Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

It's 1:30 and I'm still on track for the day. Yay!

Beth

Just forget this part .... Sigh

Beth- sending love and hugs. Please Know you are not alone in going over calorie goals for a day or even a week :D , we all have days like this. Be sure to log every bite on MFP and then know tomorrow is a new beginning.

I weighed in today and I'm down 2lbs. I am so happy that after 3 months the evil scale is going in the "right" direction.

<3 Rosie in So Cal

Rosie ... Congratulations on the weight loss!!

There was no way I could log yesterday's binge unless there is an entry for "everything but the kitchen sink!" I won't bore you with the details ... It was thousands of calories. Today is a new day ...

Stress eating ... A brutal monster that solves nothing and only creates new problems ...

Beth
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

It's 1:30 and I'm still on track for the day. Yay!

Beth

Cheri- I think it was you, who posted about stress and weight loss/gain? I always wondered if it made that big of a difference. As a person who doesn't stress over a lot, I would have never known, until recently. My sister getting cancer seemed to send my body into crisis. I couldn't remember anything. I was eating for comfort. And I gained 25 pounds in two months. I have never done that before and I was just stunned when the weight came on. I have been meditating mornings and evenings in an effort to keep the stress down, as well as walking and some resistance training. I have also had to go back on a very regimented meal plan, because I can't trust myself not to eat everything that isn't nailed down. Stress does make weight loss harder! I think it is our body trying to hold onto the fat to protect us from whatever is "harming" us.

Allie- So sorry about the problems you are having with Tom. Don't feel like you are crawling back home, it is your home! I too have a grumpy guy for a husband. I spend many days walking on eggshells. I spend many hours/days/nights not talking to him because I am so pissed. I have no advice to give you, because this is something you are going to handle how ever is best for you. DH and I have agreed that infidelity is the one thing that neither one of us will forgive; so it is our "deal breaker". I have also made it clear to him that if I didn't love him, I would tell him. It would be up to him to "make things better" or we'd call it quits. As we get older, we are communicating a little better. Not so many arguments or silent treatments. Love and hugs to you. Not an easy position to be in :(

Happy Tuesday! Love and hugs to all!

KJLaMore

I feel I can relate to much of what you have shared. Living with a constant low level of stress and NOT eating it all is my way of life. It has gotten better but I know who I am and learning ways around the stress=eat=weight gain train wreck is a constant task.

My husband has Asperger's (diagnosed later in life) and this brings a myriad of communication/behavior issues. My adult daughter has several issues too. I live with the silent treatment also. As recently as this weekend. Then it is over and he is all hugs and kisses....leaving me like WTF! Even though I'm used to it it gets me every time.

Oy vey! A regimented meal plan helps. I often eat the same meals for days on end because I don't have to think about what to prepare/eat.

We all have our unique relationship issues and handle them the best as we know how but it is nice to hear others share theirs and the ways they cope. Thanks for sharing parts of your story as I am left feeling less alone in this journey!

Cheri in sunny but freezing Fairlawn oHIo
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    :)Margaret, I have a place at my house set aside for meditation....a few months ago I made regular meditation one of my resolutions for the month and now I don't like going to bed unless I've meditated some time during the day....I have been influenced by readings from the Dalai Lama, readings about Buddhism, and a book called "10% Happier".

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm relieved that I'm not the only one with an imperfect memory! I still don't want mine to keep getting worse and I think/hope/pray that I've put an end to that. I am also hoping that I can improve some things. My grandmother died with Alzheimers that was caused by sleeping pills that she took every night. Mom guessed they were the culprit back then. Time & science has proven mom was right about grandma. Mom smoked herself to death. It can be easy to see what someone else is doing wrong and be blind to our own foolishness. :broken_heart:

Alison: :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Your gallery plans are wonderful. Will you keep your current space and use the coop as a sales floor or will you move your kiln and do all your pottery making there? :huh:

Alison: I wonder whether Tom has a chronic pain somewhere that makes him nasty, or whether it is simply his "style." I'll bet he's like this at work, too. :grumble:

Beth: (((hugs)))

Yesterday we drove all of the way into Portland to deposit a check into our account and messed it up. Today we have to fix it and I wonder whether that will require another drive into Portland. GRRR! It was a combination of our mistake and them not catching it. It is a substantial amount. We received it for the slip we sold and want to use it to pay for the one we bought so it is time sensitive. In other inconvenient news, I made an appointment to have my car seen to by VW. It is part of the huge recall they're doing to fix manufacturing defects. This will require two more long drives, but this takes us to Beaverton instead of Portland. In the mean time, I'm meeting my friend and former neighbor at the gym this morning. Yay! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

February Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

Goals
    1. Find a place I can learn to fall without getting hurt once my doctor says it is ok to try.

