Options

Replies

• runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    February 2016
    01/2 – 11.22 walk

Total: 11.22 km / 180 km

My Garmin watch band broke! I’m taking it to the watch shop tomorrow to see if they can put a new watch pin in (the band has come away from the watch face.. It doesn’t look broken.. Looks like the watch pin has moved and the band can’t stay on).. Although I have been talking to some other runners who had similar things happen and they tell me they had to buy new watch bands for their garmins? Anyone else had this happen? Hopefully I can get it fixed tomorrow… I hate not having something to track my exercise! Hope everyone has had a good start to the month!!

Races:
    9 January – New Year (virtual) 10K DONE! 1:11:58
    6 February – I Love Running (virtual) 10K
    February – Run For Mental Health – 100km
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My first run of the month, 4.3 miles! Might not be a lot but it's my furthest ever run so I'm well happy :)

Great job!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 76 this month. Might be a bit stretching as I have a few things on this month which will get in the way, but, y'know, running!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wtg! That's huge!
    My first run of the month, 4.3 miles! Might not be a lot but it's my furthest ever run so I'm well happy :)

• 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this group is amazing! This place is my main source of motivation, I love reading what everyone else is up to and it's really inspiring me to push myself that little bit harder :)
  • smilelaughlove17
    smilelaughlove17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 45 miles, I've missed it the last two times but I have been within 2-3 miles each time, stuff keeps coming up. I will do it this month!
  • MMillard77
    MMillard77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    55km for me this month YEEHAW!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @kateparry84 - Congrats on the new distance!!
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Goal is 215 miles this month. Continuing the Hanson's Marathon Method training with a few tweaks.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp - wow, can't believe you started running at 55. I mean, I do believe you, of course. Just amazed that you are doing so much running and you only stated then. :) And excited to read that you have improved your speed so much. I started a couple months before turning 53 - been running about 1.5 years now but haven't done any speed work yet.

Feb 1 - 4.27 begin tapering for Sunday. Excited I got to run on the 1st! It's the little things.

exercise.png

2/7 Daytona Beach HM
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    2/1: 6 miles with Joe to Go crew

6 miles at 6 am with the coffee crew! It's funny how quiet the first 3 mile loop is compared to the end of the second... then compared to the coffee talk afterward. I was going to wait and run at 2:30 after class and work, but I'm glad I gave in and went to the group run because now we're forecasted to have rain starting at 2:00. Dodged a bullet there!

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/3: Caesar Rodney Half Marathon
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 75 again. and try to get back up to 13 miles on weekend runs

1-nothing yet, trx hopefully this afternoon

exercise.png

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run
    Feb 13-21 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k
    ?Mar 14-Great Pi Run?
    ?Jun 11-Rock n Sole 5 or 8k? honeymoon might interfere
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Looks like my training plan is calling for 130 miles this month. I'm going to go with a goal of 120 miles (4.9 miles more than I actually ran last month).
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 90.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My marathon training plan (which I've come to start calling my Marathon Training Suggestion), calls for 140 miles this month.

Upcoming Races (Registered & Tentative)

04/16/2016 - Trail Mix 25K - Lake Rebecca Park
    05/14/2016 - Lake Wobegon Marathon - Holdingford, MN
    06/25/2016 - Circle of Life Half Marathon - Lake City, MN
    07/04/2016 - Red Wing July 4th 10K - Red Wing, MN
    07/20/2016 - Torchlight 5K - Minneapolis
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am new to the group. I signed up for the run the year 2016 challenge and am already behind. I am also planning on doing my first ultra 50 miler this fall. I am going to try and stay accountable through this thread. So here goes. February goal is 150 miles.

Thanks, looking forward to running with you all..

I'm doing the Run The Year also. Welcome! Good luck on that Ultra! There are a few guys here in to them.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    In for 95. Good luck all!

@skippygirlsmom - Way to get back to it!
    @kristinegift - WOW!
    @5BeautifulDays - Yay, first HM!!
    @7lenny7 - So, your training plan is like the speed limit? Just a suggestion!

2/1 - Rest day. Semi-planned.

exercise.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time predicting my Feb mileage. I need to stop taking the slacker approach to maintenance running and step up my game a bit. But I also have a ski weekend planned for the last weekend of the month and I am pretty sure that will equate to 4 straight days of zero miles. I think I am going to shoot for 125. January was 106, but I had 10 days of no running with a respiratory infection, so I guess 125 is reasonable.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This month I’m going to focus on making sure I get in 4 days of running a week so with that in mind, I’m PRE-PLANNING my rest days..perhaps I can shame myself into consistency? Program for this month is 2 days “on”, 1 day “off” and making sure either Saturday or Sunday is always a run day (to try and get some longer runs in). Using the 10% weekly boost idea, I’m going with 75 miles as my goal this month.

Newbie welcomes to @ariceroni, @ttaylortulsa, @oceanvixen79, @utekeathley, @Oberon21, @MrsKGrady (at least I *think* you’re a newbie..don’t recall seeing you before)
    @kateparry84: Congrats on the distance PR!

exercise.png
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    2/1: 3 miles, easy, 8:36 pace + 45 min X-Training
    Total: 3 miles

An easy 3 miles to start off the week and the month! Plus it was 36 degrees out and sunny so I was pretty happy :3

exercise.png

Races this month:
    2/20 - Mardi gras chaser 5K