Replies

• Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Valen004 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Hit 80kg , after 29 days of eating boxing. 80kg/1.85m, down from 90kg/1.85m.

Are you looking for congratulations? No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said that you would likely lose weight so fast that you would risk loss of muscle and that the contents of the boxes you showed were lacking in important macro and micro nutrients.

To claim the lack of nutrients one should know my average nutrient intake over some time. It's not possible to deduce this from the picture of just several boxes on several given days.To reach the conclusion of nutrient deficiency one should get more data than what I have made available on this forum.

I think we can just go off the fact that you're losing almost a pound a day.

The average weight loss was like 10kg/29days=0.345kg=0.76 pounds weight loss per day.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Interesting concept, thinking outside the box, but not really.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Are you looking for congratulations? No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said that you would likely lose weight so fast that you would risk loss of muscle and that the contents of the boxes you showed were lacking in important macro and micro nutrients.

To claim the lack of nutrients one should know my average nutrient intake over some time. It's not possible to deduce this from the picture of just several boxes on several given days.To reach the conclusion of nutrient deficiency one should get more data than what I have made available on this forum.

The average weight loss was like 10kg/29days=0.345kg=0.76 pounds weight loss per day.

First, congratulations on losing weight. That's not easy and you are working towards your goal. That said, you are losing awfully fast and are undoubtedly losing muscle in the process. You're not the first to do this, nor will you be the last. When you finally hit a wall with this, please consider upping your calorie intake a bit, maybe targeting about 500 calories at a time (about an extra sandwich a day since you aren't counting?), and making sure you up your protein intake while strength training if you aren't already. Dialing it all in can take time and few get everything right the first time around.

• Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

First, congratulations on losing weight. That's not easy and you are working towards your goal. That said, you are losing awfully fast and are undoubtedly losing muscle in the process. You're not the first to do this, nor will you be the last. When you finally hit a wall with this, please consider upping your calorie intake a bit, maybe targeting about 500 calories at a time (about an extra sandwich a day since you aren't counting?), and making sure you up your protein intake while strength training if you aren't already. Dialing it all in can take time and few get everything right the first time around.

Thank you for the congrats,
    It seems to me that my average cal intake over 29 days, taking into accounts 5 or so days of 0-intake (hunger days kind of), was not less than like 1500 cal/day.

Just to think of all the wine and chocolate I consumed :-). It's not been really difficult, and I guess 500 cal/day would more difficult.

And I was pretty active , like 10 km walking every day.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

It seems to me that my average cal intake over 29 days, taking into accounts 5 or so days of 0-intake (hunger days kind of), was not less than like 1500 cal/day.

Just to think of all the wine and chocolate I consumed :-). It's not been really difficult, and I guess 500 cal/day would more difficult.

Apologies if it wasn't clear, but I meant increasing your calorie intake by about 500 at a time, so from 1500 to 2000.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Oh, you had plenty of nutrition, but a large portion of your calories (which are obviously low since by your math you lost 0.76lbs per day, which means you are eating 2660 calories per day LESS than you are burning) are from chocolate and wine.

Got it.
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

lol

Really wasn't

But there's no helping some people :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Was OP obese? Is there any possible argument that it's advisable for someone who isn't obese to lose five pounds/week for a month?

Full disclosure: I will be dropping 20ish pounds (from 195-175) over the next 3-4 months by eating at a deficit to TDEE of 600-700 calories daily while keeping protein relatively high (0.8-1.0g/lb bw) and fats at a reasonable amount (>0.35g/lb bw), but now I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    a box of donuts?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

That stat makes me want to cry. I just can't get my head around somebody wanting to lose weight this way.

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My "box" for the day: beef roast and veg braised in red wine, scrambled eggs and salsa, strawberries, a whole sliced green pepper, feta and Greek vinaigrette with mixed veg, cottage cheese and pears.

834 calories, 59 g protein, and a boatload of micronutrients. Plus lots of colors. I would be repulsed if my entire day's eating was beige, from the white bread to the white wine.

Oh wait, did I say for the day. My bad, this is breakfast and lunch, but it DID fit in my lunchbox, except for the scrambled eggs, which I only deign to eat freshly made. I will be lifting and doing cardio, so I have at least another 800 calories (depending on how much cardio I do) for dinner, and still remaining in a deep deficit.
    tcoq2b70lgn7.jpg

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Was OP obese? Is there any possible argument that it's advisable for someone who isn't obese to lose five pounds/week for a month?

Full disclosure: I will be dropping 20ish pounds (from 195-175) over the next 3-4 months by eating at a deficit to TDEE of 600-700 calories daily while keeping protein relatively high (0.8-1.0g/lb bw) and fats at a reasonable amount (>0.35g/lb bw), but now I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong.

Yep #DoingItWrong. ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    What's interesting is that my lunch for today had more calories and fiber that some of his boxes, and I'm a woman. He says he is getting good nutrition, yet consumes more than half of his calories in wine and chocolate and what's in the box doesn't even have the things that a person is supposed to get enough of nearly every day: protein, fiber and calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If it helps you moderate your intake then go with it. It seems akin to pre-logging.

Pretty much this. If you think this will help then give it a try.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Hmm seems to be you need to weigh and measure your food. It doesn't really matter what fits in what other than calories and/or macros to go with it. I tried to look at your diary and it's not open. It looks like you need protein. That seems like very little food and you will do yourself a huge disservice by undereating. I love my wine also, but I will tell you alcohol will slow down your fat burn. When I cut out my alcohol I leaned out considerably more than before.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????
    ^^^^
    THIS!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That's a good site, to freshen things up for me. After 20 years of sedentary life in the US, I want to get back to my European weight of 68 kg/150 lbs at 168 cm/5'6". I took off 40 lbs starting in Jan. 2014, put 15 lbs back on after total hip replacement surgery and starting graduate study last summer, and looking to take off the remaining 80 lbs. Been on MFP for a year and it's good to learn about macros and micros in addition to calorie-counting. I occasionally have a protein box at Starbucks since I still love Brie and Swiss cheese.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Wait. I just re-read this one. Are you now saying that for 5 of the 29 days you ate nothing? 0 intake? Meaning 0 calories? You are a young male. Consuming 1500 cals/average is not healthy.

Look I am all for wine and chocolate. In moderation. As part of a balanced diet that includes other macro and micronutrients. You may have only posted a random sampling of your meals, but based on what you have shown us, there are not enough calories there, nor enough nutrients, to support healthy weight loss.

So what's your plan now that you've rapidly lost the weight that you set out to lose? What is your plan to transition into maintenance? How many calories do you intend to consume?