30881843.png
  • debbiekerschen0626
    Options
    Hi... I'm new to the group
    I'm 53 and need to change my life to keep up with the grand babies
    I'm looking for a group that can help keep me motivated and understands things a woman my age goes through
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ! ! !

Kristan – So sorry your post disappeared. For me sometimes a post will get buried, because so many other people posted while I am typing that my computer jumps over a bunch of things in an attempt to keep up. I look forward to communicating with you and everyone else soon. // I’m so sorry about your frustration with your now-ex. IMHO many men are ignorant to a woman’s feelings, so it might never cross his mind that you have a fond, romantic attachment to the surname Wolf. Plus, if he is also vindictive . . . well, that’s another story. Hugs and Prayers that you find the strength and peace you deserve.

Joyce – Hugs and Prayers for you, your sister, her surgeon, and all your loved ones ! ! !

Karen – I really miss eating almonds as my afternoon snack, but that’s only because I am too busy at work, but mostly because grapefruits are at a great price here right now. I like eating grapefruit because it also takes me a long time to peel and eat. So glad you have a similar mind-set, because DH thinks I’m ½ cracked (I probably am, but that’s our secret to take to the grave, so don’t tell anyone).

Allison – I agree about the hotel. Even a cheap hotel is better than sleeping in a car. I have been known to crank up the hot shower so the room is like a sauna, and find my guilty pleasure on TV (something that no one else in my house likes to watch, like Criminal Minds). That combination tends to clear both my mind and my sinuses. Hugs and Prayers for what you deserve ! ! !

Kim – I am both in awe and in love with your garage/dining room. SO creative and cozy ! ! !

To anyone I missed, I am having fond feelings and wishing you strength and peace !

No skorts at Kohl’s last night, but I got a great deal on a pair of clamdiggers. The entire rack was signed at 75% off clearance without any other signage, so she gave me the (brand new shipment) pair of Gloria VanDerBilts for under $10.00 with my rewards card discount. She also said to check back during the weekend, in case any skorts arrive with Friday’s shipment.

I arrived at work early today hoping to ride the bike. But between the severe knee inflammation and a radio contest my sister wants me to win, I just did a little jiggling in my desk chair. If the inflammation in my hand/wrist goes down by lunch, I will use the hand bike. I am forcing myself to walk with as little of limp as possible, so yesterday I did reach my step goal. But I cheated with the last of the dark chocolate while I was up in the middle of the night, so no sticker.

Today is a new day, and I will NOT bow down to the mindless-eating demon. I will rise above all temptation, and forgive myself for my mistakes. I will also maintain my pain control medication, so I can continue moving. Tomorrow I won’t get to workout during lunch, so I will force myself to go next door today, and do as much as possible. Any movement is better than no movement. And if I continue to struggle sleeping, I will slowly pace the house instead of eating.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • Katla49
    Options
    Debbie: Welcome.

I found something on facebook that I want to share. :laugh:

5efwudb9zy5i.jpg
  • TheRealMsWolf
    TheRealMsWolf Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you. <3
    Kim - Your garage dining room is fantastic!

I am actually in a good place now. I let myself feel all the crud I needed to feel, saw a therapist, confided in my long time NMD, and had amazing friends to lean on. Last summer I took two longish, solo road trips and spent some time in Yosemite for the first time. During all of it I tried to forgive him - and somehow, it worked. Once that happened I was able to settle in and start thinking about how I want to move forward. He and I are cordial at this point and effectively coparenting our two teens.

Kristan
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie: Welcome.

I found something on facebook that I want to share. :laugh:

5efwudb9zy5i.jpg

Katla- LOL! Omigod, yes! I went through this when thong underwear became popular (and I didn't know it), I would tell my daughter that I was looking for a pair of thongs and she would freak out! She was probably in about fifth grade. How she knew what thong underwear was, is beyond me. I still sometimes forget that flip-flops are the new name for thongs and still refer to them as thongs... Funny, funny comic. and so true.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Margaret, thanks for sharing. I hope the positive that you received from your experience will stay with you for a long time.

