any other not-that-heavy girls trying to lose more weight?

Options

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    your computer does not have a dvd player either?
    I heard exercisetv.com has a lot of workouts.

No. I only have a netbook ^^;
    I am already using exercisetv.tv, but I was asking for new suggestions so I don't get bored! I get workout ADD really badly and usually last only about 10 minutes before getting bored... so I have mostly been using the quick workouts on exercisetv.tv and the dance cardio because the dance ones are interesting enough to hold my attention for 20 minutes :bigsmile:

Have you tried body rock tv on you tube? There are also a lot of other workouts on you tube. You could also do simple book routines. Jillian Michaels has a nice book called "Making the Cut", which is all about losing that last 5-20lbs. It has a lot of mainly body weight and free weight exercises you can do.

Welcome Hollyhock and Jordan!

I find it harder to lose with hubby around. He makes bountiful rich Jamaican food that I can only estimate the calories in and eats like a horse. He also feels diet is unnecessary if you are working out, so he encourages me to eat up. Meanwhile, he has a 6 pack :grumble: I try to tell myself to eat less than him, but even half as much is a lot when it comes to my weakness of coconut rice. :tongue: I tend to diet more when he's out of town and since he works out a lot I try to workout extra in those days.

I guess another simple way to cut calories is just to not eat the carb. I can't do that when it comes to rice so I just try to measure and plan for it. :ohwell:

My weight bounced back up 2lbs, i got to stop weighing myself :explode: But my clothes are loose and hubby commented i look smaller. So who knows?
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm not very heavy, and in my healthy range. A lot of my friends actually weigh more than me, but I'd like to be able to wear a swimsuit without feeling self-concious, and say my weight when rude people ask without lying.

I know I'll always be curvy, though. Boobs and hips.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Have you tried body rock tv on you tube? There are also a lot of other workouts on you tube

Thanks! I searched it and found the BodyRock websit *u* Lots of new things to try! Also found some Veena and Neena belly dance workouts on YouTube :smile: awesome~

I have heard that Health is 70% diet and 30% exercise :o So even if your hubby isn't gaining weight, what he is eating may not be healthy either! I have the same problem with carbs/rice :grumble:
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hollyhock and Jordan!

I find it harder to lose with hubby around. He makes bountiful rich Jamaican food that I can only estimate the calories in and eats like a horse. He also feels diet is unnecessary if you are working out, so he encourages me to eat up. Meanwhile, he has a 6 pack :grumble: I try to tell myself to eat less than him, but even half as much is a lot when it comes to my weakness of coconut rice. :tongue: I tend to diet more when he's out of town and since he works out a lot I try to workout extra in those days.

I guess another simple way to cut calories is just to not eat the carb. I can't do that when it comes to rice so I just try to measure and plan for it. :ohwell:

My weight bounced back up 2lbs, i got to stop weighing myself :explode: But my clothes are loose and hubby commented i look smaller. So who knows?

Thanks for the welcome! When i make dinner now i give my OH like 2/3rds and i only eat 1/3rd of what i make which is better! And i have managed to loose 4lbs in the first week (which i kinda don't believe i don't feel like i'v lost it!! But when i look in the mirror my tummy doesn't stick out as much!)
    I have been walking 4 times a week and doing my workout dvd once a week which i did for an hour! its a ministry of sound one!
    How is everyone else doing?
  • ME02134
    Options
    hey i am so glad to find this thread. i always have to keep dieting a secret because of the rolling of the eyes, and "why? you look fine" looks from people. And dieting without anyone else holding you accountable is SO hard. I have 10 pounds to lose. I've already lost 4, and want to get down to 140. I'm in the healthy range (at 151, I'm 5'8") but I could stand to lose weight. I just don't feel comfortable

Here are two issues that was hoping for any advice:

1) weekend eating! I have a problem of thinking Friday night through Sunday afternoon "doesn't count" or something, and end up erasing so much work during the week. I want to go out, drink, have fun with my friends, but a night out usually involves a lot of alcohol and then a eating fest around 3 in the morning. Any tricks people have? Or is it just plain willpower here?

2) I have a boyfriend who eats TERRIBLE, yet he is actually losing weight. He's gotten so skinny, it is so frustrating. We spend a lot of time together, and it's really hard to not start adopting his eating habits. Anyone have advice on being with a significant other who isn't dieting?

I am in the EXACT same boat as you! My boyfriend has lost about 20 lbs and is at a good healthy level and I am not loosing a thing! He doesnt diet he just does the elliptical. (I swear guys have it easier) I am trying to eat healthier and workout consistently but no results yet. The weekends are totally my weakness-- I go out and then all I want to do is eat because I'm hungover and when I'm hungover I am never thinking about eating healthy. Maybe we can inspire each other to stay on track! I have the last football game this weekend so it'll be really hard but I have got to do something about the weekends! Oh yeah and this week I told him I'm cooking so I have control over what we're eating!
  • danielle0400
    danielle0400 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I'd like to hit 126 by early Spring... The last few pounds seem to be the hardest by far!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Started at 190lb 2 years ago, down to 144 (havent gone up yet thankfully) however I want to make it down to 120-130 to reduce pcos symptoms. Just want to be midhealthy range, then see how symptoms are to pcos to see if I will be happy.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    guys do have it easier but it's really all the math, again! A guy who is 6 feet tall can eat 2600 cals/day to maintain 200 lbs, if they wanted to lose they could consume 2000 cals/day and have a 600 calorie deficit. course, our ideal weight will never be 200 lbs!
    My dad can just stop eating chocolate and loses a couple of extra pounds!
    I am back to gateway to 8k this week after taking last week off for my stomach virus. I need to be exercising, it is a lot of yummy eating around here, First Bite Boulder is this restaurant week where you can have three courses for $25. Last night we went to Greenbriar and had caesar salad, filet mignon and pumpkin cheesecake. Tonight I had salad, beef strudel and chocolate terrine. It's all very fancy and gormet, the portions are tiny but so yummy!
  • beccajoh
    Options
    Men naturally have more muscle than women, which is what burns the calories. Plus if they're 50% heavier than you are at a healthy weight, then they're obviously going to need to eat more!

