!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, what a great place to host your friends.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    18,000 steps
    187 minutes of dog walking
    39 minutes riding the exercise bike

Strong Lifts with dumbbells
    sumo squats 5X5 @ 46 lbs
    deadlift 5X5 @46 lbs
    overhead press 5X5 @ 30 lbs
    calf raise 5X5 @ 26 lbs

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

146200.png

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Kim: Your tent in the garage is lovely! It would be a great place to have a meal with friends, and pretend it is summer. :bigmsile:

Joyce: I am so sorry that cancer has come to your sister again. I can understand wanting to wait for a surgeon she trusts. I hope it isn't an aggressive tumor. I'll send a prayer for your sister and for you. :heart:

Kristan: I'm sorry for your grief. I hope you will find peace and move on to a happier time in your life. :cry: (((hugs)))

I'm pooped and ready to settle in and read for the evening. DH and I went into Portland on an errand and made an error that we'll have to fix tomorrow. It is easily fixable but I hope we won't have to drive into Portland again to do it. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kim I love your new dining room. Is this for a group? Also, your garage looks so organized. Looks like you have a loot of areas for good storage.

Kristan, that was pretty inconsiderate of your ex and what he did to his new squeeze.

Just finished watching the finale of the biggest loser. I don't know if any of you watch it or not so I won't say who won. They did do an interesting temptation at the very end. I wish it would have told whether the one southern couple had been able to get pregnant.

Joyce, Indiana
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Sorry haven't posted lately, horrible sinus infection
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    Sorry haven't posted lately, horrible sinus infection

Just lost my chat!!! Have a few questions
    Margaret: was he here in Minnesota?
    Canopy: what is it for??? Very cool!
    Kristan: I lose my post all the time, usually half way , n it doesn't make any sense.
    I do understand your feelings, these woman have been chatting for a long time
    Gayle
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

It's 1:30 and I'm still on track for the day. Yay!

Beth

Just forget this part .... Sigh

Beth- sending love and hugs. Please Know you are not alone in going over calorie goals for a day or even a week :D , we all have days like this. Be sure to log every bite on MFP and then know tomorrow is a new beginning.

I weighed in today and I'm down 2lbs. I am so happy that after 3 months the evil scale is going in the "right" direction. I am so motivated that starting today I'm going to walk 2 miles and not include errands around home or community to count in that total. This should up my steps to 6000 to 7000 at least four times a week.

My client meetings run Tuesday to Friday noon this week and I love this time of year. My clients are so greatful to hand their paperwork to me and I enjoy the puzzle because each persons situation is different. I've scheduled a hair appt for Friday afternoon with a new stylist that is not as far of drive for me as my regular gal. We'll see how that goes!

Sweet dreams o:)

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Kim - I'm sure the meal will go wonderfully, even without me. :s:flowerforyou: Great idea to use the canopy!

I woke up early so I'm lying on the sofa watching the sun come up. The birds are going full throttle. <3:) I spent some time this morning checking through my gratitude list. It was long. :D But like Betty and so many others of you, I do worry about my DS#1. He suffers from severe depression and is very overweight with diabetes 2. I will renew my efforts to get in contact with him - haven't heard anything from him since Christmas. He was thinking of getting a dog.

Very much looking forward to yoga this morning and seeing all the great women there. I love my teacher. :love:

Katla - I know what you mean about not being able to remember names. :sad: In my case though I have had the same problem all my life and not just of people - it's places, books, films and even things. The bit of my brain that registers names is full of holes. My family make a joke of it, so a napkin/serviette is a "handywipeything" . :noway: "Whatsit" and "thingummybob" are often used words in my house. "Dooda" is another one.
    I have a terrific visual memory and can remember everything about a person or picture where I was when something happened, or what meal I was eating, but the name of it - nah!
    DH is very good at names, but can't remember the things I do remember easily like things we did on holiday.
    I just know that I'm no worse now than I was at 12 years old when I couldn't remember to do anything. :laugh:

Heather UK, who is just about to take a cup of tea up to her DH.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Well I caved last night and came home..just came into the house and went to my bedroom..haven't talk to him and don't plan to.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I couldn't sleep and finally got up at 4:30. Now I'm getting sleepy but it's too late now. My hips and back have been hurting again, worse at night. I'll call the doc's office today and see if they can increase my meloxicam or give me something else.

Yesterday I went with one of my co-op friends to another small town (about 90 minutes away) for the funeral of the mother of one of the other co-op friends. Her mom had been very sick for a while, and had been in for a battery of tests, so it wasn't unexpected, but it was still sad to see our friend cry. Afterward we had lunch in a really cute little sandwich shop, then hit a coup,e of junk stores and a gallery before heading back.

My son had to pick up his own kids from school yesterday, and he did fine. Apparently it was one of his "good" days. I could have rushed and made it back in time, but I didn't want to.

Today I have some rush drafting jobs to do this morning before a co-op meeting at 10:00. We are getting our final ducks in a row before a big meeting at the public library on Thursday. We have invited all the artists we know and spread the word all over town. Hopefully we will get a good turnout and find lots of artists who want to join. We are starting with 22 artists, which is the break-even point for paying the bills. But one of our members has been talking to the city community development office and they have offered to pay our rent for the first year! But we will still have expenses just go get the doors open. Initially we were going to start it in my own gallery, but it's really too small, so we shopped around for a bigger space. We found a vacant storefront downtown with a landlord who is very supportive of the arts and wants to help us. He is renovating the place now, so it doesn't look like much, but it's three times the size of my place. It has tall ceilings with tin tiles, and lots of wall space, and a big glass wall facing the street. And it's located between a frame shop and a home store, both places attract women with money, so we hope that will help us. Our downtown is quite shabby, but it is undergoing a big push for improvement, so our gallery will fit right into that.

Well, I guess I can start getting ready for work. Have a great day!

Sylvia

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options

Beth

Beth- LOL! This just cracked me up! I have so many days like this! I no sooner think, "Yea! I got this!" and I cheat and sabotage my day of good eating! Tomorrow is another day! Also, so glad to hear you dance with your poultry before cooking them! Gotta play with your food or goof around while you clean. I hope the memories of me doing this stays with my kids forever. ONe of my favorite memories of my mom is of her singing and dancing while she cooked and cleaned.

Margaret
    LOVE this! I loved hearing about your visit with the Dalai Lama and your words on compassion. It is something I really need to hear as I am struggling with finding the compassion for some one I love who continually makes poor life choices. The frustration of just wanting to wash my hands of this person versus continuing to show compassion. So hard.
    "Compassion does not mean you give others a blank check to abuse you and others. It means working to understand the suffering of others and finding ways for healing to take place. I still believe in honoring boundaries as a way to find respect for yourself and for others. When boundaries are broken I ask the question what must be protected, restored, and let go in order to bring healing to the relationship. I am asking these questions concerning the situation with my son.

:heart: Margaret"

GAyle- Hope you are feeling better! It is good to see you back!

Kim- I love the canopy dining room! Did you get a good pic of the evening lighting? Those darker pics are sometimes hard to get. Hope your book club dinner went well!

Miriam- Got a giggle in regards to shrieking in OR and Becca's opera!

Becca-I am sure your singing sounded wonderful and nothing like the shrieking in OR. You are a brave woman to sing in public, especially opera! I sing only to have some one help me figure out a song or to publicly embarrass my children >:)

Joyce- So sorry to hear about your sister's malignancy. It is so hard to wait and not do anything; but her trust in her doc is so important, and I am sure if he felt it was something that needed to be taken care of immediately he would have started her on that path. Love and hugs to you. I am traveling the same road with my sister <3

Kristan-you are not invisible! I see and read your posts, I have been lurking lately and haven't been very good at replies. I love your story about how you arrived at the RealMsWolf.

Cheri- I think it was you, who posted about stress and weight loss/gain? I always wondered if it made that big of a difference. As a person who doesn't stress over a lot, I would have never known, until recently. My sister getting cancer seemed to send my body into crisis. I couldn't remember anything. I was eating for comfort. And I gained 25 pounds in two months. I have never done that before and I was just stunned when the weight came on. I have been meditating mornings and evenings in an effort to keep the stress down, as well as walking and some resistance training. I have also had to go back on a very regimented meal plan, because I can't trust myself not to eat everything that isn't nailed down. Stress does make weight loss harder! I think it is our body trying to hold onto the fat to protect us from whatever is "harming" us.

Katie- Sounds like the sub for your work-out was just what you needed. Don't you love that feeling after you have really gotten a great work out! Makes me feel like lifting my arms and shouting or dancing around to the Rocky Theme that is playing in my head! Yea for you!

Heather-the chorizo and lentil stew sounds yummy! Congrats on hitting your goal weight, by the way! 140 is my goal weight also. Wondering how tall you are? 140 was my healthy weight in high school, but I am wondering if it is a realistic goal for me after my body has gone through puberty/childbirth/menopause. I am 5'8".

Kate in AL- I know exactly how you feel. I lost my mind over the holidays and I am just getting back on track. It does feel good once we start moving in the right direction again! Luck!

Allie- So sorry about the problems you are having with Tom. Don't feel like you are crawling back home, it is your home! I too have a grumpy guy for a husband. I spend many days walking on eggshells. I spend many hours/days/nights not talking to him because I am so pissed. I have no advice to give you, because this is something you are going to handle how ever is best for you. DH and I have agreed that infidelity is the one thing that neither one of us will forgive; so it is our "deal breaker". I have also made it clear to him that if I didn't love him, I would tell him. It would be up to him to "make things better" or we'd call it quits. As we get older, we are communicating a little better. Not so many arguments or silent treatments. Love and hugs to you. Not an easy position to be in :(

Rosie- Love your borrowed phrase: Old habits produce old results! So true! I have something hanging in my kitchen now that says "Will this choice move you toward your goal or away from your goal?

Just have to giggle. I have two kids here so far this morning, both went back to sleep on arrival, one on the couch and the baby in the bedroom next to mine (where DH is sleeping). Well, DH's first alarm went off, he didn't hear it but the baby did and woke up screaming. I went down the hall and turned off the alarm and woke up DH. Baby quieted back down. DH comes out in the kitchen and his second (louder) alarm went off and he says "What the Hell is that?" I laughed and said "It's your alarm that you never hear and that I hear all the way in the kitchen and have to come shut off!" The baby is screaming by that time and DH says "AND WHO IS SCREAMING?" By this time I am cracking up at the stupidity "The baby, in the room next to ours, who also hears your alarm when it goes off!" Well, baby is back to sleep and bigger baby is on his way to work!

Happy Tuesday! Love and hugs to all!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options

Beth

Beth- sending love and hugs. Please Know you are not alone in going over calorie goals for a day or even a week :D , we all have days like this. Be sure to log every bite on MFP and then know tomorrow is a new beginning.

I weighed in today and I'm down 2lbs. I am so happy that after 3 months the evil scale is going in the "right" direction. I am so motivated that starting today I'm going to walk 2 miles and not include errands around home or community to count in that total. This should up my steps to 6000 to 7000 at least four times a week.

My client meetings run Tuesday to Friday noon this week and I love this time of year. My clients are so greatful to hand their paperwork to me and I enjoy the puzzle because each persons situation is different. I've scheduled a hair appt for Friday afternoon with a new stylist that is not as far of drive for me as my regular gal. We'll see how that goes!

Sweet dreams o:)

<3 Rosie in So Cal

way to go on the loss!!!!! keep it up!

barbicat- impressive on your stats!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    oh, morning peeps
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    KJL-I understand where you are coming from...there is no infidelity.. but on his part no Love either.. but lately he has been getting crankier and crankier.. I keep doing what I usually do, but that sets him off too..
    I try and eat well and exercise,but the stress is doing a major number on me...
    I am working 9-6 today and will see what happens when I get home tonight...
    Sorry for kevetching , will slink into a corner and keep the lip zipped :wink:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Kim love the creative use of your garage.

Gayle sorry about your sinus infection. The Dalai Lama make an appearance at the Minneapolis Convention Center on Sunday to help bring in the Tibetan New Year. He was being treated at the Mayo Clinic for a health condition. I found out about it in the paper. They did not sell tickets on line. You had to go to their office to purchase them. By the time I bought mine the better seats were sold out.

Joyce prayers for your sister.

Kristan sorry you had to go through your ex-husband betrayal and lack of respect. You deserve better.

KJL loved story about DH. He really must be a sound sleeper.

Alison (((HUGS)))

Sylvia (((HUGS))) so hard to watch your child and grandchildren struggle.

Took time to meditate today. I have a book I use as a guide and a spot set up in our home for meditation. It has been some time since I have done this for myself. Inspired by my experience with the Dali Lama.

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3