Welcome to all the newbies. Please tell us about yourself and your journey so far. We appreciate if you will sign each post with the name you want to be called. A location is great, also, general or specific.

Kay, glad you got the workout you all wanted today. I agree that you should tell her what you want. All she can do is say no and keep on with her plan.

Vicki, NE, when you ask, I try to come through for you. smiley-devil16.gif You know you can eat right, so get with it, girl.

Terri, you are right that sportsmanship has to be taught and demonstrated. Your Spa visit sounds heavenly. You enjoy!!!

Kristan, I don’t know any way that anyone can delete a post. Are you sure you clicked on “Post Reply” after you typed it in? That is the only thing I can think of. We welcome everyone’s comments.

Joyce, sending prayers for your sister. I hope the time won’t make a difference. I still haven’t downloaded Windows 10.

Betty, so sorry you are suffering and sad. Try meditation to help clear your mind. Our adult children can cause us such grief. Sending happy vibes!!!! ((((Hugs))))

Gayle, so sorry that you have been so sick. ill.gif Sending healing thought and prayers for a speedy recovery. (((Hugs)))

Allie, I’m just glad you didn’t sleep in your car!!!

Rosie, congrats on your loss!!! Doesn’t it feel great? Good luck on the new hairdresser. It sometimes takes them two or three times to really get the feel for your hair. I know having her closer would be nice.

Heather, I have had problems remembering names of people and things for many years also. DH makes fun of me for the terms I come up with when trying to describe things or events. The thing is, I get the message across even when I don’t use the right word. humpie.gif

Sylvia, it’s so exciting that you are getting close on the co-op. I hope things go smoothly!

KJ, one of my best memories of my Mom is her always whistling or humming while she cooked or cleaned. I’ve never been good at whistling and she did it so naturally that she didn’t even realize she was doing it. sweeping-with-broom-smiley-emoticon.gif Gosh, do you go through that with your “bigger baby” each morning? He must be a sound sleeper..

Margaret, I hope the meditation helps.

Cheri, I’m glad you feel less alone in your journey. I hope you know we are always here for support. If it helps, please share more often. We are here for you. ((((Hugs))))

Debbie, welcome. You will find this a wonderful place for support and information. Changing our lives is what this is all about. Most of us have tried diets over the years and know they don’t work long term. Please tell us a bit more about yourself to help us get to know you and sign each post with the name you want to be called. Come often.

Terrie, you scored at Kohls even though you didn’t get what you went for. Hopefully they will get some in soon.

Katla, love your new shoes, darling! smiley-laughing016.gif Thanks for sharing.

I made my chicken pot pie last night and thought it was good. For some reason that he couldn’t put his finger on, DH was not that crazy about it. Oh well. I have line dancing today so will venture out in the rainy day. I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Making progress on the housework this AM. Dried two loads of clothes, steam cleaned the kitchen floor, vacuumed the house, and now making a pot of potato soup. The Pom did not want to walk in the rain so I don't know how we will handle the doing your business thing. Hopefully later in the day.

Kristin ~ So glad you are healing after the divorce and admire you for taking a road trip alone.

Terri ~ Hope your arthritis pain goes away so you can get in some exercise.

Kim ~ You are so talented to create a dining space that looks great.

Katla ~ Love the cartoon. My DIL wears thongs and when I tried to help do a load of wash for her, it was very strange to see these little pieces of nothing.

Carol
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Cheri, I’m glad you feel less alone in your journey. I hope you know we are always here for support. If it helps, please share more often. We are here for you. ((((Hugs))))

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Thanks DJ. I have a hard time unburdening my woes/stresses/etc. I guess they are mine and mine alone.

Comes from my childhood and growing up. Raised by an angry and depressed mother who had 5 kids in a very short time period and a workaholic husband. So you did NOT say much when mom was in her mood which surprisingly was just about always. Cause saying something led to .... nothing except perhaps a much more angry and depressed mother. So I was your exceptionally excellent child always giving in to smooth the waters. And here

I am in a marriage of 32 years doing the same thing as to not upset the Asperger's apple cart of my husband. We have been through a lot. Love each other immensely. But boy is it a test of my patience. I could go on but.....for now I will let it sit and know that you are all here for me. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRESENCE IN MY LIFE LADIES! <3

Cheri in Fairlawn oHIo
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats-3X7X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 30

I was able to do all 22 kettle bell swing sets at 10 reps today. Yay! That means that the next time I do this I will transitioning to the 35 pound kettle bell five sets at a time.

