WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have been doing the 52 week De clutter Challenge. My cupboards are so organised!

x02u1x8hi7qd.jpg
    January 2016 Goals Update Where did the month go?

Start weight: 220lbs (Spring 2014)
    Current weight: 166 (on 1/01)
    Goal weight: 162 (for 31/01)
    Actual Weight: 161
    Weight lost this month: 5 lbs

Daily goals:
    :star: Pre-log/follow through :)
    :star: balance carbs/protein/fat :)
    :star: 8+ cups liquids :)
    :star: 30+ minutes each Strength/flexibility/cardio :)
    :star: 8000+ steps daily :) Well over most days!
    :star: finish eating at 9pm 5/7 days per week :smile: 28/31
    :star: finish eating at 10pm 2/7 days of my choice per week 3/31
    :star: post daily goals/progress - Just for Today :smiley:
    :star: post progress - No Late Night Snacking :smile:
    :star: complete Hogwarts/GoTs/ 12 week weight loss challenges :smile:
    :star: Post weekly progress reports here :sunglasses: 2/4

February 2016 Goals

Start weight: 220lbs (Spring 2014)
    Current weight: 163 (on 1/02)
    Goal weight: 159 (for 29/02)
    Actual Weight:
    Weight lost this month: 0 lbs

Daily goals:
    :star: Pre-log; follow through; balance carbs/protein/fat; 8+ cups liquids
    :star: 30+ minutes each Strength/flexibility/cardio; 9000+ steps daily
    :star: finish eating at 9pm 5/7 days per week; 10pm 2/7 days of my choice per week
    :star: post daily goals/progress - Just for Today/No Late Night Snacking
    :star: complete Hogwarts/GoTs/LOTRs/12 week weight loss challenges
    :star: Post weekly progress reports here :sunglasses:
    :star: De clutter 15+ minutes every day
    :star: Work on poetry anthology for 15+ minutes every day

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: There is no failure so long as you keep trying! :star:
    :heart: Let your light shine in the wilderness! :heart:

80464089.png

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Did a lot of reading in January but did not post much. Celebrated my 68th birthday yesterday and was way over calories. How do you tell your DD you will not eat any of the french toast bake she made especially for you or tell your DGD that you will not eat any of the cake she made especially for your birthday? Oh well, the rest of my eating was not too bad but I sure was not counting on that brunch being 620 calories for a serving!!

I did well over the holidays even with lots of company and did not gain any weight. Didn't lose either so need to kick it into gear now.

I read about the problems many of you are having and know that I am truly blessed at this moment. My DD and I are excited because the blueberries that were buried under weeds and neglect are showing new growth! We dug them out last summer but had only four berries that the birds got so we are hoping for a better crop this year. We have also managed to clear a lot of brush, fix fence and shelters and just generally clean the place up since we moved in.

Got my strength training in on Saturday working with my DD moving 30 one hundred pound bales of hay from the horse trailer and stacking them in the barn. Oof! I slept well that night.

Pip - Ginger (standard poodle) sends good wishes to Bullwinkle.

Barbie - thanks for keeping this going.

Kim - You seem to be doing really well in this new year. You go girl.

Heather - My DH recently finished reading "Glint of Silver". He wants to know if there are more books by your DH along this line.

My goal for this month is to keep up better with this thread and to borrow from Lisa finish the month lighter.

Take care, Sue in WA

• tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Anne from WI-a problem is a problem; until it's not. We all face different obstacles/problems of different sizes at times in our lives. We are all here for each other. Some times it just feels good to vent. Hope your evening is calm and relaxing. Good thoughts and a special prayer for you coming tonight!

Thank you.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    We decided after all to head home today. Jack had forgotten a cardiologist appointment that he had moved once before and reeally needed to go this time. We are in Deming NM where it will be 26° tonight. I wanna go back to AZ. :(

Janetr okc (again soon)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    DJ: New clothes because the old ones have outgrown you are the best NSV's! WTG! Regarding my riding lessons, I think this particular riding teacher is a gift. The Lord poured a blessing on me. :heart: Most of her students have their own horses. "My" horse is ridden by me and a girl in 4-H. My teacher has another horse that she is getting ready for competition. :bigsmile:

Joyce: I hope you're able to get your meds balanced so that you can be more awake. :flowerforyou:

Yoga today went well enough. Monday's instructor is not my favorite because she doesn't seem to love yoga the way my other teachers do. It seems to be just calisthenics to her and her exercise choices can be repetitive.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.44min, 12.8amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi = 114c
    spin- 36min, 83ar, 104aw, 10-13g 138mhr, 14.7mi = 287c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.20min, 12amph, 137mhr 1.4mi = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 20.09min, 8.2amph, 153mhr, 2.7mi = 210c
    total cal 677

mhr = maximum heart rate
    mi = miles
    ar = average revolutions -how fast i'm pedaling per minute
    aw = average watts -how much power i'm putting out per minute
    g or ag = average gear -on spin bike, they are 1-24
    c = calories
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good eve.
    Janet,DH Said it was 41* in Phoenix today.We gave had 2-3 days of 60* & more to come. In Ohio in Feb? amazing!

Joyce,thinking all good thoughts for both of you. Sure is hard to get thru when it all hits the fan at same time.

