WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,625 Member
    Options
    awwwww for the cute poacher on the bench!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to all the ladies with tough decisions to make, or illness's in the family. It's really difficult to keep constant in your lives, and others that you love, when illness's are involved. Every time I woke up I did not know how my husband would be. Would he be fine, could drive, use the remote for the TV, be able to walk, or what. Like coming into a home where an alcoholic person lived, and you couldn't guess how he would be.

Sylvia~ Your grandkids have a right to a safe, clean, calm home. You provide that for them. When they state that they wish to be with their father, maybe they say that because of guilt of secretly wishing to stay with you. You dear friend, need to know they are always safe, that is your main concern. I wish for you clear-headed thoughts, and people that can help you (attorneys', child services). As a Grandparent, you have rights, you can't go thru the not knowing, the ups and down's of your dear sons illness. There has to be a constant somewhere, for you, for your grandbabies. ((hugs))) Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Mary from Minnesota~ Ok your puppy is slowly growing into those ears of his! Priceless!
    Becca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of Cathe Friedrich to the Max DVD. It was pretty high intensity. The plan for tomorrow is to do a complete Strength Training DVD then leave for FL

Got the trailer and a lot of things loaded. There are some last-minute things that we can't load, like my bag with toiletries, etc.

Nancy - you've come to a good place for encouragement, that's for sure.

Pat - I eat breakfast every day. I usually have a piece of fruit before I exercise just so I'm not exercising on an empty stomach. I may not be hungry until in the afternoon, but I always make sure I have something

Karen - which orthotics do you use for your PF. Do you have special ones or just get the Dr. Schools-brand?

Margaret - prayers

Go Kirby, go Kirby, go Kirby

Sylvia - I can hardly imagine what you're going thru. All those ups and downs. My heart breaks for you.

Vicki - so sorry to hear about your mom. Good news on the bathingsuit, tho. The one thing I don't like about buying clothes at Sams is that I can't try them on. I'd have to take them home and then if they doesn't fit return them.

Mary from MN - you amaze me constantly. You never give up.

Yvonne - you are so wise to take it easy. Good for you exercising!

Terri in Milwaukee - so sorry about your fitness tracker. Now that's a reason I've never heard before for not cleaning. I'm going to remember it. Good luck on your review (I know you won't need it)

Just made this cake for Vince for when we get home, it's called a triple chocolate ooey gooey chocolate cake. We shall see how it turns out. He actually thought I was making it to take down with us! Actually, the cookies/ brownies/cake have already been made and I just took them out of the freezer. Now I have to think about what we need for when we get home.

Went to Office Depot. I had a $5 coupon that I'd forgotten to take last time I went. Well, Vince said "I wish you'd told me yesterday because I need to buy gas, mail a letter, and go to the ATM" Maybe now he'll relize why I don't like to wait until the last minute to do things. Those things could all have been done yesterday. But he'll learn..... I needed to get more DVD+R's and they were on sale, I saved another $5 by buying the large package (which I'll probably use)

kinses - feel better soon

katla - so glad you like your new doctor. That is so important.

Anne from WI - best on your trip.

Going to take a shower, get ready for bed, then up early tomorrow and off to FL. Can't wait!

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Fanncy0626 – Shep is sooooo cute!

Katla and others – If you take any medications you either need to take them with you when you go to the MD or have a current list of them; so many have names that sound and/or look alike; but, are used for totally different reasons. Pharmacist is really the best MD to ask if there are any contradictions with mixing a new medication with what you are already taking.

Well need to get off and either watch this silly movie or read.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - have a terrific time and enjoy every minute. You deserve some peace and quiet. Have a safe trip.

Anne in WI - that's a long time to be gone :) , we will miss you. I hope you can relax and have a good time and just enjoy the time away from work and being home alone.

Heather - thank you :)

Janetr OKC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I had a long talk with my next door neighbor tonight. She happens to be the principal at my grandkid's school. I explained the situation and she told me that tomorrow morning she will get the ball rolling and get child services involved. That way it will keep me out of the fight a little bit. She said he won't know that it came from me, he will believe it came from the school

In the meantime, the kids are back home tonight. He was civil when I took them in, and the "wife" was shut in the bedroom, so I didn't have to deal with her at all.

I'm exhausted and going to bed. Good night everyone.

Thanks for everything.

Sylvia
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Great solution Sylvia!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ((((Hugs))))) and prayers!

Sue, Miriam, Katla, Michele thank you for your prayers.

Time to get to bed I work tomorrow.

:heart: Margaret
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pleaser excuse me if I said this earlier. Went to doctor (nurse practitioner) and she put me on another round of antibiotics and Prednisone. She didn't say what might be wrong that my upper thighs are so sore. She also says I have a heart murmur and and got me scheduled for an echocardiogram, which is basically an ultrasound. They will be able to get a good look at the valves. So I came home and listened and sure enough I have the first sound of the beep then a real light swoosh then the second sound of the beat. It's a lub swoosh dub, lub swooosh dub.

For the record. I do not have a dog but right before that post there were several cute pics of sleeping dogs.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Miriam – hang in there! Glad we are almost to March for you! Keep on keeping on, you have lots to balance.

Nancy welcome!

Pat – I eat breakfast and am always really ready for it, but I leave with Levi (dog) at 5:30/6am and walk prior to breakfast and we do about 3 miles and then come home for breakfast.

Margaret – ((((( hugs))))))

Pip – way to go Kirby!!!