I am also starting a one week challenge of push-ups. Today I am going to start with five sets of 10. I will be adding an extra set each day until on the sixth day (Sunday) we will be doing 100 push-ups. Join me if you want to give yourself an extra push(up) this week!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Sylvia – great gallery plans – you will be part of the re-vitalization of you town!

Joyce – sending good thoughts to you and your sister

Katla – LOLOLOLOL

Kristian – if you ever get back to CA – I’d love to have you over – I have a guest room and a pop up dining room LOL

Cheri – some one else here has a DH with Aspergers….. hmmm is it Teri?

Mary – I am so impressed, I can’t do even 1 push up.

Last night went great! Everyone seemed to like the tent and the meal. The dishes were done before bed and the walls are off the tent this morning, but I have a 10 -1 commitment, so will not finish dismantling it until this afternoon.

q0e82q552nwm.jpg
    m10jntl14oq7.jpg
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    KJ - I am barely 5 ft 5. At high school, before I went to uni I was between 115 lbs and 124 lbs. I married at 20 weighing 124. I aimed for a goal in the middle of the healthy range, around 23 BMI . According to some authorities it is better for bone health to be nearer the top of the healthy range when you are older. Also, if you have put on muscle through weights etc you will be smaller in size at a higher weight. My dress size is a British 12 (sometimes a 14 for my broad shoulders) which is US 8/10. I am happy with my figure, but a couple more pounds off my waist would not hurt. I dislike the texture of my skin, which is wrinkly and bobbly, but I am 66, so I'm not going in for Miss World. :bigsmile:
    I lost 57 lbs to get to 140. It took me 19 months. I have kept it off for over 2 years. I log every day and do 600 calories of exercise each morning. I eat up to 1800 calories a day.

Went out to get my hair trimmed and to buy some groceries, mainly salad and veg. Also visited the fishmonger and spent a ridiculous amount on fish to go into the bottle of French fish soup I bought. Prawns, scallops, cod and fresh tuna. Having it with a blob of rouille, grated cheese and croutons for DH that are in the freezer. Easy and quick, but not cheap. :embarassed:

Watching a tv series tonight that I go up to our bedroom to watch as it's too violent for DH. He is very sensitive, so I prefer to watch anything a bit challenging on my own. We are still ploughing through the stuff I recorded while the family was here. DDIL severely limits the grandchildren's tv viewing, only allowing them to watch 30 mins of specified young children's programmes before bedtime. They can choose in turn.

I have my TROLL HUNTER to watch when DH is out one day. And another Norwegian film waiting in my Amazon basket. :D

Love to all. Sending love and hugs to the strugglers. <3

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    godmomkim - very Purdy!!!

I always knew what people call flip flops, sandles or thongs as chanklas (Spanish word) I never knew what people called them in English. so all of the American words are foreign to me, lololol.

today when I ran on the treadmill, I didn't use any hands... by that I mean, for years when I run (on the treadmill) I run with one hand on the treadmill cuz I run with my eyes closed (so I don't fall off) and just listen to the music. I have been doing that for years and no, I don't recommend anybody here trying it. I will say that when I bump it up to a higher speed, I open my eyes and use my arms for full concentration. buy anyway, did it w/o any hands so I had to keep my eyes open all the time. now I know why I started closing my eyes to begin with. :0/
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :)Kim, your dining room looks awesome with the candles and the place settings and the salads.

:)Kristan, I told your story about your ex to my husband and he called him a bad name.....I'm so happy to hear that you were able to forgive him and be cordial to him so you can be good parents together. It has been my experience that forgiveness is freeing,

:)Mary, I had thought about trying pushups again and seeing if the neuropathy in my legs would be a problem. The last time I did pushups was at least six months ago and I did them with my hands on the seat of a sturdy dining room chair. I don't know if I'll join your challenge, but I'm thinking about trying pushups and some variation of the goblet squats and kettle bell swings without the kettle bells.

:) My friend who usually comes over at 10:30 on Tuesday mornings has cancelled so I have some extra time.....I hope to use it wisely.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful chilly NW Washingtont09013.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

146200.png
    “The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • pipcd34
    Options