Valen004 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Hit 80kg , after 29 days of eating boxing. 80kg/1.85m, down from 90kg/1.85m.

Are you looking for congratulations? No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said that you would likely lose weight so fast that you would risk loss of muscle and that the contents of the boxes you showed were lacking in important macro and micro nutrients.

To claim the lack of nutrients one should know my average nutrient intake over some time. It's not possible to deduce this from the picture of just several boxes on several given days.To reach the conclusion of nutrient deficiency one should get more data than what I have made available on this forum.

I think we can just go off the fact that you're losing almost a pound a day.

The average weight loss was like 10kg/29days=0.345kg=0.76 pounds weight loss per day.

First, congratulations on losing weight. That's not easy and you are working towards your goal. That said, you are losing awfully fast and are undoubtedly losing muscle in the process. You're not the first to do this, nor will you be the last. When you finally hit a wall with this, please consider upping your calorie intake a bit, maybe targeting about 500 calories at a time (about an extra sandwich a day since you aren't counting?), and making sure you up your protein intake while strength training if you aren't already. Dialing it all in can take time and few get everything right the first time around.

Thank you for the congrats,
    It seems to me that my average cal intake over 29 days, taking into accounts 5 or so days of 0-intake (hunger days kind of), was not less than like 1500 cal/day.

Just to think of all the wine and chocolate I consumed :-). It's not been really difficult, and I guess 500 cal/day would more difficult.

And I was pretty active , like 10 km walking every day.

Wait. I just re-read this one. Are you now saying that for 5 of the 29 days you ate nothing? 0 intake? Meaning 0 calories? You are a young male. Consuming 1500 cals/average is not healthy.

Look I am all for wine and chocolate. In moderation. As part of a balanced diet that includes other macro and micronutrients. You may have only posted a random sampling of your meals, but based on what you have shown us, there are not enough calories there, nor enough nutrients, to support healthy weight loss.

So what's your plan now that you've rapidly lost the weight that you set out to lose? What is your plan to transition into maintenance? How many calories do you intend to consume?

My plan is just like that of any other person I think .. To live and enjoy life :-). I think it is reasonable goal to keep weight under 80kg.

I don't really count calories every morning when preparing the box very strictly, I just staff the box with some reasonable amount of food. I think it is important to continue boxing in order not to overeat, because "outside of the box" it is very easy for me to overeat a lot.

The boxing should go on.

Yes, for most people they should be under 80KG depending on their height but the weight on the scale isn't the only measure of health. You have probably lost a lot of muscle as well, and you have been told this several times, and I'm going to guess that you will never regain that muscle mass. The amount of visceral fat you carry is often more important than just how much you weigh. Have you done a hip to waist ratio lately?

A general advice is that weight alone can be used as a success metric of one's dieting efforts. I lost some muscle, and some fat.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Are you looking for congratulations? No one said you wouldn't lose weight. They said that you would likely lose weight so fast that you would risk loss of muscle and that the contents of the boxes you showed were lacking in important macro and micro nutrients.

To claim the lack of nutrients one should know my average nutrient intake over some time. It's not possible to deduce this from the picture of just several boxes on several given days.To reach the conclusion of nutrient deficiency one should get more data than what I have made available on this forum.

The average weight loss was like 10kg/29days=0.345kg=0.76 pounds weight loss per day.

First, congratulations on losing weight. That's not easy and you are working towards your goal. That said, you are losing awfully fast and are undoubtedly losing muscle in the process. You're not the first to do this, nor will you be the last. When you finally hit a wall with this, please consider upping your calorie intake a bit, maybe targeting about 500 calories at a time (about an extra sandwich a day since you aren't counting?), and making sure you up your protein intake while strength training if you aren't already. Dialing it all in can take time and few get everything right the first time around.

It seems to me that my average cal intake over 29 days, taking into accounts 5 or so days of 0-intake (hunger days kind of), was not less than like 1500 cal/day.

Just to think of all the wine and chocolate I consumed :-). It's not been really difficult, and I guess 500 cal/day would more difficult.

Wait. I just re-read this one. Are you now saying that for 5 of the 29 days you ate nothing? 0 intake? Meaning 0 calories? You are a young male. Consuming 1500 cals/average is not healthy.

Look I am all for wine and chocolate. In moderation. As part of a balanced diet that includes other macro and micronutrients. You may have only posted a random sampling of your meals, but based on what you have shown us, there are not enough calories there, nor enough nutrients, to support healthy weight loss.

