BR - 5X5X 80
    DL-1X5X1 35

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Becca, does the TOPS pledge no longer contain the lines "Even though I overeat in private, my excess poundage is there for all the world to see. How foolish I have been!"? Although I thought it was important to acknowledge that people could see the results of overeating in private, I always thought that part was a little less than supportive. And although I did, not everyone overeats in private. Some do it in openly social situations. I like the new pledge better. It has been years since I went to TOPS, but I still remember that line.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So today I have been in a better place and actually ate a meal verses all of the nutritional drinks I have been trying to keep down. Progress. Know it is still going to be an emotional roller coaster for awhile but at least it is a step in the right direction.
  • relater2000
    relater2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DJ: I have fallen on hidden black ice twice in the past four or five years. I cracked my left wrist the first time, and have a compression fracture of my right radius this time. I want to learn how to fall safely without getting hurt. I've seen some clips on YouTube. One is of a 90 year old man demonstrating how to fall. I would like to find a place nearby where I can learn how to fall safely. We don't get much snow around here, and I really like to be out in it when it does arrive. Unfortunately, hidden ice seems to tag along. :grumble:

I fell on black ice back on February 12, 2010, breaking my right ankle. Then 3 years later, to the day (February 12), I fell on ice (not black this time) and broke my ankle again!

Elaine in Lansing
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Withasmile: Welcome! :flowerforyou: I've met my goal, but I'm still here because I need the discipline of counting my calories. I do not want to go back to where I started. :noway:

CSSJO9: Thanks for a great idea! I'll check to see if there are any gymnastic schools nearby. :smiley:

Sue in WA: Happy belated birthday! :flowerforyou:

Grits: Your story about the horse makes me wonder whether you were a mean girl back then. :wink: So sad about the little boy witnessing his paren'ts murder. What a bright litle guy. I hope he gets the help he needs. :sad:

Kim and Sapphires4me: I haven't heard of a French Spaniel, either, but I have heard of a Brittany Spaniel. Is that what you are talking about? :huh?:

Heather: Your yoga teacher sounds a bit like my original teacher. I adored her. Now I like 2/3 of the teachers. :wink: Your comments on boundaries are very insightful. I find that I am getting better on the issue of being true to my own boundaries, but occasionally fall into a lapse. Those are usually caused by me trying to please a family member. Perhaps it is time for them to please me. :bigsmile:

Sylvia: ACDC is me all over! :laugh:

Sapphires and newbies: Welcome! This is a wonderful group. :flowerforyou:

Miriam: I'm sure the baby dress will do the job for your kitty. I wonder if he'd prefer one with a manly baseball theme. :wink:

Margaret: I'd choose home in your situation, too. I hope you'll let us now if you made the right decision for you. :flowerforyou:

Mary from MN: I've been maintaining for a couple of years. MFP in its wisdom has assigned me 1660 calories per day. I've gone over that once in the last year but am usually below. I eat back part of my exercise calories but not all of them. My weight fluctuates two or three pounds but has remained slightly below my goal weight. I like having a little cushion there. I think my metabolism has shifted upwards from the time I began MFP and I credit increased exercise for the improvement. Drastically curtailing alcohol has had a big part in this puzzle. It adds calories and ends up making me sleepy & inactive. That is my opinion, based on personal experience. Once in a while I imbibe, but not daily or even weekly. I don't like the way my brain goes fuzzy. :noway:

We met with the financial advisor today and went out for lunch. Now DH wants my help preparing stew for dinner. I want to help becasue there is a better chance I'll like the final product. :devil:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    We got about 6 inches of snow so far. Unfortunately I had a fall because Iwent out before the snow fall and I fell on a patch of ice. It doesn't appear I broke anything just sore. Fortunately DH can use the snowblower on our snow.

In honor of the snow time to post a garden picture from summer past.3lykoogdbhxb.jpg
    x7u2dyl0f6p4.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    ok I am channeling you all there are 3 loaves of hot home made bread making my house smell fabulous!!! and I shall not eat them, I shall not eat them, I shall not eat them --- they are for Sunday!!! and tomorrow I need to make 3 more and the same again on Saturday!!!!

But for the record, I love garlic bread, and bread is calorie heavy, as is the butter on it... but I figured if I roast the garlic and then add 3 heads of roasted garlic to a recipe for one loaf of bread, it is full of garlic flavor, and doesn't need butter... so not a calorie cheap food, but better than bread and butter.

I shall not eat it.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    ok I am channeling you all there are 3 loaves of hot home made bread making my house smell fabulous!!! and I shall not eat them, I shall not eat them, I shall not eat them --- they are for Sunday!!! and tomorrow I need to make 3 more and the same again on Saturday!!!!

But for the record, I love garlic bread, and bread is calorie heavy, as is the butter on it... but I figured if I roast the garlic and then add 3 heads of roasted garlic to a recipe for one loaf of bread, it is full of garlic flavor, and doesn't need butter... so not a calorie cheap food, but better than bread and butter.

I shall not eat it.

Home made bread!!! One of the best things ever especially when it is still warm. Never make it anymore since it is just me and I would eat it all.