I'm 5ft 3 tall, currently 136lbs and just a bit too 'cuddly' for my liking! More than anything I just want to get rid of the muffin top, and get some weight off my boobs (I'll gladly share as I've got too much, and it's a nightmare - anyone want some??!) I'm aiming for 126lbs to begin with, but eventually would like to get that down under the 120lbs mark I think.
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Men naturally have more muscle than women, which is what burns the calories. Plus if they're 50% heavier than you are at a healthy weight, then they're obviously going to need to eat more!

I'm 5ft 3 tall, currently 136lbs and just a bit too 'cuddly' for my liking! More than anything I just want to get rid of the muffin top, and get some weight off my boobs (I'll gladly share as I've got too much, and it's a nightmare - anyone want some??!) I'm aiming for 126lbs to begin with, but eventually would like to get that down under the 120lbs mark I think.

Can i have some of your boobs please???
    I am 5ft 3 aswell and started off at 141lbs and i lost 4lbs so now i am 137 I know wot you mean about the 'too cuddly' for your liking bit me too!!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    my husband maintains 145 - 150 without even trying. he eats fast food every day, loves butter, drinks regular soday, sweetened teas, starbucks, etc on a regular basis. I tell him it will eventually catch up with him!!!! it sucks because i feel like if i have 1 bad day I gain 5 lbs. I know it's not true, that it's water retention, but still! I'm scared that when I get to my goal weight it's going to be a pain to maintain. i feel like I will be counting calories for the rest of my life!
  • doomedmoon
    Options
    I'm 106 but very short. I'm trying to slowly get to 98 pounds or so:)
  • skinnymini9
    Options
    Yes! I'm 122...I just want to lose 10 pounds for me. To feel good. I'm very athletic and I also want to do it for my sport.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am in love with this thread :) I am 5'2" and 120lbs ish. I'm pretty muscular and my waist is 26.5" I just want to get down to whatever weight gives me slimmer legs and a 25" waist :) I have learned that it is SO diet as well as working out that will get me to my goal. I'm trying to stay at 1200-1300 cals/day and work out 5x per week... and I'm trying to make these workouts COUNT! My diet is pretty clean I don't eat junk and I cook most of my food. I've also found that a BALANCED diet speeds up weight loss, so as soon as I started eating complex carbs and good fats again (about 3 weeks ago) I have really seen some results.

I want the flat abs, the wrinkled up stomach when I stretch instead of rolls, the sexy toned legs and nice back ya know ;-)? At this point I'm toning and trying to shave off those few lbs of fat. I am excited to check back with this thread and let you know what I weigh as soon as I am happy with how I look :) I don't really like the scale so my plan is to take measurements and when I reach the body type I want, jump on the scale and see what it says :)

Good luck everyone!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6" and currently 142 lbs. i was 122 lbs last year and was still a little flabby, so i am aiming for that weight, maybe more or less depending how heavy my muscles are gonna be! probably less though, so perhaps 115 lbs.

yeah.. don't ask me how i gained 20 lbs : ( it's bad. if anyone wants to add me! please do!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well it seems I'm hanging around with 140lbs. So I my goal is to be at 138 by Monday so I can make it to 130 by January.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I am in love with this thread :) I am 5'2" and 120lbs ish. I'm pretty muscular and my waist is 26.5" I just want to get down to whatever weight gives me slimmer legs and a 25" waist :) I have learned that it is SO diet as well as working out that will get me to my goal. I'm trying to stay at 1200-1300 cals/day and work out 5x per week... and I'm trying to make these workouts COUNT! My diet is pretty clean I don't eat junk and I cook most of my food. I've also found that a BALANCED diet speeds up weight loss, so as soon as I started eating complex carbs and good fats again (about 3 weeks ago) I have really seen some results.

I want the flat abs, the wrinkled up stomach when I stretch instead of rolls, the sexy toned legs and nice back ya know ;-)? At this point I'm toning and trying to shave off those few lbs of fat. I am excited to check back with this thread and let you know what I weigh as soon as I am happy with how I look :) I don't really like the scale so my plan is to take measurements and when I reach the body type I want, jump on the scale and see what it says :)

Good luck everyone!

Good Luck I want a 25in waist as well, I am 5'2 27 in waist and weight 113.. It's hard to get there but I want flat abs as well. I still have a little pooch left. It's getting there!!! Good Luck
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yup, 25" waist for me...

where are you all measuring for your waist? i always get so confused, especially since today's jeans waistline is at the hips... obviously i'll never have 25" hips! i've been measuring at my bellybutton because it's easy to remember, but i thought that the waistline is technically a couple inches above the belly button. it that is the case I've only got 2 more inches to lose!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    It is above the belly bunton I think we are all close!!! Just takes some time. I set my goal each month to lose an inch a month.!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    your waist is the smallest part of you, wherever that is on your midsection (not your wrist, hehe;), just look in the mirror with your tape measure and wrap it around the part that goes in. My waist is 27 no matter what I weigh.