sizes

Options
1235»

Replies

• andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    1. loathsome - causing or able to cause nausea; "a nauseating smell"; "nauseous offal"; "a sickening stench"
    nauseating, nauseous, noisome, queasy, sickening, vile, offensive
    unwholesome - detrimental to physical or moral well-being; "unwholesome food"; "unwholesome habits like smoking"
    2. loathsome - highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"

why is THIS your name???!!!!

omg i feel so sorry for you...think about changing it...maybe that will help with your root cause
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I weigh 148 I am 5'7'' and wear a size 11 in juniors I have also had 2 kids to where my hips have expanded
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    New York, 5-5, 211 and I weight a 18-20 in pants, in tops I fluctuate depending on the material
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    Just curious. Are these Stretch Jeans? I only wear stretch jeans. :wink:

USA
    5'4"
    145 lbs.
    7/8 stretch - "Dereon" Jeans
    Size 8 in slacks, skirts and dresses :happy:

I have on size 9 - "Sean Johns" jeans today and they are baggy. I'm Apple Shape.

When I started at 185 lbs. I wore a tight 12 (stretch)... Latinas always take it to the "Jeans Limit" :laugh:

BTW, When I worked for Fleet Street on 7th Ave, NYC. If the order was for 10 dozen size 9's and we were short by a few pieces, they would change the size tag to accomodate the order. Deceptive, but I just worked there :ohwell:

I use to like stretch jeans, but after a few wears, they become bigger jeans lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    USA 5'5 202 size 14 but last time I was a size 14 I was around 160 so I don't think it is just height and weight that truely determine size.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    It is so interesting to see all of the different sizes for people that are around the same height and weight. I am 5'9" and 145 and wear between a 6/8, depending on the brand.
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 148 pounds. Most jeans I can wear an 8. Khakis and stuff I can wear a 6. Dresses I can wear a 4. That would be bc I have a tiny waist and some junk in the trunk.
  • MsCoconut
    MsCoconut Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 1/2 about 250 and wear a size 18 :0(
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Are these Stretch Jeans? I only wear stretch jeans. :wink:

USA
    5'4"
    145 lbs.
    7/8 stretch - "Dereon" Jeans
    Size 8 in slacks, skirts and dresses :happy:

I have on size 9 - "Sean Johns" jeans today and they are baggy. I'm Apple Shape.

When I started at 185 lbs. I wore a tight 12 (stretch)... Latinas always take it to the "Jeans Limit" :laugh:

BTW, When I worked for Fleet Street on 7th Ave, NYC. If the order was for 10 dozen size 9's and we were short by a few pieces, they would change the size tag to accomodate the order. Deceptive, but I just worked there :ohwell:

I use to like stretch jeans, but after a few wears, they become bigger jeans lol

Oh Girl, you need to get some good quality stretch jeans. Yes, the ones with less (spandex) will get loose- ewww. But i can tell you I have not had that happen when i buy "name brand" stretch jeans. They don't have to be expensive either... Marshalls :wink:

BTW - I'm a Pear shape. I was thinkin of "Apple Bottom" when I commented I'm an Apple shape. :laugh:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    1. loathsome - causing or able to cause nausea; "a nauseating smell"; "nauseous offal"; "a sickening stench"
    nauseating, nauseous, noisome, queasy, sickening, vile, offensive
    unwholesome - detrimental to physical or moral well-being; "unwholesome food"; "unwholesome habits like smoking"
    2. loathsome - highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust; "a disgusting smell"; "distasteful language"; "a loathsome disease"; "the idea of eating meat is repellent to me"; "revolting food"; "a wicked stench"

why is THIS your name???!!!!

omg i feel so sorry for you...think about changing it...maybe that will help with your root cause

:indifferent:

:ohwell:
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    US size 7, but i do mostly wear juniors, just like the style :) I'm 5'4" 140.
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options

I really cannot wait until I can walk into a store and
    (1) Have it not be Lane Bryant
    (2) Not automatically have to look for the largest size they have

Yeah, that's my goal too! To see something cute and if the store doesn't have a size that fits me, it's THEIR problem, not mine.
  • Sprinkles77
    Options
    5'3 145 lbs I'm a 10 or an 8 in women's 8's are a bit snug though. I can wear 9/10 in juniors, loving Aeropastale now, but it's all brand and style dependent. Example in Levis one style I wear a 10 and it's a bit loose need a belt, but n the lower rise or standard 550 I need a size 12 and fit a bit sung and it looks like there is a freaking arrow pointed to well you know where. I don;t put so much stock in sizes because all manufactured vary. Plus my size 8 is from carrying a bit too much in the middle where my best friend, same exact stats as me, has to wear a size smaller and her weight is in her rear.
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    5'9 132 pounds size 3
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    5'9"
    187lbs
    US 12

(:
  • fchopin42
    fchopin42 Posts: 51
    Options
    5'3"ish... 164 size 12/14.... when I was 117 I was in a 2/4
  • nurseenf
    nurseenf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 157 and wear 10-12. I don't remember the last time I wore an 8. Even when I was 135 I barely fit in an eight. I hate sizes, pay no attention to them.
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this because it always confuses me!
    I'm 5'9" 214lbs and a solid UK size 14 (I think that's about an 8 or something in the US? I'm not sure. lol :) )
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 157 and wear 10-12. I don't remember the last time I wore an 8. Even when I was 135 I barely fit in an eight. I hate sizes, pay no attention to them.

ITA!! Sizes are soooo weird. They either make you feel great or make you feel awful. In higher end jeans I am a lot bigger than in Gap or Old Navy. I have a pair of Old Navy "sweet-heart" jeans that are a baggy size 6??? In True Religion jeans I am a 30, which I believe is a 10. In Lucky's I am a 28/6 or a 29/8 (depends on the cut)...so really just wear what fits you the best and don't pay attention to the size :smile: .