Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Valen004 wrote: »
    This was my today's box. :)

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

Please tell me that's one meal not the whole day??
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    but.... where are the veggies? I see a load of carbs and some.... rolluppy things... I have no idea what that is.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I think that your plan could work...however...

If what I see in the box is all you are eating it doesn't seem like enough. I also see no fruits/vegetables. Not that you have to eat them but they help to keep you full for very few calories plus healthy for you.

Maybe not eating enough is why other types of diets have failed for you.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am in the camp of not really understanding how this is different than just planning out what you eat for the day and then sticking with that. You said you haven't really tried MFP yet OP, but yet, here you are...

Maybe before trying out the box you should try entering your stats and goals into MFP, letting it calculate an appropriate deficit for you, eating foods that you enjoy (in or out of the box), logging everything accurately and honestly, and aiming to eat a balanced, nutrient dense diet?

Or basically, all of this..

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

If what I see in the box is all you are eating it doesn't seem like enough. I also see no fruits/vegetables. Not that you have to eat them but they help to keep you full for very few calories plus healthy for you.

The box contents is changing every day more or less. Sometimes I put veggies inside. Usually I eat a lot of veggies/fruits. I don't think that I have not eaten enough with other diets. It seems to me that I have eaten too much with other diets.
  • Valen004
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    but.... where are the veggies? I see a load of carbs and some.... rolluppy things... I have no idea what that is.

There is humus inside the plate. It is delicious Israeli food, recommended in moderation.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

This. I don't understand. What is that? Hummus, plain noodles, pita bread, artificial crab meat, and one pepper?
  • Annie_01
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

This. I don't understand. What is that? Hummus, plain noodles, pita bread, artificial crab meat, and one pepper?

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

Not much for a 30 y/o male...IMO.
  • Valen004
    Options
    I am in the camp of not really understanding how this is different than just planning out what you eat for the day and then sticking with that. You said you haven't really tried MFP yet OP, but yet, here you are...

Maybe before trying out the box you should try entering your stats and goals into MFP, letting it calculate an appropriate deficit for you, eating foods that you enjoy (in or out of the box), logging everything accurately and honestly, and aiming to eat a balanced, nutrient dense diet?

I don't say other methods don't work . They very well may work.
    The box is not really different from just plain planning. However I suspect that with planning it is easier to get off the plan. With the box you are sure what you are doing. You don't really need to think a lot. So you have a lot of control I think.
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

This is whole day. Not one meal. One box=one day.
    Plus I drink like 0.2 liters of white wine a day.
  • Annie_01
    Options

The box contents is changing every day more or less. Sometimes I put veggies inside. Usually I eat a lot of veggies/fruits. I don't think that I have not eaten enough with other diets. It seems to me that I have eaten too much with other diets.

What is in that box is not enough for a 30 y/o male.

How much weight do you have to lose?
  • WinoGelato
    Options

The box is not really different from just plain planning. However I suspect that with planning it is easier to get off the plan. With the box you are sure what you are doing. You don't really need to think a lot. So you have a lot of control I think.

But how do you know that the foods you are putting in the box are the appropriate number of calories and providing you adequate nutrition. The contents of that box, if it is indeed one days worth of food, would certainly not be enough for me and I'm a petite female. What are you goals OP? Lose weight? How much? Have you tried entering the foods in the box into the MFP database to see how many calories it provides, and whether or not it leaves you short in particular areas? Is that really all you are going to eat today? Aren't you hungry?
  • Valen004
    Options

But how do you know that the foods you are putting in the box are the appropriate number of calories and providing you adequate nutrition. The contents of that box, if it is indeed one days worth of food, would certainly not be enough for me and I'm a petite female. What are you goals OP? Lose weight? How much? Have you tried entering the foods in the box into the MFP database to see how many calories it provides, and whether or not it leaves you short in particular areas? Is that really all you are going to eat today? Aren't you hungry?

With the box it's difficult not to be hungry. I am hungry, but tolerably so. No very-very hungry.
  • Valen004
    Options

I would like to shed off 25 pounds. I don't say that I have a lot in the box, but I want to lose weight, not to put on some.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

I thought the same thing. What's that? 800 calories maybe?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I just want to reiterate the bold...

If that's really your whole day, this is a bad idea and the recipe to a quick burn out.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????

I think it's the same, but it is easier to pull it off with the box than with some program. But I haven't really tried MFP yet.

if you have not tried MFP then how do you know it is easier?

I would think pre logging and knowing your calories for the day would be easier than just having random items in a box....

but that is just my two cents....
  • WinoGelato
    Options

With the box it's difficult not to be hungry. I am hungry, but tolerably so. No very-very hungry.

The amount of food in that box is not enough for a 30 year old male. I strongly suggest you read the helpful posts in the various forum sections and try logging the foods you have in the box into the database. Drastically cutting calories in the name of some arbitrary restriction you are putting on yourself will likely lead to negative consequences. With 25 lbs to lose you should have yourself set at a 1lb or 0.5 lb/week deficit. That is only 250-500 calories below your maintenance level. You haven't said if you are exercising but the minimum intake recommended for men is 1800 calories, and you probably can eat considerably more than that and still reach your goals. The amount in that box is probably less than 1000 calories.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

This is whole day. Not one meal. One box=one day.
    Plus I drink like 0.2 liters of white wine a day.

You would be better to move from the gimmickie box to prelogging and finding a reasonable level of calories. I don't see a lot of micronutruient variety either so you might be doing your health a disservice in the long run.
  • Valen004
    Options

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg

I thought the same thing. What's that? 800 calories maybe?

I didn't count this up today. But today's box is really small, and without chocolate bars that I eat every day.
    Maybe it's 800 calories. Plus some wine it would be 1000 calories. But that's really low that I eat today.