Sleepy dogs – Mine follows me everywhere, and wants me to go out and play ball in the back for 10 min every hour or so.

Sylvia – Ok so I have a strong opinion on this one.. and you can choose to think I’m a nut, but I have some personal experience ---- they are children, they do not get to chose where they live, as the adults the choice has to be made based on what is best for them – squalor and being told they are hated is not in their best interest – it seems to me that getting Child Protective Services involved if that is the easiest way is best, but your son and crazy julie need to be told the kids will live with you and DH for a month while they figure out everything, he gets more stable etc… and it is not a choice. *** Later**** so glad the principal is getting things moving!

Kim from N. California
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I'm so glad that you talked to the school and they are getting involved with CPS (Child Protective Services). My DGS#1 was taken at birth because the parents were doing meth and did not have an apt. He lived in foster care for the first 4 months of his life until I could get back here from CA and get settled (I had already secured a job back with the atty gens office). I volunteered to take him and CPS never looked for an Aunt, sister, brother etc. they just worked with me. CPS gave both parents adequate time (a year) to attend drug counseling, parenting classes, etc. at the State's expense but neither of them stepped up and did it. At the end of the first year CPS urged me to take legal custody and that's when I went to court to get 3rd party custody. The State still offered the parents the opportunity to follow through with the counseling etc. and agreed to pay. Still neither parent did it. Eventually CPS signed off on the case and the parents were on their own to follow through on the Court orders if they ever wanted him back. Then they got pregnant again. They lived off and on in a van, worked, got paid, did drugs, lost their jobs - it was a never ending cycle. Before DGS#2 was born they both seemed to have cleaned up their act, stopped using drugs, and had a decent place to live. CPS stepped in again and only allowed them to take the baby home because I and mom's family vouched for them. My son and the mom split up during the first year and she was allowed to keep the baby with her. When DGS#2 was about 12 mo I started hearing rumors and I suspected that mom was using again and putting him in dangerous situations. This time I went to CPS (she never knew this and still doesn't) who investigated and mom agreed to have me take DGS#2. We attended family meetings at CPS which included me, dad, and mom's family. Plans were made for her to follow through to get him back. Before the 3rd meeting she told me that she was tired of dealing with CPS and was letting me keep him. That was when he was 18 mo. It took her 7 yrs to finally go to drug counseling. She thought she would just be able someday to take DGS#2 back without #1 (she said because DGS#1 had always lived with me) but I told her they were a package deal. They are biological brothers and have lived together all this time I am not letting anyone separate them unless it is in their best interest. I always had wonderful support from CPS and caring CPS counselors who helped me through the difficulties and court process. Another group you might reach out to if they are in your area is Relatives Raising Children. They can offer financial support in times of need and social situations with other relatives raising children. I forget how many millions of us there are in the U.S. now mostly due to drugs. So sad for all of these children.

Sending love and prayers for healing and strength to you and hubby,big-heart.gif

Gloria
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Silvia- Hope all goes well with your principal/neighbor (((((hugs)))))).

❤️Rosie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,296 Member
    Options
    Good news, Sylvia! <3

Margaret - I teared up when I heard you were going to see the Dalai Lama. Wish I were coming with you! :love:

Woke up at 3.30. DGS woke at 5 . I got up at 5.50 to make a cup of tea and found DS on the cushions in the living room because DDIL was snoring. He was freezing as the heat was off for the night! They have gone off to Brighton now and we have made biscuits and decorated them. Phew! Will post a photo when I can get organised. All going well. DH is being wonderful. <3

Love Heather UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,296 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    qx4fge2heevq.jpg

ar93tuy4auk7.png

DGS has eaten the head off his gingerbread man. DGD is putting an eye on the lion. :love:

Heather UK

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well having a cup of tea and then will hop in the shower and get ready for work.. have laundry in the dryer and meatloaf in the oven..
    Sylvia~ so glad that your neighbor and principal will start the ball rolling.. I know even though your going to bed you will not get a great nights sleep..
    Tom was kind of grouchy last night, I swept and washed the floors ,when he came home the sun was shining on the floor and said there is still dirt there, and then I heated him up pizza and cooked it for the time it was supposed be cooked, he took a bite and plopped it back on the the plate... not hot enough, so back to the oven it went, and he was just down right grumpy, when we went to bed and were about to go to sleep he started up again, told him why dont you think about the good things instead of crabbing about the bad, and then I went to sleep.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Margaret & Sylvia)))

I finally bought some powdered peanut butter yesterday and just had it on a piece of toast. Delicious! You just mix it with a little water and stir to make creamy.

DH left before 5:30 AM to go to an estate sale that starts at 8 AM. When I called him a bit ago, he said there was already another couple there. At some of the sales he goes to, there is a family of 5 from Mexico who surrounds the jewelry table so no one else can look. He tries to get there before they do so he can get in the door ahead of them. I do not have the stamina to go through that. Neither do I like the feeling of being in a crowd of folks who are all hoping to find a bargain.

DS and family are going to the zoo today and I may go with them. When I was teaching, we took the 5th graders to the zoo and the Cyclorama each year. It's been quite a few years now since I have been there.

Carol
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Sylvia-So glad you were able to talk to your neighbor and she is going to talk to CPS.

Heather- Adorable kids! They look like they are enjoying their time with you!

Mary- Cute puppy!

I am SO glad it's Friday! lol I think I say that every Friday! I feel bad wishing the time away, but my job is feeling like it is too much. I am ready to do less. I will still have to work, but so ready to do something else.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ❤️