Box diet

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Well this thread took off

op In concept it could be a way for you to meal plan and hit your macro and micro nutrients ...but in reality, with the example you have shown, it's a really nutrient and calories poor diet ..sorry .you should rethink
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Valen004 wrote: »
    What's in the box?!!!

Food! Usually some eggs, some tomato/cucumber salads, pasta, pepper, and chocolate. It depends on my mood largely what I put inside.

Perhaps you could make green eggs and ham?
    Then you could eat from boxes
    with foxes.
    You could eat on train
    or in the rain.

You could use MFP to pre-log
    you could exercise with calorie burning zig-a-zog
    You could track your macros
    You could exercise with a yoga pose
    Tracking your nutrition is so good you see
    Just count calories and you'll feel free

Lol post of the day!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    What's in the box?!!!

Food! Usually some eggs, some tomato/cucumber salads, pasta, pepper, and chocolate. It depends on my mood largely what I put inside.

Perhaps you could make green eggs and ham?
    Then you could eat from boxes
    with foxes.
    You could eat on train
    or in the rain.

You could use MFP to pre-log
    you could exercise with calorie burning zig-a-zog
    You could track your macros
    You could exercise with a yoga pose
    Tracking your nutrition is so good you see
    Just count calories and you'll feel free

Lol post of the day!

Agreed!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    What size box? I mean, I could get a large appliance box and fill it with food but I won't lose weight. This diet could be exploited in so many ways and isn't really teaching much in the way of nutrition.

DSC_0305.JPG

Note: Do not eat the children

Darn. I was already thinking "yummy children".

Taste like chicken don't they??

Right!? And the words look almost identical, if you turn your head quickly :D

Just needs some seasonings.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry just looking how little you are eating today :(

Weight loss doesn't have to be so hard. Eat more and you'll still lose!
  • Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    What size box? I mean, I could get a large appliance box and fill it with food but I won't lose weight. This diet could be exploited in so many ways and isn't really teaching much in the way of nutrition.

DSC_0305.JPG

Note: Do not eat the children

LOL . Really funny.
  • Valen004
    Options
    joolsmd wrote: »
    I'm on a fast day today and I've eaten more than that! :o

I believe that's why people are putting on weight a lot. They eat too much, even when trying to lose some weight.
  • Valen004
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

op In concept it could be a way for you to meal plan and hit your macro and micro nutrients ...but in reality, with the example you have shown, it's a really nutrient and calories poor diet ..sorry .you should rethink

I have never claimed that what I showed on the picture is the food for every day. So what you are saying is simply based on the wrong assumption.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I have never claimed that what I showed on the picture is the food for every day. So what you are saying is simply based on the wrong assumption.

Then please show us a more typical day but I don't think you'll be any happier with the comments because your box is tiny. In all fairness, you chose the day to show us and we are only critiquing it based on what we can see. To me, that box is lunch.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

I believe that's why people are putting on weight a lot. They eat too much, even when trying to lose some weight.
    Maybe, but if you eat well you can eat a larger volume. Take those crab sticks for example. I love crab sticks, and I use them as a low cal snack on fast days (5 counts less than 100 cals), but never as a 'meal'. How depressing would that be?

My intake today:
    Spinach, kiwi, cucumber, and coconut water smoothie - 100 cals ish
    Yoshoi rice sticks - 97 cals
    Spinach, tomatoes and cucumber with a handful of prawns - 102 cals
    Graze miso soup and edamame beans - 97 cals
    Grilled flat mushroom, poached egg, grilled tomatoes, 1 low fat sausage - 191 cals

All came in at 600 cals, yet I suspect I had a more satisfying day than yours was.

Meal planning, MFP, and food scales are your friends.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

There are calculators and devices which will help you quantitate the amount of calories you need to eat to maintain your weight at your current height/weight/activity level. For reference, I'm a 5'2 female, over 40, and my maintenance number including exercise is about 2200 calories. As a 30 year old male, yours will probably be higher than mine.

Whether you maintain, lose, or gain weight comes down to a balance between your calories in and your calories out. If you eat less than your maintenance, you will lose. If you eat more, you will gain. Knowing the numbers will help make your efforts to lose 25 lbs and keep that weight off more successful. That will help you determine what you need to put in the box.

MFP can help you estimate those numbers by putting in your basic stats and your goals. I'm not sure why you are so resistant to using this site as it is designed?
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Maybe, but if you eat well you can eat a larger volume. Take those crab sticks for example. I love crab sticks, and I use them as a low cal snack on fast days (5 counts less than 100 cals), but never as a 'meal'. How depressing would that be?

My intake today:
    Grilled flat mushroom, poached egg, grilled tomatoes, 1 low fat sausage - 191 cals

All came in at 600 cals, yet I suspect I had a more satisfying day than yours was.

And just to clarify, because I think you posted this upthread but in case the OP didn't catch it or others didn't - you are doing IF, correct? What is your calorie intake on your non fast days?
  • joolsmd
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

My intake today:

And just to clarify, because I think you posted this upthread but in case the OP didn't catch it or others didn't - you are doing IF, correct? What is your calorie intake on your non fast days?

Average 1500 cals a day for the other 5 days a week.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

So you have a day that's nutrition poor

Why?
  • joolsmd
    Options

My intake today:

Actually just added up. As long as I am under 10k a week I'm happy. I just find it easier to do that if I do 5:2.

• WinoGelato
    Options

My intake today:

Actually just added up. As long as I am under 10k a week I'm happy. I just find it easier to do that if I do 5:2.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure the OP didn't latch onto your 600 cal day and think that was what he should be aiming for every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I've read some pretty arbitrary stuff, but this one is right up there. OP - I'm a 5'4 female and lose weight eating double that. Your thinking is flawed, and is likely to have negative ramifications.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I believe that the OP, might have; an eating disorder.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    asinine