Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Mia- Shep's right ear does tilt a little. It's not fully developed yet. They are born with floppy ears.

upwdai85tthb.jpeg

One and a half mile walk today! Not done yet!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    DJ - the important thing about my post is that Sylvia was not offended. Not the first time I've been dough-popped about a comment. Interesting primary in the state of South Carolina tomorrow.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :o
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Good news ! I’m almost caught up at work, I rocked my review, and my fitness tracker was on my bathroom rug, so it must have fallen off yesterday while washing my hands. Yay ! ! !

Anne (Wisc) – Get out and have a blast on that cruise. My secret is to treat everyone I meet like we have been friends for decades. Make some wonderful new friends, and leave that ex in your dust. There’s plenty of time to sleep on the sun deck, or when you get back to the Wisconsin tundra. I will be thinking about you enjoying the perfect weather while I’m wearing a sweatshirt. Hugs for a GREAT time ! ! !

I’d love to catch up with all of you, but I still have a little work to do now that I’ve eaten my afternoon grapefruit.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! ! And prayers ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well having a cup of tea and then will hop in the shower and get ready for work.. have laundry in the dryer and meatloaf in the oven..
    Sylvia~ so glad that your neighbor and principal will start the ball rolling.. I know even though your going to bed you will not get a great nights sleep..
    Tom was kind of grouchy last night, I swept and washed the floors ,when he came home the sun was shining on the floor and said there is still dirt there, and then I heated him up pizza and cooked it for the time it was supposed be cooked, he took a bite and plopped it back on the the plate... not hot enough, so back to the oven it went, and he was just down right grumpy, when we went to bed and were about to go to sleep he started up again, told him why dont you think about the good things instead of crabbing about the bad, and then I went to sleep.
    Ok Grandmallie, I have to be blunt here. Reading that, I had visions in my head of what I would do. It involved slamming pizza pieces on a clean floor, I'm afraid. You worked so hard on the kitchen floor, and like you said the sun was shining on it, so why he says what he says is so crazy. See right there I would have crashed something on the floor and said calmly,"OK now THERE is some dirt still on it". The trouble with Tom is that he never appreciates you!! (((((hugs))) we dearly do!! And regarding the uncooked pizza, as long as the cheese is melted I wouldn't make a big deal about it. It's like he is LOOKING to make you annoyed or something. I think he likes to wallow in the misery of life, like that is his safe haven. And YES please show him this message.
    Becca
    Your #1 fan in Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went outside my comfort zone. I was volunteering at the Community Center. Our TOPS group helps serve at the weekly Senior Luncheon. So as our TOPS leader, (and also the head cook) was making a pesto type sauce and saying the scent of basil is like being in Italy, I started singing one of my Italian arias to her thru the pass through window. Behind me in the dining room, the place got really quiet....;eeek! But I finished it, and heard clapping behind me. One of the coordinators asked me if I would help sing Happy Birthday to a gentleman that was 89. I went to his table and they all were oohing and aahing over my song, so I asked him if I could sing him a song, and if he liked opera. Well he said, "sure you can sing to me, but I don't really like opera". HAHAHA! His wife said, "Don't listen to him, sing away". So I sang. It had been a long time, and of course I choked a bit at the high note, but at least my voice didn't fail me completely. It did make serving enjoyable, because everyone was complimenting me, and that felt nice. I consider my voice a friend, and really I haven't talked to it in awhile so that is something I need to do. I just had to share that doing something outside your comfort zone can be enlightening and uplifting!
    Becca
    Ol Diva of
    Oregon
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - Real quick before I leave work: When the school petitioned the court and CPS to give me custody of the girl that would eventually become my foster daughter, it held a LOT of weight, because I wasn't licensed yet. So as long as I showed monthly receipts proving I was trying to get my house "to code", I maintained custody. The courts really listen to what the school thinks, at least in Minnesota. Many more Hugs and Prayers for you to be successful in getting for those grands what is best for them ! ! !
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well had a friend of mine who is disabled and also a patient come in with a toothache this afternoon, she asked if I could take her to the pharmacy and bring her home.. the troll had me punch out 25 minutes early to do that..
    but I sorta feel bad saying no... she depends on alot of people
    also got an invite to my 2nd cousins wedding in Tn. on the 3rd of July,,, I would love to go , but there could be obstacles,, one being that I wouldnt get paid for the holiday as I would be taking the friday off before.. and I would like to take my dad with me, Tom could stay home with the dogs.. will have to talk to him about it this weekend..
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to all and welcome to any newbies. Stay with us and share how ever much or little you like :)

Having a good day today getting laundry & fridge cleaned around the house, returns to stores, and car tires balanced & rotated at the Tire Store. I'm coming to the end of my paperwork and it should calm down now since taxes and college trees have been chopped. Lol.