My weight seldom budges,but haven't gained. Need to lose another 20 pds.....but just 5 at a time.
    Still drinking 64oz water a day.

Going to start beef broth in slow cooker tomor eve.I leave it on low all night.....yummy base for beef veggie soup.

You all write interesting letters.......I envy you. Nearly bedtime for me. Have been sleeping 8-81/2 hrs most nights.Will
    take it. Happy Feb,Pat
  • simplycleanfit
    simplycleanfit Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies... Happy February!

I hope you don't mind me joining in for some support, comradery and set my health/ fitness goals for February.

I am a 50ish, married lady with two children that lives in the desert southwest. I have been on and off with MFP more than a few times the problem is.... staying the course without giving up/ in. I have joined a few fun challenges recently and hope to continue until I make my goals a reality ~the healthy way and learn to love working out again. I have 20- 25 lbs. to lose, not sure of that magic number till I get closer.

My goals for February ~ 6 days a week
    Log every bite
    Stay within my calories
    5 serving of fruits and / or vegetables
    Water 80 oz. at the minimum
    10 k steps per day (Fitbit Zip)
    Keep up with my challenge workout minutes
    Lose 5- 6 lbs.

I don't beleive I will post often... But be supportive when I can. Thanks!

• simplycleanfit
    edited February 2016
    Options
    :) Opps!
  • simplycleanfit
    Options
    Just checking these out... B)
  • simplycleanfit
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    nite peep er roon knees
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pat, yes it was cold. The high was 54 for the day, 20° less than yesterday. It rained in the night and was very windy.

Janetr
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm beat! Trying to get white dog hair out of black carpet in the van is HARD! Why, oh why, does Chrysler insist on black carpet?!?! They wanted me to buy black seats too, but I whined till they found me one with the beige cloth seats I wanted. I did the best I could with it, cleaned the windows and removed all the junk, so I'm all set for my trip to Springfield tomorrow.

After I got the kids from school I took DGD#1 to the doctor for a follow up. She had been on antibiotics for strep, but she's good now. She was happy that she grew an inch in height since her last visit. Poor little thing is still pretty short, though. My son is down with another bout of pneumonia, I'm afraid. He gets that a lot because of his lung issues. But will he go to the doctor? No.

So, I'm going to bed early. Have a great night!

Sylvia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Hello to all: Did a lot of reading in January but did not post much. Celebrated my 68th birthday yesterday and was way over calories. How do you tell your DD you will not eat any of the french toast bake she made especially for you or tell your DGD that you will not eat any of the cake she made especially for your birthday? Oh well, the rest of my eating was not too bad but I sure was not counting on that brunch being 620 calories for a serving!!

:)Sue, It took me awhile to tell everyone in my life that I had changed my relationship to food and that I wouldn't be using food as a treat or recreation. Now, no one in my life would make cake or french toast for me, so my life is simpler. I've been doing this for a long time.

642442s5am4b2ugx.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy110.gif...Irish Terri your cupboards look awesome
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Yvonne, welcome back. It’s good to see you but sorry to hear things got so stressful for you. Take those baby steps and before you know it you will be taking giant steps. Yes, many of us are here for the long haul. Take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))

DeeDee, I always love, love, love seeing your smiling face in here. I love cruising because you can do as much or as little as you want. What could be better than that? Please come back more often. (((Hugs)))

Heather, unfortunately on the cruise I’ll be making up for any drinks I missed in the weeks before. Oh and food too for that matter. I won’t go crazy but won’t deprive myself of anything. I can do that after I get home.

Kay, it’s good to see you. You aren’t posting often enough lately and I feel like I don’t know what’s been going on with you. A huge Congrats on the weight loss in January. Keep up the good work. (((Hugs)))

KJL, very good response to Anne from WI. I agree whole heartedly.

Irish Terri, you did a great job decluttering. Way to go.

Sue, you have to let us know when it’s your BD so we don’t have to send belated birthday wishes. It sounds like it was a good one. You are now my age but I won’t be in another 3 months. bday.gif

Katla, I don’t understand about “finding a place to fall”??? Just be careful. (((Hugs)))

Pat, I need to lose close to 20 pounds and mine rarely budges either. I think my bod likes this weight?? We will get there.

Gardengirl, we are happy to have you join us. I hope you will stick with us and with this new lifestyle. If you fall off the wagon, just claw your way back on it. We will be here to haul you up again. Just don’t give up even when it’s not fun. The end result is worth it. Come often.

Janetr, smiley-laughing024.gifLove the “auto correct” joke.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Had a Moose meeting tonight and the nominating committee is trying to get me to run for an office. Just not sure I want to. I normally take leadership rolls just because I’m such a take charge, bossy bi#%h. lol There is somewhat of a click in the group that many want to break up and thus the push to get me to run. I’m just thinking about it.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. You ladies are great! rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DJ: I have fallen on hidden black ice twice in the past four or five years. I cracked my left wrist the first time, and have a compression fracture of my right radius this time. I want to learn how to fall safely without getting hurt. I've seen some clips on YouTube. One is of a 90 year old man demonstrating how to fall. I would like to find a place nearby where I can learn how to fall safely. We don't get much snow around here, and I really like to be out in it when it does arrive. Unfortunately, hidden ice seems to tag along. :grumble: