WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2016

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    So, I have been feeling rather invisible on this board. (Not entirely, I have had a few responses.) I posted a response to Margaret's description of her Dalai Lama experience earlier today and it happened to be the first response after her post. Just now, when I got into the thread, I noticed that it is no longer there. I thought maybe it moved down, but it seems to be completely gone. There was nothing that could possibly be construed as offensive in my post - it was merely a congratulatory statement. My question is, did someone (have the power to) delete my post? And if so, why? If not, then what can explain its disappearance? I assure you, I am sane and rational, and confused by this.

Thanks,
    Kristan
    Part of the group?

Kristan- there are just so many people on this thread that it is impossible to always respond to everyone. As for your posts disappearing I find that happens if I use my iPhone and put a :-) on. I can only use what is on here otherwise part or all of the post gets deleted.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Kristan sorry to have missed your response. It sounds like it was helpful.

Heather your feedback that I use compassion in my current trials with DH and DS was spot on. I also hope it carries over to the students in my care.

Compassion does not mean you give others a blank check to abuse you and others. It means working to understand the suffering of others and finding ways for healing to take place. I still believe in honoring boundaries as a way to find respect for yourself and for others. When boundaries are broken I ask the question what must be protected, restored, and let go in order to bring healing to the relationship. I am asking these questions concerning the situation with my son.

:heart: Margaret

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Kristan~ sorry we missed you.. it does get a little crazy in here...
    well I am out of work, and down at my DFIL in the parking lot.. have my sleeping bag and pillow with me,figured this is the best place to hide.. and I am sure he could care less if I come home or not.. if he does call will tell him I am safe and I will be home after he leaves in the morning. brought my circle word books and my headphones so I might try and meditate.. then try and get some sleep..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DJ: Thanks for your good wishes for our boating season. Boating, and sailing in particular, has made our marriage happy because we found something we both enjoy. DH has had a tough time being aboard the sailboat for the past two or three years. If he isn't able to conquer the problem we may decide to sell. It will be a tough decision if it comes to that. :cry: I started riding horses to fill in the space that used to be devoted to sailing. I love both, but riding I can do independently. To enjoy sailing, I need DH to share the experience. :heart:

Margaret: Thank you for sharing your lessons from the Dalai Lama. :flowerforyou: I share your viewpoint on compasssion. You've explained it eloquently. :heart:

artemis & bruggmanir: Welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: Congrats on the enjoyable work out! :smiley:

Kristan: No one in our group edits the board but MFP staff can remove a post if someone complains about it. There have been several occasions when my post did not appear and it was always my fault. I thought I hit enter, but evidently did not. :ohwell: Good luck in the future. :smiley:

We had a good trip into Portland and got some essential errands done. We stopped for lunch on the way home. Now DH is napping and I have a few moments to myself. Yay! I hope everyone has a good day today.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Margaret- I watched the news last night of the Dahli Lama and could see his compassion and love for the children as he was throwing them candy. He seemed extremely joyful. I'm glad that you were able to have such a great experience.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Kristan, sometimes your post just moves further down the list, too, if a bunch of people post at the same time you do, or while you are typing your reply.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Becca, I just read a news story on weather.com about an Oregon town experiencing a shrieking noise late at night that they cannot identify. I was wondering if you had been singing arias again...

(grin)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    :)Margaret thank you for sharing your experience of what you experienced hearing the Dalai Lama....I don't think I could have handled the big crowd, but I've read some of what he's written.

:)Kristan, having your post "disappear" makes you part of the community....I have written some amazing and insightful posts that have vanished...just keep coming back.

:)Alison, If I were escaping overnight from a cranky husband, I'd be staying at a three star motel with a good TV, a fitness center, and lots of pillows

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Alison ... Are you going to sleep in your car? I agree with Barbie ... Find a hotel for the night or even stay at a friend's place!

Miriam ... Laughed out loud at your post to Becca!

Kristan ... I often feel invisible on here... Lots and lots of posts ... And sometimes they do just disappear!

Beth
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Heather – of course you can come – you have 2.5 hours to get here! LOL I’d love to cook for you and DH and the rest of the family if you want to come to CA

KJL – they make Margarita jello - margarita gigglers?

Alison – you go girl!!!! Hold on here you are sleeping in the parking lot of the old folks home? WTF???? You have some good friends in the neighborhood who would take you in! It is cold in CT – I don’t think the lodging is the best decision, not going home yes! Parking lot – NO as Barbie says a nice hotel (on his credit card) seems like a good choice.