So what's your plan now that you've rapidly lost the weight that you set out to lose? What is your plan to transition into maintenance? How many calories do you intend to consume?

My plan is just like that of any other person I think .. To live and enjoy life :-). I think it is reasonable goal to keep weight under 80kg.

I don't really count calories every morning when preparing the box very strictly, I just staff the box with some reasonable amount of food. I think it is important to continue boxing in order not to overeat, because "outside of the box" it is very easy for me to overeat a lot.

The boxing should go on.

Yes, for most people they should be under 80KG depending on their height but the weight on the scale isn't the only measure of health. You have probably lost a lot of muscle as well, and you have been told this several times, and I'm going to guess that you will never regain that muscle mass. The amount of visceral fat you carry is often more important than just how much you weigh. Have you done a hip to waist ratio lately?

A general advice is that weight alone can be used as a success metric of one's dieting efforts. I lost some muscle, and some fat.

It really seems like you are far more concerned about losing weight than your overall health. You continue to dismiss the advice of people in this thread who have expressed concern about the extreme calorie deficit you are incurring and the impact that may have on your muscle mass, concern over the lack of macro and micro nutrients in your daily consumption, and you focus instead on the weight loss results and the fact that you are still consuming wine and chocolate.

While you may not understand or are choosing to ignore these comments, what is most concerning to me is that this thread started out as something you were promoting for others to undertake as well. I can only hope that anyone else who may find this thread will not be tempted to engage in a potentially harmful approach to weight loss because of your pride in your rapid weight loss results.
  • Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

The boxing should go on.

It really seems like you are far more concerned about losing weight than your overall health. You continue to dismiss the advice of people in this thread who have expressed concern about the extreme calorie deficit you are incurring and the impact that may have on your muscle mass, concern over the lack of macro and micro nutrients in your daily consumption, and you focus instead on the weight loss results and the fact that you are still consuming wine and chocolate.

While you may not understand or are choosing to ignore these comments, what is most concerning to me is that this thread started out as something you were promoting for others to undertake as well. I can only hope that anyone else who may find this thread will not be tempted to engage in a potentially harmful approach to weight loss because of your pride in your rapid weight loss results.

My approach is pretty simple-put the food in the box. It doesn't require specific deficit. Just put the food that you think is good for you in the box. No deficit, no malnutrition.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

The boxing should go on.

My approach is pretty simple-put the food in the box. It doesn't require specific deficit. Just put the food that you think is good for you in the box. No deficit, no malnutrition.

if whats in the box is less than your TDEE calories(to maintain weight) you ARE in a deficit. not to mention all that alcohol cannot be good for your liver
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

The boxing should go on.

If there's no deficit, how did you lose weight?
    How would you know if there is no malnutrition? It's not something that's symptomatic until it is moderate to severe, but a smart person works to prevent it.
  • Valen004
    Options

The boxing should go on.

If there's no deficit, how did you lose weight?
    How would you know if there is no malnutrition? It's not something that's symptomatic until it is moderate to severe, but a smart person works to prevent it.

Cal deficit is not a part of box diet specification. It's up to a person to implement his or her particular box contents. In my specific implementation of the box diet there has certainly been a cal deficit.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

The boxing should go on.

Your rapid weight loss supports the fact that you are in an extreme deficit. Whether you are measuring that deficit or not, as people have been telling you from the beginning there is not enough food of any type to provide ample calories (energy) to support healthy weight loss.
    We've also addressed the nutritional deficiencies in the foods you are choosing as well.

So if you could just confirm now if you are purposefully ignoring this advice, trolling, or if you are just not understanding what we are saying, (maybe a language barrier?) that would be great because you've got 10 pages of sincere replies from people trying to explain this to you.
  • Valen004
    Options

The boxing should go on.

Your rapid weight loss supports the fact that you are in an extreme deficit. Whether you are measuring that deficit or not, as people have been telling you from the beginning there is not enough food of any type to provide ample calories (energy) to support healthy weight loss.
    We've also addressed the nutritional deficiencies in the foods you are choosing as well.

So if you could just confirm now if you are purposefully ignoring this advice, trolling, or if you are just not understanding what we are saying, (maybe a language barrier?) that would be great because you've got 10 pages of sincere replies from people trying to explain this to you.

it's not me who's been ignoring but you
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

The boxing should go on.

it's not me who's been ignoring but you

No, it is truly, genuinely you.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

The boxing should go on.

