Every time I get exposed to gluten I have to lose the same 3 lbs over again (not to mention fight off the acne). I ate little enough and exercised adequately enough to lose 2 lbs, but only lost one. The weird thing is, I look like I weigh my goal weight again. I can even see more abs poking through when I contract, and my measurements are the same. Maybe I gained muscle? But I want my 118 back! :sad:
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Paige1108
    Options
    ...The weird thing is, I look like I weigh my goal weight again. I can even see more abs poking through when I contract, and my measurements are the same. Maybe I gained muscle? But I want my 118 back! :sad:

I totally get this. I'm really happy with how I look but for some reason I just want to see the number on the scale, even if It's just ounce and I never see it again. I want to know that I did it.

Good luck to you, you'll get there.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and am currently 125. The "average" for that height is 122, but I also have muscle from doing weight training and 10 years of cheerleading my entire child and teen life. My current goal is 115. I have a small stomach pudge that is still working it's way down. I just started exercise in June and have lost over 20 pounds.
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    I am 5'0" and 114...trying to lose the last 9...to be 105. I have been running a lot and doing some strength exercises...but man, those last few are STUBBORN! I finally got down to 106 after my first baby...and took a pregnancy test same day...needless to say, I have 2 very happy healthy boys 18 months apart...just working off the last bit....and getting in shape for the first time in years! It is one thing to be slender...it is another thing all together to be slender and fit!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I got my body fat percentage measured at the gym and it is 21%, seems kinda high for being at my goal weight, but not surprising considering I still have the belly fat. I was thinking about all the girls on this thread and most of us complain about the belly fat and I saw this article-"bye bye belly fat" so I read it of course. at least it wasn't some kind of fad, but it was a little insulting to see their recipe for a flat belly: monitor your caloric intake, watch portion sizes, eat the right kinds of fats, and exercise regularly.
    wow, sounds like magic:tongue:
  • IRun24
    IRun24 Posts: 30
    Options
    I got my body fat percentage measured at the gym and it is 21%, seems kinda high for being at my goal weight, but not surprising considering I still have the belly fat. I was thinking about all the girls on this thread and most of us complain about the belly fat and I saw this article-"bye bye belly fat" so I read it of course. at least it wasn't some kind of fad, but it was a little insulting to see their recipe for a flat belly: monitor your caloric intake, watch portion sizes, eat the right kinds of fats, and exercise regularly.
    wow, sounds like magic:tongue:

HA! Figures, right?

And congrats on meeting your goal! I'm jealous. :tongue:
  • Paige1108
    Options
    WooHoo!!!!!!!! I reached my goal. I'm so thrilled. I'm going to track my maintenance for at least 6 months, but maybe forever, so you can't get rid of me that easily. Just wanted to share my happy dance. Good luck everyone on your continuing journeys.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I think I need to stick to posting on this thread alone... I've been getting so much flak latetly about my goal weight! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has set a low goal (still in my healthy weight range!!!!!).

I think the hardest thing for me, when I hear people saying I don't need to lose so much weight is that I start to believe them. It's hard sometimes to get motivated to lose the weight when I'm already 125. But it's a fat 125.... I want to start wearing the jeans in my bottom drawer this winter season!!! I'm impatient and want results faster than I can get them :( but I know that slow and steady will eventually win the race :)
  • amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good thread! I need to lose 22 pounds to get down to my goal of 120.
  • avgulik
    avgulik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    GREAT Thread! I started MFP at a healthy range as well - 5' 4" 132 lbs. I've lost 11 pounds and have 9 to go to get to my goal of 112. My goal is to be on the lower side of the 'healthy' range and to be physically fit so I have lots of energy at work and home.

It is definately tough to get rid of the last 10 lbs - even the first 11 lbs has taken me 3 months to lose. I feel great though, more energized and looking forward to achieving my goal.

Good luck to all on your lifestyle journeys!:happy:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Welcome Av and Amanda! Makes me realize it took me over 7 months to lose 7 pounds so it was a slow process for me, for sure. How did you do it, Av?
    I stuck to 1200 cals most of the time and tried different workouts-I did the 30 day shred for 30 days but I did not really see any weightloss. I think couch to 5k was good for me. And I have developed much better eating habits since joining MFP.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I think the hardest thing for me, when I hear people saying I don't need to lose so much weight is that I start to believe them. It's hard sometimes to get motivated to lose the weight when I'm already 125. But it's a fat 125.... I want to start wearing the jeans in my bottom drawer this winter season!!! I'm impatient and want results faster than I can get them :( but I know that slow and steady will eventually win the race :)

I hate that! When people who are fatter than me say "you don't need to lose weight" it just makes me think they are scared because THEY are not losing weight. I did not look fat at 145lb/64kg, but now that I have lost 6kg, I look better than I did at 64kg. I need to work on the "getting fit" part so I can be proud of my body, but it is so easy to just give in!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I know, I feel the same way when I turn down fried food and I get the "what? are you on a diet?!" I just say I am trying to eat healthier, or if I don't drink I just say I am working out later. I think people would rather think it is hard to be/stay/get thin.
  • amccabe110
    amccabe110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations to everyone who reached their goals!!
  • luvHim
    luvHim Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just curious...how many cals do you all eat to be losing the last five pounds? I'm trying to stick to 1200 plus exercise cals, but it's hard. I get so irritable, weak, and hungry. :( I'm 5'4" and I have been hanging around 120 lbs., 121 for months now. I have 5 kids and that always seems to be the number my body comes back to after babies. Is it possible to go lower? I wanted to get to 115, but maybe I can't....at least without feeling horrible.