Cheri - I have heard (don’t know how good the science is) that stress can make loosing harder.

Katie – I often have blueberries for breakfast and think of you… not today!

Kristian – so I saw your post, I don’t know where it went… I think we all feel a bit invisible on this thread sometimes, as there are so so many of us that some times we just skip responding to everyone… Hang in –

As I mentioned the seating is the challenge for me to have this many, so the number went down to 6 which I can fit around one table so I thought I’d share the building of a dining room – in my garage…. See the next posts.

Kim from N. California
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I feel much better that mine is not the only one to poof! I know it was there.

My name. This is a bit of a story. My (now ex) husband and I both changed our name when we got married. Rather than me take his or both of us hyphenating, we chose a completely new last name that we shared from the day of our wedding - Wolf.

Unfortunately, a year and half ago, he walked out on me and moved in with a mistress that I thought he would never have. Our divorce was final last May. One of the details that really gets under my skin, is the fact that he gave her a wolf necklace while they were cheating on me and her husband. Every time I think about the possibility that he will give any other woman - but especially THAT woman - the name that we chose together as a reflection of our love, it breaks my heart and p(*(^(es me off!

When I joined this community, I tried using several versions of my last name and even my first name (Kristan), to no avail. Finally, exasperated, I typed in TheRealMsWolf and it worked, so I kept it.

So you can call me Kristan. :) I'm the mother of 17 year old twins (boy and girl) and I live in Arizona.
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    c8s4zftfdhl1.jpg

put the canopy up in the garage!
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    0cavmhf03lns.jpg

add walls - corners first (they are just muslin held on with binder clips
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    71n3hv9tn9fk.jpg

side walls
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    8i0kwrk4tlxu.jpg

an accent corner and the table.... its looking more like a dining room and less like a garage - and all in 2 hours
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am with Beth on this Allie---don't sleep in the car! Find a safer and comfier spot!
    You deserve better.
    Margaret thanks for the story of the Dalai Lama!
    Kristan, if you haven't lost ten posts yet I am not sure you are official yet on MFP! But I had a weird experience last week. I thought I had lost a post and got frustrated and took a break in Notepad. Would you believe my post was there and I could copy it back? I have no idea what happened there.
    Well if anyone had insights into how to put an adult child into the far recesses of the brain...I am so tired of feeling sad and hopeless about it--but have to keep on and not lose my cool. At least I did the elliptical today so maybe I tuckered myself out enough to sleep better.
    Enjoy FL, Michele!
    Betty
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    c59hoarj3lit.jpg

the lighting! it will get dark soon and I'll take a final pic and post it later!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Vince took me to the Y where I did an hour of a spinning downloadable workout. The plan for tomorrow is to do something at the clubhouse here, probably an ExtremeCardio DVD.

Alison - you go girl! Get packing and don't look back. No way should you be sleeping in the parking lot or a car, tho.

Cheri - absolutely stress will cause you to remain or gain weight. So will getting little sleep

janetr - you have so much to be proud of with your daughter. So sorry the funeral was rough

DJ - as we were driving thru SC, did you happen to see that uHaul that kept riding our bumper???

Welcome everyone new!

bruggmanlr - a "graduation cruise". I don't think I've ever heard of one. Is it maybe his gift? Where is he/you going and for how long?

Thurs we are going to see friends of our who moved to Palm Coast. I know they'd like us to spend the night, but we really need to get back to give Loki his med. Then Fri Vince is taking me to a friend's house and then we'll drive down to another friend's place in Port St. Lucy.

Kristen - I don't think there's any way for someone to delete your post, not even barbie. So what happened? Ask the MFP ghosts, you'd probably get a pretty good answer. There are times when I feel invisible, but recently I learned just how much people are concerned when they don't hear from you in a while. I certainly feel your pain with your ex. No, I'm not divorced but I have had certain things a lot like that happen to me

Joyce - that's so sad about your sister. Waiting is the worst, but at least she's waiting for a MD she has such faith in. That means so much

Betty - Oh, I'm enjoying FL. To be honest, I'd enjoy it more if I were able to drive. But such is life. "This too shall pass"

Michele from NC now in FL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.24min, 13.2amph, 145mhr, 2.9mi = 130c
    spin- 36min, 81ar, 110aw, 10-15g 128ahr, 147mhr, 14.4mi = 317c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.22min, 11.7amph, 143mhr 1.4mi = 92c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.51min, 9.3amph, 152mrh, 2.6mi = 177c
    total cal 716