Specific advice for people under eating with micronutrient low foods, and low protein is don't do that. So which do you do, follow general advice or that most applicable to your endeavor?

Metabolically obese, normal weight is a thing:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_weight_obesity
    An easy way to get there is crash diet, and low protein will get one there even faster.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

The boxing should go on.

Whose general advice? Any fat loss, particularly visceral fat, is good but weight loss and fat loss are not the same thing. SOME muscle loss is inevitable but I'll bet you dollars to donuts you've lost about half in muscle. Would you like to do a DEXA to see where your weight loss has come from? You won't like the results when you start to suffer from sarcopinea. Now at 30 you maybe a tad young to have to worry about that but the fact that you've lost a lot of muscle and have little hope of regaining much of it, unless you turn your lifestyle around drastically, then you are going to be hit hard by it by the time you hit 60. Also, you are likely deficient in calcium and other minerals based on what I can see in your box so far. You may be losing some fat now but you are putting your long term health in a tenuous position.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I think that your plan could work...however...

If what I see in the box is all you are eating it doesn't seem like enough. I also see no fruits/vegetables. Not that you have to eat them but they help to keep you full for very few calories plus healthy for you.

Maybe not eating enough is why other types of diets have failed for you.

The box contents is changing every day more or less. Sometimes I put veggies inside. Usually I eat a lot of veggies/fruits. I don't think that I have not eaten enough with other diets. It seems to me that I have eaten too much with other diets.
    I think that your plan could work...however...

If what I see in the box is all you are eating it doesn't seem like enough. I also see no fruits/vegetables. Not that you have to eat them but they help to keep you full for very few calories plus healthy for you.

Maybe not eating enough is why other types of diets have failed for you.

The box contents is changing every day more or less. Sometimes I put veggies inside. Usually I eat a lot of veggies/fruits. I don't think that I have not eaten enough with other diets. It seems to me that I have eaten too much with other diets.

What is in that box is not enough for a 30 y/o male.

How much weight do you have to lose?

I would like to shed off 25 pounds. I don't say that I have a lot in the box, but I want to lose weight, not to put on some.

Bruh, I'm female and about 5'1 and that box would be a snack for me. I've lost 60+ lbs. That's way too little.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options

The boxing should go on.

OP is a 30 year old male, 185 cm tall, that is about 6 ft 2 in.

He wouldn't want to go far under 80 kg - at 80 kg he is already in healthy BMI range.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    This was my today's box. :)
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

:/ Seriously???

I'd be so friggin miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just have to say that green pepper looks so lonely in a sea of bland!
  • CollieFit
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

Bruh, I'm female and about 5'1 and that box would be a snack for me. I've lost 60+ lbs. That's way too little.

Ditto. I'm 5'6", female, and eat heaps more than that in an average day. More like this... scrambled egg & bacon brekkie, chicken salad lunch, couple of bits of fruit, fish & veg dinner... and I have no problems losing weight.

9h11am0qletj.jpg
    867jadzpjgsy.jpg
    ori6vb98r0u5.jpg
    m586n2vowqj0.jpg

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

The boxing should go on.

OP is a 30 year old male, 185 cm tall, that is about 6 ft 2 in.

He wouldn't want to go far under 80 kg - at 80 kg he is already in healthy BMI range.

Actually it's 6' 3/4 but 80kg should be a decent weight for that height. However, bf% is just as important and I'd be surprised if he wasn't a lot higher than he should be for that weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Forty6and2 wrote: »

Ditto. I'm 5'6", female, and eat heaps more than that in an average day. More like this... scrambled egg & bacon brekkie, chicken salad lunch, couple of bits of fruit, fish & veg dinner... and I have no problems losing weight.

9h11am0qletj.jpg
    867jadzpjgsy.jpg
    ori6vb98r0u5.jpg
    m586n2vowqj0.jpg

yum @colliefit

needs ice cream though
  • CollieFit
    edited March 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    yum @colliefit
    needs ice cream though

Not huuugely fussed on most ice cream....

Well back in the day when Häagen-Dazs made Baileys ice cream... Now THEN you were talking business, but I think they stopped doing it. Can't see it anywhere in our supermarkets anymore. *wipes tear*