Next week the kids go back to school and I'll get back to work seeing clients and gathering their paperwork for tax filings. This is my crazy time of year and goes through April 15, but I'm ready for it. My motto is get it done today and I try to do whatever I know needs to be done in order to leave time for things that pop up unexpectedly. I'm a pro at this with my responsibilities but not so much when it comes to taking care of myself. :'( How to change this???

Wanted to thank whoever mentioned getting help help. I found someone to come once a month!

Have a great weekend lovely ladies.

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • GlutenfreeOma
    GlutenfreeOma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I wish I could follow your motto. I'm terrible about putting things off until the last minute. :-(
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 46 lbs
    bench press 5X5 @ 36 lbs
    dumbbell row 5X5 @ 46 lbs
    calf raise 5X5 @ 26 lbs

Cleared out two bookshelves and posted a bunch of books on paperback swap....got requests for several of the books and have them ready to take to the post office tomorrow.

Rode the exercise bike while watching TV and finishing knitting the wool cable stitch hat for Jake.

In between, walked the dogs1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif and listened to an audio book while we walked.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Strategy is stronger than willpower.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

146200.png

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Rosie - have you tried scheduling YOU as an client on your calendar? Maybe you could try this and make it a time devoted only to doing healthy or fun things for yourself? Like prepping food for the week, some type of exercise, or a bubble bath? Calgon take me away!

Yay for finding someone to come in once a month I wish I had done that when I was working!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Morning Ladies~
    well having a cup of tea and then will hop in the shower and get ready for work.. have laundry in the dryer and meatloaf in the oven..
    Sylvia~ so glad that your neighbor and principal will start the ball rolling.. I know even though your going to bed you will not get a great nights sleep..
    Tom was kind of grouchy last night, I swept and washed the floors ,when he came home the sun was shining on the floor and said there is still dirt there, and then I heated him up pizza and cooked it for the time it was supposed be cooked, he took a bite and plopped it back on the the plate... not hot enough, so back to the oven it went, and he was just down right grumpy, when we went to bed and were about to go to sleep he started up again, told him why dont you think about the good things instead of crabbing about the bad, and then I went to sleep.
    Ok Grandmallie, I have to be blunt here. Reading that, I had visions in my head of what I would do. It involved slamming pizza pieces on a clean floor, I'm afraid. You worked so hard on the kitchen floor, and like you said the sun was shining on it, so why he says what he says is so crazy. See right there I would have crashed something on the floor and said calmly,"OK now THERE is some dirt still on it". The trouble with Tom is that he never appreciates you!! (((((hugs))) we dearly do!! And regarding the uncooked pizza, as long as the cheese is melted I wouldn't make a big deal about it. It's like he is LOOKING to make you annoyed or something. I think he likes to wallow in the misery of life, like that is his safe haven. And YES please show him this message.

grandmallie - i don't think you would want to know what i would have done or said, it would not be appropriate to post on this forum, too many bad words would be involved and i do mean bad. have him call me so i can tell him personally
    Becca
    Your #1 fan in Oregon

• sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sharon from Australia in the very sunny hot far north queensland
    I'm new on here just started this week , so it's the end week 1 for me, a pretty good week
    I've been overweight for as long as i remember, have had very poor eating habits which have left me in the extreme morbid obese range .Like most other people i've done all kinds of diets and the only thing that ever worked was alot of excercise and logging my food everyday , I hurt my knee and ankle 10 years ago and pretty much just gave up & put all the lost weigh back on over 50 kgs
    This time I want my goals to be more realistic , I know my lack of fitness and health issues will impact my progress so I'm thinking with the support of some of you lovely people who've been there also,may make all the difference.
    also i'm still learning about this site can you all tell me any good tips ?

thanks
    :) sharon

• pipcd34
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    jog- 8.36min, 8.35ap/min mi, 7-8p, 136ahr, 159mhr, 1mi = 107c
    rowing machine- 30min, 56aw, 144mhr, 4894meters/3.04mi = 239c
    PT cancelled
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options

welcome.gif..Sharon,we are glad you are here....you will find many of us who have a history similar to yours....start by logging your food every day and coming to this thread every day and joining the conversation...don't spread yourself too thin by participating in a bunch of threads....find ways to be active every day.

:) Barbie
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    welcome.gif..Sharon,we are glad you are here....you will find many of us who have a history similar to yours....start by logging your food every day and coming to this thread every day and joining the conversation...don't spread yourself too thin by participating in a bunch of threads....find ways to be active every day.

:) Barbie

Thanks barbie , ive been looging each day this is a great site & easy to use . yes looking for exercise that isnt walking knees and ankle issues
  • pipcd34
    Options
    3flkym7a2v3b.jpeg

Going to donate the fat tire bike we bid on the Etta Auction some years back. Hope they get at least the same amt of $$ we bid on when we got it