Box diet

Options
Valen004
Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
Hello all!

After long and unfortunately largely futile efforts to lose weight I am trying out a new system of my own invention. The Box Diet.

It is basically a pretty simple system. At the morning I fill a box with food . The food in the box is the only food I eat until tomorrow's morning.

Tea and coffee with no sugar no milk are unlimited. Usually I include into the box two bars of chocolate, however I think it's too much.

All are welcome to test out the Box Diet and see if it works well.

I will update the post on how my dieting goes with the picture of the box!

Best regards,
Valentin

Replies

• qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Like meal prepping for the day?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What size box? I mean, I could get a large appliance box and fill it with food but I won't lose weight. This diet could be exploited in so many ways and isn't really teaching much in the way of nutrition.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    What size box? I mean, I could get a large appliance box and fill it with food but I won't lose weight. This diet could be exploited in so many ways and isn't really teaching much in the way of nutrition.

Good point. I figured it was what fit into the box with in their daily calorie goal. Kind of like meal prepping. But if it's just whatever fits into the box that would be a bad idea.
  • Valen004
    Options
    qpmomma1 wrote: »

I usually put simple things inside the box, like boiled eggs, some bread, pasta, vegetable salads.

It is more difficult to put a soup inside the box because then you need some small sub-boxes. But today I bought 3 small plastic boxes for some soups maybe. They will go inside the box.

• qpmomma1
    Options
    Valen004 wrote: »
    qpmomma1 wrote: »

I usually put simple things inside the box, like boiled eggs, some bread, pasta, vegetable salads.

It is more difficult to put a soup inside the box because then you need some small sub-boxes. But today I bought 3 small plastic boxes for some soups maybe. They will go inside the box.

If it helps you to stay within your calorie goal, go for it. Different tricks help different people.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    What's in the box?!!!
  • Valen004
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

The box is not really big. I will post a picture. It's volume about 3 liters I guess. I don't try to fill it out completely.
    I put thing intuitively inside of it. Don't try to eat only useful food. But I avoid fats, fatty food.

I just got so disappointed with other diets, I tried a lot , no-fats, no-sugar, no-carbs , French Protein diet. And I am active, I walk a ton. So now it's time for the Box . :-)
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Whatever works!
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Well, that's one way to plan meals. The only downside I see is that there are things I wouldn't want to leave unrefrigerated, and other things that I wouldn't want to refrigerate. I'd need at least two boxes. But by the time I knew what was going into the box, I would have pre-logged it anyway, so I just stuck to my list, I wouldn't actually need any boxes, after all. But if this helps you plan, then work it!
  • Valen004
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why don't you just pre log all your calories on MFP and only eat those...????

I think it's the same, but it is easier to pull it off with the box than with some program. But I haven't really tried MFP yet.
  • Valen004
    Options
    Well, that's one way to plan meals. The only downside I see is that there are things I wouldn't want to leave unrefrigerated, and other things that I wouldn't want to refrigerate. I'd need at least two boxes. But by the time I knew what was going into the box, I would have pre-logged it anyway, so I just stuck to my list, I wouldn't actually need any boxes, after all. But if this helps you plan, then work it!

Yep, agree, there are things that need to be refrigerated, there are liquid things, it is not ideal.
  • Valen004
    Options
    What's in the box?!!!

Food! Usually some eggs, some tomato/cucumber salads, pasta, pepper, and chocolate. It depends on my mood largely what I put inside.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    There's no space for food after I put the whiskey in, can I have 2 boxes? Or can that be unlimited too?
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This was my today's box. :)

mfrnfsibz629.jpg
    bp76el5gd37y.jpg
  • Valen004
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    There's no space for food after I put the whiskey in, can I have 2 boxes? Or can that be unlimited too?

Only one box for any day. I have 2 bottles of wine in the fridge , for a week. It is probably the only thing I eat that is not inside the box. And some really small stuff, like ketchup, peppers, salt.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    What's in the box?!!!

Food! Usually some eggs, some tomato/cucumber salads, pasta, pepper, and chocolate. It depends on my mood largely what I put inside.

If it helps you moderate your intake then go with it. It seems akin to pre-logging.
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If I finish up the box, on this day I eat nothing more. Tea/coffee no sugar/milk unlimited.
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What's in the box?!!!

If it helps you moderate your intake then go with it. It seems akin to pre-logging.

I am pretty sure it is the same thing more or less.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    However portion control, isn't exactly a calorie deficit; you should still weigh & calorie count, what goes into the box; even if your eating "healthy" things or in moderation.