Anne WI
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog 40min, 9.20ap, 6.3-7-5sp, 159mhr, 140ahr, 4.28mi = 373c
    2 stretches at gym- 5min = 43c
    total cal 417

ap = average pace or minutes per mile
    sp = speed on the treadmill
    mhr = maximum heart rate
    ahr =average heart rate
    mi = miles
    c = calories
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    i had a doc appointment at 2:45pm, i had an appointment to take bullwinkle at3:30. my app. was supposed to be a quick thing and to clear me from weight restriction (which he did, woo hooo!!) i got seen 1 HOUR LATER!!!! thank goodness i was able to move bullwinkle's appointment to 5pm. the doc says i'm doing good and i look fully healed, says just to keep working on my range of motion and if the plate bothers me, he could always take it out., it doesn't so it's staying in. Bullwinkle is looking good, he is glad that she was able to drain on her own, just got to put a warm compress on her scar 2x a day but she's looking good. still wearing the tshirt to make sure she doesn't mess with herself.

so i guess i'll be running another marathon in november. gotta start doing longer distances.

night peeps
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :)PIp,that is good news for you and for Bullwinkle

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif ..Brandy has an infection on her leg that the groomer found on Thursday. The groomer's salon is at the vets office so she had the vet look at it immediately....now Brandy has to have her injury cleaned several times a day and has an antibiotic pill to take twice a day--doses 12 hours apart with food--so in the morning right after the before breakfast walk, I give Brandy her pill in a lump of peanut butter and I can't give peanut butter to Brandy and not give some to Sasha so she gets a lump, too, and then Bernie wants a treat so I pour a treat by his bowl which makes the dogs come into the kitchen to get the dog biscuit they always get when Bernie gets treats.....this same scenario is repeated 12 hours later but Jake is in charge then...this will go on for two weeks.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I know THAT routine, Barbie!

Katla, the kitty has been wearing boy onesies, but the dress had a higher neck so I went with that this morning.

Margaret, love the photos. Great fairy garden. I made one for the neighborhood girls a few years back. I made it portable so they could move it around by putting it into an underdrawer storage box I drilled holes in. They decorated the roof of the house, which was a birdhouse I modified.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Margaret, that is definitely a touch of beauty to brighten up this day. Thanks for posting.

I wimped out and took an Aleve. My legs are sore from yesterday and my right arm is screaming from doing assisted assisted pull ups. Or maybe it's from upping the bicep curls to 10 lbs. wish I had paid more attention in Biology. It's raining here now, so DH is going with me to the gym tomorrow. He has finally decided that is safer to walk inside on the treadmill when the weather is bad.

Now I'm drinking sleepy time tea and contemplating bed. Goodnight, all!
  • CheriGee2
    CheriGee2 Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    - LOL! Love the cougar reference! You go girl!
    Don't remember who posted this reference to my husband's birthday - I'll get the hang of answering one of these days.
    >:) My hubby loved it, too. We have to keep our sense of humor, no matter how old we get.
    Cheri Gee
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, I really can't say that my sleep number helps the bursitis in my hips.It works wonders for the back though.I prefer my bed at sleep number 55. So it's not real hard and not real soft.

Well ladies it's wonderful how a day makes! Nurse practitioner said I couldn't take my usual Advil for the bursitis along with the prednisone so I have had to stay off of it. So today I was able to take it and my oh my what a difference it made. I had to talk myself out of taking a nap but I did it and had tea for supper to keep going but I feel so much better. Still have some congestion in my head and back of my throat but the back is so much better.

AARP/United Health care insurance has a new thing this year. You get $50 every 3 months for over the counter essentials. There is a small catalogue to choose from. I had trouble signing Charlie up so I ordered mine first and got it today. It's nice to get a box full of health supplies free. I got what I thought was going to be wipes like baby wipes for Charlie and they are hand sanitizing wipes. So he is going to try them when his legs are soiled and if the alcohol content in them irritate him we will just have to write it off as a mistake. But it has 160 wipes and I thought it would help. Also for him, the only diapers for specifically for men were washable. That did not interest either one of us so we ordered the generic ones that can fit either men or women. Stool incontinence is completely different than urinary and the need for back coverage is sure different. My man has skinny legs and a small butt so he should wear medium but it doesn't hold all of his mess at times so he wanted me to order both medium and a box of large. So it will be interesting to see how that goes.

While I was down with back, etc I did all the calculating of expenses for doing taxes. But either the place we worked at or the bank the pension checks come from hasn't sent out the W2 forms yet.Last year I filed federal real quick and waited until the very last week until filing the state since we always have to pay.

So that's my story tonight! Oh, it has rained cats and dogs tonight. Some one down the street did something to clog up our street drain because our street was flooded. Us at the other end try to keep our end cleaned out and it rarely floods up this close to our house.It was in our yard.

Nite, nite girls, Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Katla- thanks for the feedback! I'm trying to up calories and still lose. I usually don't eat back exercise calories but I think I've been not eating enough and slowed my metabolism down and don't have any energy and have hit a plateau!

Margaret - I'm sorry you feel! Sending healing prayers your way! We don't have any snow up here! Thanks for the picture of what we have to look forward to!

Pip - you had a very good day! Great news for you and Bulwinkle.

Godmomkim - your bread sounds delicious! Willpower!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Just got home from Springfield. Pooped. It was a good day.

Good night.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    The app I use for a gratitude journal is called Gratitude Journal. I found it on Play Store. It prompts me a couple times a day with a "What are you grateful for today?". Also has a daily quote.

Miriam: Best kitty photo of the year.

Pip: So happy to hear you and Bullwinkle are on the mend.

Heather: Yes, I've made it to Keen's, and will go back again! It's very close to my office. For my birthday a friend treated me to Esca, which specializes in Italian seafood dishes. Definitely a special event.

Today I am grateful for this thread. Have learned alot, laughed alot, and choked up alot, which is what makes life fun and interesting. Thank you, friends, for sharing and caring. I'm humbled and honored to be included in this amazing group.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Where we have about 7 inches of fresh powder on the ground